Focus Pointe Global Employee Reviews

Not a living wage
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2016
They keep employees under 30 hours so you do not get benfits. They do not care about employees . You are sent home mid shift if a job is not producing.
Pros
Cons
Rules do not apply to everyone, low pay, shifts cancelled
productive work place
CustomerService Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2016
Nice job with flexible hours good pay very easy to catch on. I learned about marketing and the purpose of focus groups. i talked with many different people a day
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Met expectaions
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2016
I worked there as a Business Development Intern and I learned all I wanted to from the company. Everyone was including and helpful.
Unprofessional Supervisor
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoSeptember 15, 2015
This is the worst place to work, you have to call in one hour before scheduled time to work, at which time the recording tells you whether you have to come in or not that particular day. Then, when you do go into work for your scheduled 4-6 hr shift, the supervisor tells you to go home in 2-3 hrs after driving to work 45 mins. It is complete waste of time and gas and felt like a slave and very disrespectful. I would not recommend this company for anyone, as there is no stability at all.
Pros
Cons
No guarantee of scheduled work hours
Great Place to Work while in school
Hostess / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75240September 1, 2015
The management is great, wonderful people to work for. Have to do much more work than originally told. The people were great, but much more politics than normal. Coworkers favored certain people. It was great while you're in school, the manager works around everyone's schedule to accommodate as much as possible.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great coworkers
Cons
Breaks were rare, No advancement
production
Respondent Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2015
My typical day at work is very busy.I work for a marketing research company that conducts focus group studies .Everyday I answer 100+ calls helping the respondents from our call database. I enjoy working with my co-workers most of our supervisors ,Pm's,and Executives are very helpful and i learn a lot from them on a daily basis but i am currently looking for something that is a little more challenging .
national and local recruiter for various paid surveys
national,local marketing recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2015
I was able to improve mt typing ability. I was able to improve my phone mannerism. The job was fast paced, made for a fast work day. The hardest part of the job was siting at a desk.
Good workplace, great colleagues
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
A typical day meant meeting new people and assisting our clients with their needs from making copies to serving food to helping with their project. I learned administrative skills and multiple types of Audio Video setups. Management was fair and respectful to everyone. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional rude respondent. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people on a daily basis and assisting the clients with their projects.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
rare weekend work
Great Staff
Market Research Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2015
I love the convenient location right in Center City. I really love the management staff. Market Research recruiting is a roller coaster industry. When it's busy it's really busy and when it's slow it is really slow.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Unreliable work load
Fast Paced Environment
Zone Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2015
The benefit of this job at the end of the day is the experience received from managing multiple real-life occurrences in an office environment. Time-management, efficiency, growth with professionalism, peer consideration, and teamwork, to name a few, are traits I've been able to gain insight on and growth in with my time at this company.
Best job I ever had , it was crazy fun
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2015
I went to work every day with different jobs to work on. I prepared the materials , read over them and started making calls. At times there would be changes made by the client or manager and had to prepare the same materials again with all the changes. Sometimes there would be a last minute opening for a study and I would be called upon to find a person to attend.
When I first started I essentially learned the ropes of inviting people to focus groups. I already had phone experience so it was just a matter of utilizing them in a focus group environment
I dealt with different managers. Project managers were friendly and outgoing. Where I worked, we had a facility director that I had a long good professional relationship with. We had an office manager who was terrific and one other recruiter who was also a great guy
The hardest part of the job were some studies were extremely difficult. In some cases it was looking for a needle in a haystack. Other studies we had a client list provided with people as opposed to database. Calling people from the database with 100 times easier than a client list. People on client lists were often rude and had no interest in participating in a focus group.
The best part of the job was the casual atmosphere. Despite the craziness that some days brought, it was casual. Our boss was flexible when it came to scheduling - if we were not on time, it was fine as long as we did our work. Some projects that I worked on were easy which was also enjoyable because I could produce more.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly managers, great benefits
Cons
disorganized, lack of communication, getting laid off for budget reasons
Worked There Back in the Early 90's
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2015
I worked for this company from May of 1990 to July of 1991. It wasn't a bad place at first. I was paid a guaranteed salary regardless of how many recruits I got, and there was no selling involved. The work environment wasn't that bad either. I got along with most of the people there. The company was under another name at that time.

Then in February of '91, they changed the pay scale. It went to being from a guaranteed salary to an hourly rate based on the number of recruits that you got. This was just like working on commission. I just simply could not accept this, and I decided to look for another job.
Pros
no selling involved
Cons
change in pay scale; occiasional layoffs due to lack of work
Marketing research
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 7, 2014
Conduct focus group. Deal with database (The Big data). Make some cold call and contact potential customer
No job stability
Hostess/ receptionist (Current Employee) –  columbusOctober 1, 2014
there are very few weeks that i get called into work. more often than not i have maybe two days of work a week, followed by a week ofno work.
Pros
when i am there i work.
Cons
the pay, no benefits
work
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2014
Supervises up to 35 recruiters daily in a fast-paced, national market research call center. Oversees the recruitment, scheduling and both qualitative and quantitative data processing of nearly 100 market research participants each day.
• Acts as a liaison between call center recruiters, project managers and executives to ensure multiple projects are completed efficiently and on time.
• Meets and often exceeds daily projected revenue goals of $10,000+ through extensive project management and effective scheduling or recruiters and assignments.
Data Entry
Assisting the client and conveying their needs to the survey takers.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2014
• Sending and receiving emails to understand and care for client(s) specific needs.
• Telephone navigation of respondents to location.
• Tending to needs of clients and conveying/ representing those needs and concerns to the incoming respondents.
• Guiding respondents through rescreener process.
• Organization of respondent groups and herding/directing to appropriate focus groups.
• Providing technical support of audio/visual and recording equipment.
Pros
relaxed, straight forward objectives, meet new people
Cons
low wages, inconsistant work schedule and hours
Fun place to work
Marketing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
This job focuses on the consumer of fortune 500 companies. Most employees are entry level and part time.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2014
This is the worst place I've ever worked! They have no respect or kindness for their employees! They treat employees like they're machines. The atmosphere is disgusting. The co-workers and low level managers are pitiful people. They treat all employees like they're idiots and the low level managers make lots of mistakes that they then blame subordinates for. Most waiting for law suit settlements or acting careers to take off. The best part of the day, walking out the building at the end of a shift.
Pros
simple work
Cons
everything
Unorganized and unprofessional
Customer Service Representative/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2013
The worst place to work in the world. They are very unprofessional, unorganized and unpredictable
Cons
everything
On-call position
CSR, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2013
No creative work here. Strictly host and office type work. Facilitator for companies conducting respondent style Market research.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very little work, no benefits and no room for advancement or raises.

2.6