Focus

Focus Employee Reviews

fun and outgoing place to work
agent (Former Employee), Clinton, IAMay 22, 2015
i answered phones, assisted with customer accounts and answered any questions the customers may have had. management was easy going and my coworkers were helpful
A day Working at the Focus Group
Accounting Assistant/ Office Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, complete trust and freedom in the workplace.
Cons: none
at the focus group, I am the office manager and help with light accounting assitance. I answer all calls, do all secretarial work, keep the office in order any other odd jobs that need to be done at the office. Since I am going to school for an accounting degree (in which I am going to get my public certification as well,) this job has been an amazing experience. I am able to apply concepts from my studies and see them being used in every day life. After spending so much time at the Focus group, I have also gained an understanding of economics. The hardest part of the of the job is tax season. It is such an intense and complicated experience that I believe that it has toughened me up for both my professional and adult life.
they were okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 25, 2015
Pros: easy going job
Cons: the pay and advancement.
Focus was okay when I started working there they were going under new management, so everything was pretty hectic. the employees weren't so professional and the workplace wasn't so clean. and everyone was trying to advance in the job so no one was able to while I was there
Great Organization
Director of Men's Movement (Current Employee), Atchison, KSFebruary 14, 2015
If you have the opportunity, be a FOCUS Missionary. Make a sacrifice for souls like Jesus Christ did for you.

You won't make a ton because your salary is fundraised, but it isn't all that hard to do.
Okay place to work
Executive Assistant to COO (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: nice supervisors
Cons: company was not prosperous and could not adequately compensate employees
Typical day at work involved answering phones, data entry, helping job applicants to complete paperwork, scheduling meetings and conferences, travel planning, minority business certifications. I learned how to prioritize and multitask and work very efficiently. Management treated me with great respect and my coworkers were like family. The hardest part of the job was sorting out payroll problems amid heavy phone calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting so many nice people who visited the office.
Spontaneous and always busy.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roy, UTOctober 16, 2014
Pros: break times were for the most part up to myself, unless day was unusually hectic.
Cons: not as much advancement oppurtunities as i would have liked to be aware of.
A comfortable as well as spontaneous kind of job. The kind of laid-back job as in you would never know just what kind of call you would get. Kept me on my toes as the saying goes. Never the same but always was different. Thats what I actually enjoyed the most about my time there at Focus.
The hrs were great , the atmosphere was relaxed and easy to be in.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTOctober 2, 2014
Pros: the focus fund which helped out in times of need, the medical and buspasses
My shift at Focus was 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday -Friday. I enjoyed those hrs very much but they were usually the busiest especially when new promotions would be on for new services or new pkgs. I learned everything from communication skills, patience, and empathy and how to use them on every call. I also learned sales techniques and how to manage customers accounts to help them manage their services. The management was usually always awesome, and you always knew who you needed to go to for advice, my coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. Also the training we received which is never enough to prepare you for being on the phones, was very adequate and I knew what I was what I was offering a customer and also what the customers needs where because of this. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the extreme volume of calls that would come in on occasion. That made it hard to really try and up sale or offer products, and the wait time would make customers extremely frustrated. The best part of the job was the people I worked with and some I'm still friends with today also the unusual perks and benefits they offered us, such as the bus passes and also the fund raisers for different charities we participated in.
drama
agent (Former Employee), rock falls ilSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: everything
some people just dont know how to separate there personal lives and work lives. not able to talk to anyone on a personal level unless you want the whole place to know whether is management or other agents just a place for and easy paycheck pretty mcuh
Great place to learn
Executive Assistant and Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: company went out of business
Awesome experience. Every day was a new learning point and really helped to mold my professional identity.
Fun and motivated work environment!
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: breaks, call accuracy
Focus is a very motivating, power driven, goal oriented work place. The flexibility they are able to offer to you as an employee is great. Co-workers, Coaches, Trainers, Supervisors, all of the authority figures have a inviting, caring, invigorating way of handling and making you feel personally important as an individual employee as apposed to comparing your personal work only as a team. The individual praising you recieve from supervisors makes the day worth while!
great people to work with
Electronic Bill Repricer (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: good work hours, not far from home, overtime
Cons: short lunches
Very busy work day from beginning to end. Co-workers were a joy to work with and I still stay connected to some of them. The hardest part of my joy was understanding certain rules but once I got the swing of it, it was fine. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
n/a
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 13, 2014
No commit that will be posted on Indeed. I worked for the Education Achievement Authority through Focus:HOPE.
A typical work day at work.
Job Training (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 24, 2014
I would arrive and clock in by 8 am we would grab assignment and start with whatever was first on the list,then when we finished. we would check it off on our list and move on to the next task.I learned how to stay organized,how to file, and work with my co-workers.Management was awesome and very helpful and respectful.
My co-workers were cool and respectful.The hardest part was sitting for hours and I'm a very energetic person.The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers.
good opportunity
Sales Consultant / Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2014
This was a great opportunity to get involved in a company on the ground floor. In the end, it just wasn't what I was looking for
Focus
Youth Secretary/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 30, 2013
Help to build relationships between children and families. Ensure a safe and structured environment for families
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roy, UTAugust 21, 2013
I enjoyed working here a lot. There were great benefits. The company made it a fun environment to work in.
Not enjoyable, high turn-over
Agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJune 2, 2013
Pros: free dress, set hours
Cons: turnover rate, sales
Typical day was on the phones trying to sell. I learned a lot about operating systems, multi-tasking and how to calm someone down.
Management didn't seem to pay a lot of attention, I wasn't even aware of my bosses name, only the team leader.
Not a lot of contact with co-workers, also a very high turnover rate, so when you got to know someone, they were usually gone a week later.
Hardest part of the job was to keep offering a sale after the customer has already said no to several times. Also, when a customer gets mad because you're trying to make a sale. I was insulted several times, sworn at, and yelled at because something didn't work or I offered a product or promotion.
This place was terrible.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Roy, UTMay 9, 2013
Pros: none!
Cons: terrible management and training
I hated every minute of working there! There was very little in employee training and the expectations with minimal training made the job almost impossible to complete.
Serving families
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 4, 2013
Cons: company not very organized
I worked at Focus, Inc for over ten years and was a very reliable employee. I was a problem solver and a go getter. I wrote plans for DDS review and inspected alternative living homes. I supervised consumers and taught normailization skills and daily living skills. I hired staff and supervised them. I was always willing to go above and beyounf for the families and people we served. I am goal oriented and was the head of the safety commettee.
hiring people with no real place to put them
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2013
Pros: havnt had any yet
Cons: no job
worked for a min at focus then they said i was not eligiable to come back .due to production has slowed. went to there office and there still hiring with no opening