Focus Hope Employee Reviews

it was a productive place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 13, 2017
it was a productive place to work I enjoyed the environment. just wish the lines moved a little faster. I am used to a fast paced environment. I would love working for this company again.
was a fun place to work even though it was temproraily
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 16, 2017
liked working with the people fast pace enviroment i like keeping busy and management was very helpful and understanding when you need help or questions answered good company to work for
the best work environment ever
Lead Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 12, 2017
Focus Hope was one of the best jobs I've ever had. I loved my boss and co-workers. Each day we set out to make sure the seniors of Detroit had some food for the month. The managers were always there to help when needed.
Pros
You get to interact with people from different walks of life
Cons
n/a
Focus hope Review
Packaging Assembler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2017
Productive work place with helpful people around you to show you the task at hand on difference work station. I learned how to assemble the front wheel drive of the new Cadillac.
A fun place to work
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 30, 2017
I like what I do at Focus Hope cause I get to help people everyday and get to inter act with so many people. And at Focus Hope they love helping the community
Pros
Helping the people
Cons
The pay
Good venue to obtain additional STEM educational experience
Math Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2017
Good venue to obtain additional STEM educational experience. The organization is very concerned with advancing the best interest of their clients. I need to move it to the next level as I am capable for doing much more.
workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2017
I love working for Focus Hope. since I've been here the people have been really good to me. The pay is not the best but, It's a job that I don't mind coming to.
Pros
sick days and vacation days you are paid for.
Cons
the pay could be better
Worked as a placement coordinator for the Machinist Training Institute
Employment Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 15, 2016
This was a great company opportunity that I was hired into as a permanent employee at the end of a contracted period in light of the success I had in placing persons into unsubsidized employment at a rate far better than previous placement persons who had previously held the position. Achieved an unheard of 100 percent placement rate of new graduates from the Machinist Training Program, and was also responsible for placement any past graduate of the program who needed new employment because of a job loss for any reason.
Very productive and fun work envirement
GENERAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2016
I really learned alot from that job, you really had to work as team to get the job done. Great co-workers and management. The hardest part was not ever knowing exactyly when you were going home.
Pros
Free lunches every now an then was great!!
Cons
They have great health care coverage dental, and vision
Non Profit
Assistant Teacher- Head Start (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 17, 2016
A growing collaboration of people working together to equip the community with some of it basic needs. Encouraging growth in family wholeness, education, employment and safety
Office Specialist
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2016
Organizing paper work keeping records setting up appointments
answering phones listening to others faxing paper helping to take food to there car
team work
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 21, 2015
great team work everybody working to gather helping each other and a lot of open resources to learn more was a great opportunity
Pros
good team work
Helping the less fortunate
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 18, 2015
Volunteering at focus hope was not about the money but more about helping the less fortunate families. the most enjoyable part of volunteering for focus hope was seeing the families smile.
Family style place to work, everybody played a role in the company's success.
School Improvement Adviser (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2014
Responsible for time cards of all hourly employees. The time reported was validated by supervisor's reports and attendance sheets. Responsible for paycheck distributions and all monetary changes needed. Developed weekly AP and AR reports for the senior financial officer. Scheduled all vendors in and out of building, and managed all staff shortages on a daily basis.
Productive and great place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 4, 2014
Work hours are 6am--2;30pm unless overtime is specified and that's mandatory.We assemble various automotive parts for GM vehicles.Management is close by to assist you in anything you my need or question you may have.Co-workers are very nice from my experience.The hardest part of the job to me is getting up at that early.Most enjoyable part is getting off early and no weekends.
Helped those in need
Product Verification, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 27, 2014
This position at focus hope was strictly voluntary. This opportunity gave me experience in the community service field. My role was specifically data entry, food processor and food distributor.
a great gym
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2014
A typical day started off with a ten minute team exercise and go over the production from the previous day and discuss whats needed that day. How to be a family at work the hardest part was leaving once assignment was over.
Rewarding
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Focus Hope is very helpful for seniors and anyone looking to update their job skills.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
No pay increase for it's colleagues for 12 years.
a very positive work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2013
I meet some of the most amazing people at FH. I've learned what giving back to the community is since volunteering at FH.
Great place to interact with a diverse population
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 4, 2013
Focus Hope afforded me the opportunity to help an under-served portion of the population and to receive their gratitude upon program completion. There was also the opportunity to introduce participants to other Focus Hope programs and services to improve their overall growth. I was fortunate to work with a very dedicated group of people who went above and beyond to ensure that our participants received the most from our program. It is unfortunate that Federal Funding did not allow us to continue the program or further the participants education to an intermediate status.
Pros
Concentrated attention to employee wellness, free participation in health maintenance organizations (weight watchers)
Cons
Some executive level management inaccessible to regular employees, . No real job security for educational departments because of grant funding.