Focus

Focus Employer Reviews

great people to work with
Electronic Bill Repricer (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: good work hours, not far from home, overtime
Cons: short lunches
Very busy work day from beginning to end. Co-workers were a joy to work with and I still stay connected to some of them. The hardest part of my joy was understanding certain rules but once I got the swing of it, it was fine. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
n/a
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMay 13, 2014
No commit that will be posted on Indeed. I worked for the Education Achievement Authority through Focus:HOPE.
A typical work day at work.
Job Training (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 24, 2014
I would arrive and clock in by 8 am we would grab assignment and start with whatever was first on the list,then when we finished. we would check it off on our list and move on to the next task.I learned how to stay organized,how to file, and work with my co-workers.Management was awesome and very helpful and respectful.
My co-workers were cool and respectful.The – more... hardest part was sitting for hours and I'm a very energetic person.The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. – less
good opportunity
Sales Consultant / Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2014
This was a great opportunity to get involved in a company on the ground floor. In the end, it just wasn't what I was looking for
Focus
Youth Secretary/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 30, 2013
Help to build relationships between children and families. Ensure a safe and structured environment for families
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roy, UTAugust 21, 2013
I enjoyed working here a lot. There were great benefits. The company made it a fun environment to work in.
Not enjoyable, high turn-over
Agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJune 2, 2013
Pros: free dress, set hours
Cons: turnover rate, sales
Typical day was on the phones trying to sell. I learned a lot about operating systems, multi-tasking and how to calm someone down.
Management didn't seem to pay a lot of attention, I wasn't even aware of my bosses name, only the team leader.
Not a lot of contact with co-workers, also a very high turnover rate, so when you got to know someone, they were – more... usually gone a week later.
Hardest part of the job was to keep offering a sale after the customer has already said no to several times. Also, when a customer gets mad because you're trying to make a sale. I was insulted several times, sworn at, and yelled at because something didn't work or I offered a product or promotion. – less
This place was terrible.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Roy, UTMay 9, 2013
Pros: none!
Cons: terrible management and training
I hated every minute of working there! There was very little in employee training and the expectations with minimal training made the job almost impossible to complete.
Serving families
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARApril 4, 2013
Cons: company not very organized
I worked at Focus, Inc for over ten years and was a very reliable employee. I was a problem solver and a go getter. I wrote plans for DDS review and inspected alternative living homes. I supervised consumers and taught normailization skills and daily living skills. I hired staff and supervised them. I was always willing to go above and beyounf for the – more... families and people we served. I am goal oriented and was the head of the safety commettee. – less
hiring people with no real place to put them
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 18, 2013
Pros: havnt had any yet
Cons: no job
worked for a min at focus then they said i was not eligiable to come back .due to production has slowed. went to there office and there still hiring with no opening
call center/gov.
customer service rep (Former Employee), albany,gaMarch 14, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: short lunch
i love this agency. they gave me a chance within 10 days of moving back home! i became permanent with the department they placed me with. thank you!!

typical day- cme to work 8 hrs a day- 30 minute lunch though but it was ok. 12.00 per hr. we had over time. we process applictions for our customers. co-workers were great. long term contract.
nothing – more... was hard about the job!
my co-workers and the fact that we could listen to our music was the best part! – less
productive
Agent (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: tips
Cons: coworkers uncleaniness
felt as if there were discrimination but cant be for sure.but i enjoyed working there because the pay was great
Productive work place.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Maryville, MOFebruary 18, 2013
I would clock in and go to my line. Then we would do stretches as a group and then get ready to start our jobs. I got to learn how to put together different parts on different engines. Co-workers were friendly.
Growth
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough hours
Develops call center systems by developing customer interaction and voice response systems, and voice networks; designing user interfaces; developing and executing user acceptance test plans; planning and controlling implementations.
good group of people
Loader (Current Employee), Harrisonville, MOJanuary 4, 2013
Wish They needed me full time. Good people to work with and for.
My first job
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: received sales skills
Cons: hours
Overall, a good start for a first job. I would constantly learn about selling and convincing customers to buy a product. Customers were fun to work with.
Great Staffing Agency
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2012
Cons: great staffing agency
They will find you a position that sits your skill level and experience
Work on construction site and in the bush
Party Chief (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 8, 2014
-Drive to and from work
-Use both total station and GPS for everything needed on a construction site from layout to as-builts
-Good crew of people to work with, good management
electrician mate
electrician (Former Employee), londonJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: eight hours a day.
Cons: no over time.
working with team and partner. we are working in domestic place.
fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), peterboroughSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: long hours
on a day to day basis I would be multi skilled starting by opening up the store. getting the tills out. setting the colleagues set up with tasks. Then doing the day book and addressing any issues.