Focus Hope Employee Reviews in United States

Office Specialist
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2016
Organizing paper work keeping records setting up appointments
answering phones listening to others faxing paper helping to take food to there car
Family style place to work, everybody played a role in the company's success.
School Improvement Adviser (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2014
Responsible for time cards of all hourly employees. The time reported was validated by supervisor's reports and attendance sheets. Responsible for paycheck distributions and all monetary changes needed. Developed weekly AP and AR reports for the senior financial officer. Scheduled all vendors in and out of building, and managed all staff shortages on a daily basis.
Productive and great place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 4, 2014
Work hours are 6am--2;30pm unless overtime is specified and that's mandatory.We assemble various automotive parts for GM vehicles.Management is close by to assist you in anything you my need or question you may have.Co-workers are very nice from my experience.The hardest part of the job to me is getting up at that early.Most enjoyable part is getting off early and no weekends.
Helping the less fortunate
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 18, 2015
Volunteering at focus hope was not about the money but more about helping the less fortunate families. the most enjoyable part of volunteering for focus hope was seeing the families smile.
Great Experience
Distribution Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2012
I learned how to work various machines. I have the opportunity to interact with people from various backgrounds. Hardest part of my job was having to load and unload the trucks mainly by myself, due to me having the most experience. My co-workers seemed as if they were willing to learn the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was helping feed families in need.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
healthcare benefits. long hours. low pay.
Fair
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2013
A typical day was loading and unloading finished car axles with a motorized hand crane. I learned how to use various hand held tools. Management was very thorough and helpful. My co-workers were a fun group hard-working group. The hardest part was the unexpected 15, 16 hour days. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my team.
Pros
clean efficient plant
Cons
Great place to interact with a diverse population
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 4, 2013
Focus Hope afforded me the opportunity to help an under-served portion of the population and to receive their gratitude upon program completion. There was also the opportunity to introduce participants to other Focus Hope programs and services to improve their overall growth. I was fortunate to work with a very dedicated group of people who went above and beyond to ensure that our participants received the most from our program. It is unfortunate that Federal Funding did not allow us to continue the program or further the participants education to an intermediate status.
Pros
concentrated attention to employee wellness, free participation in health maintenance organizations (weight watchers)
Cons
some executive level management inaccessible to regular employees, . no real job security for educational departments because of grant funding.
it was a great learning experience
Hi-lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 6, 2012
I loaded and unloaded trucks. I learned how to drive a hi lo there.Management was fair. my co workers were great.It really wasn't a hard part to that job.Working with the children that came to pack the senior boxes.
Pros
the experience
Cons
no room for advancement
Helped those in need
Product Verification, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 27, 2014
This position at focus hope was strictly voluntary. This opportunity gave me experience in the community service field. My role was specifically data entry, food processor and food distributor.
a great gym
Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2014
A typical day started off with a ten minute team exercise and go over the production from the previous day and discuss whats needed that day. How to be a family at work the hardest part was leaving once assignment was over.
Rewarding
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Focus Hope is very helpful for seniors and anyone looking to update their job skills.
Pros
helping others
Cons
no pay increase for it's colleagues for 12 years.
a very positive work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2013
I meet some of the most amazing people at FH. I've learned what giving back to the community is since volunteering at FH.
productive
Food Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 14, 2013
The pay is not good and no raises. Managers of food center are mean
Pros
sometimes free food hour breaks
Cons
standing on concrete floors

2.9