Focus Services, LLC Employee Reviews

The one in sterling is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJuly 15, 2016
they treat workers super bad
Management & the coaches are super unprofessional
Breaks? yea right good luck getting those
Bonuses pretty much impossible to get
They try to force you to stay way past your shift and if you say no they treat you even worse
They don't appreciate employees at ALL!!
You can work from 8am-11pm for weeks & if you get a family emergency or you get sick they don't care .. even if you get a doctors note they still give you two points!! The pay is ridiculous 8.25. . If someone calls off they force you to work more & if not you'll get wrote up.. they have a high turn over rate and have loss 10 people in the last two weeks alone due to the mess... worst job I ever had!!!
Production work
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTDecember 6, 2016
Fast paced environment. Multi tasking and work as a team to succeed. Nice work place. Work as much as you like. Works weekends. Many bonuses
Pros
Environment
Cons
Co workers
Worst place ive ever worked.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 23, 2016
They teach you basically nothing about the actual job in training, it's just 4 weeks of telling you how awesome it is there and the awesome services they sell ( yeah right)

Managers (coaches) are a complete joke. Most of them act like 15 year old kids. Barely help you with the archaic computer programs that centurylink makes them use. Most coaches are rude and loud, breaking rules and no repercussions.

The computers are extremely slow, but you are constantly graded on your call time. A call that should take 5mins will literally take 15 because of how slow they are, and you have to try and convince the customer to buy more products during this, even though the company scammed/screwed them over, and you are yelled at for not offering more products.

Pay is horrible, compensation for sales is a joke, they always find ways to scam you out of it.

You get yelled at all day from customers, it's a retention center. It's not fun at all.

The whole company is a joke, from corporate to the agents.
Pros
Hard to get fired.
Cons
Everything.
Worst job ever
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILDecember 31, 2015
So many issues with this job
1) breaks yeah right in your dreams if u go to the bathroom thats considered your break and those are all unpaid
2) 8.25 hr
8) never applauded for the good job you do
9) always yelling and screaming cause you can't do good enough etc
10) always changing the rules
11) feels like your back in high school drama drama drama
12) they make young imature people coachs and they are running all over the floors acting stupid and loud screaming and yelling
13) agents are told not to do things but coachs can do all the things that are not aloud
Etc.....
Pros
Cons
Anything and everything
Horrible Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 30, 2015
I was terminated for one of my agents calls. Understanding that i was her manager, the process was just as much her fault as mine. My agent didn't follow HR Policies and blamed the call on me. After they had terminated me they had 72 hours to get my final check to me and they only gave me 35 hours, instead of the 75 hours I work for that check. When calling Focus to fix this mistake they didn't answer my calls and was putting me onto someone else. Overall this company lacks passion with their employees and does not take the necessary procedures to well develop all aspects of the company.
Pros
Discounted bus pass
Cons
focus services is a great place to work with alot of great people
inbound sales rep and customer care (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 3, 2015
focus services is a great first time job with many benefits but lacks the opportunity to advance your career the hours are not what one needs to advance their financial life but the job does allow you to move up ion the ranks of management but the problem with that is that they play favorites with the candidates when it comes to moving up in the ranks of the company
Pros
great break room and managment to help out with work and personal needs
Cons
not enough pay and horrible pay structure
Focus Services
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 15, 2015
It was a very unprofessional work place, they didn't train well enough, the staff were immature and there was no supervision. They hardly give you your bonus, there were a lot of favoritism.
What a joke
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Sterling ilAugust 8, 2016
The worst company ever. Pay rate sucks unless you can get shift differential and over time but it's hard to meet the requirements because if you have to transfer a call your efficiency drops, the computers are super slow and a 5 minute call turns into a 30 min call. And I swear the rig your time on the computers. Bonuses are hard to get because they rip you off on them. Management is always on some kind of power trips. Constantly hearing yelling and screaming by management on the calling floor, sound quality on phones suck, management has favoritism. Who gets or doesn't get balloons on their desk for bdays. They hog the popcorn for themselves!!! And management is on time clock and not even there , doing community service while on the time clock at Focus all the while upper management knows but sure HR doesn't know, upper management stays clocked in after their shift is over & goes home. The bonus structure sucks. You will hardly see your bonus unless the person in charge of payroll likes you. Then you'll probably get more. They chase you down if your in the bathroom, telling you that you need to hurry. or if your sick with something contagious they still want you to come in to work, just as long as they get their hours in. This place is a joke. They have such a high turnover rate. The quality of the people they hire is beyond me. They drug test agents but not upper management which I think they should cause they get high too.The list goes on and on. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. But unless your desperate, go for it. It's not Focus that's so bad it's the  more... management that is the worst. I think they should get rid of all of them & bring in some professional people to run the show.  less
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Read below
*Would not recommend Focus to my worst enemy*
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 12, 2016
I have had positive and negative experiences with Focus, but mostly negative.

Pay - The compensation is relatively low for the work field. You could find a similar job, with less stress, and make at least 50% more hourly. Minimum wage company wide starts at $8 / hour and ranges up to $10 / hour depending on hours worked, and floor you work on.

Work / Life Balance - I am barely able to get my yearly vacation (I would quit this job before I skipped this particular family vacation). The more you're liked / the more calls you take, the more hours you will work. This is abused, because once you show you're a hard worker, it's much harder to get time off, and you are given a guilt trip if you call in sick ... ever. The employees that are always here are exploited and used for their good attendance, the ones who have poor attendance don't ever get fired or punished (on my floor), because we are too short staffed to lose them. Every new-hire is told they will "occasionally" be required to work weekends to help with another project (on my floor), but we have worked every Saturday for the past 4 months, and are threatened if we call in that we may get fired (even if we work a 40+ hour workweek).

Management - Management essentially is on a power-trip (most of them). They are seated at higher desks, and given red lanyards to show they are management. If it's a high call-volume campaign, don't ever expect to your manager to jump on the phones and help out. They are given a much easier job, and paid more for it (I've been a manager at Focus). On my team, my manager passes
  more... their dirty work down to me to do, and takes credit for most of it, I am not compensated for my management duties, I am paid on an agent hourly wage. Also, my manager's excuse for not helping with calls (as we are extremely short staff), is that she "needs to do this", and then will either play on her phone, or go on a break.

Lunches / Breaks - Unless you are a manager, you get (2) 10-minute breaks, and (1) 30-minute lunch. If you are a manager, expect between 5-10 breaks per day (time will vary), and anywhere from a 30-minute to 3 hour lunch.

Environment - Overall, depending on the floor, morale can be "okay" to "very low". Overall management style, consistent threats to be fired if you do something wrong, and the lack of communication between management causes a lot of confusion. Policies randomly change without prior warning if your manager doesn't like something you do.

Dress Code - Very laid back, you can just about wear whatever you want. (Best part about this job)

Overall - The break room is nice, there are 2 TVs, an X-Box 360, Foosball Table, and a "convenience store". Management lacks back-bone, favoritism is terrible at this company, HR does not care about any situation, the owner doesn't care about anyone's feedback. They cannot afford to pay their agents a decent hourly wage or give them a proper bonus, but they can afford hundreds on decorations per month, and thousands on renovating a break room. This place is honestly a joke.

I hope this helps in your decision; I would only recommend this job if no one else will hire you (Focus will hire anyone), or if you temporarily need a job.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Laid back dress code
Cons
Poor management, below-average pay, no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

1.4