Focus Employee Reviews

Sucked
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILDecember 4, 2017
Lie bout getting your bonuses, unprofessional upper management, keeps upper management on time clock when they aren't there. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Work as many hours as you want
Cons
Poor upper management, pay checks are wrong most of the time, too much favoritism
Prefer not to
TDT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2017
Just looking for something better due to the nature of the business. Miscommunication or lack of communication lead to stressful situations that effect all areas of life. High turnover
Productive Job
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 12, 2017
I learned a lot at this job. I received most of my work experience from working here. It can be fun and competitive. It is a good employer if you have a busy schedule
not a great company when i worked there at least
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 8, 2017
back when i worked there it was not a great place to be employed. training wasnt good and they expected quotas that were hard to meet for inbound calls. i have heard its still not much better.
Great
Manufacturing Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 7, 2017
Great Team of Management. Hours are flexible and work environment is good with safety policies.

I would recommend Focus Workforce to anybody who needs work, but would warn that it is only a temporary -to-hire job, in which work hours is not consistent, based on production needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not steady, reliable income
Decent Work
Focus WorkForce (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSOctober 21, 2017
It was overall a pretty decent experience. It put my foot in the door for warehouse work so there is always some benefits to every situation. Whether it was bad or not I now know what I know thanks to Focus.
Pros
Paid lunches, great hourly pay, paid every friday
Cons
Unorganized, bad training programs
very competitive
call/sales agent (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 4, 2017
a very tricky place to work, you would have to know how to word things around to make customer interested in buying products while trying to solve there issue they called in for.
Long
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOSeptember 15, 2017
Short breaks, poor management unorganized and lack of training overcrowded transportation. Expected to train other new hires when you have only been then 2weeka
Cons
Short breaks
Okay temp service employment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 13, 2017
It was a okay temporary service. If the work is steady.
They also give you a few options only if they have work available. The best benefit is weekly pay.
Focus review summary
Youth Development (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 10, 2017
Focus is an encouraging, fun work place with lots of great people. We love inspiring and teaching the youth to become successful in the near future. We work hard on ourselves everyday to help our youth become better young man and Women.
Pros
free gym
Cons
schedule appointment, many of clients
Work
Therapeutic Day Treatment Counselor- (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2017
I love the job, Just did not have enough hours to provide throughout the week. The teachers and students are great and easy to work with. The community is very understand and close.
Fun, relaxed, and rewarding
Quality, Growth, and Innovation (QGI) Intern (Current Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 4, 2017
FOCUS has given me an incredible interning experience. They have been incredibly flexible with my schedule, and they have always given me a large amount of ownership on all of my projects. I have had the opportunity to work on analyses that were presented to various members of the executive leadership team, which I believe is not very common place in other organizations. My boss has always given me the freedom to take my various studies in the directions I see fit and gives guidance when I am stuck.
good job
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Topeka KansasJuly 13, 2017
I like my hours and the work is ok I feel like this is a good job for me at this time it's not to hard and not to boaring I enjoy working with the others
Pros
half day
Cons
hot
Good
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 20, 2017
Good place to work. Nice aides, and LPNs, great residents and family members who care about their loved ones. Great social services department who all care about the care.
what a terrible work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 9, 2017
You try to sell to customers who are trying to cancel they're services, its disgusting and immoral and if you don't try to upsell up to 300 dollars onto customers who are trying to cancel they're services they'll MAKE YOU CALL THE CUSTOMER. It's disgusting and gross. And they tell you during the training course "We don't do sales here, only retention", its just a terrible workplace
productive work force, excellent lunch and break rooms
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 23, 2017
Good pay for the time being, I've been with focus workforce for about 2 years now. If you are into industrial work, its the job for you. many locations to choose from is a plus, tho they can be pretty far out at times if your family keeps you motivated then a 30 min drive will not bother you. The only down fall to focus is that I just recently quit a job due to descrimation I feel. I think they might be a little judgmental on hardworking pregnant women.
Great Work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 15, 2017
Positive work place. Most employees were easy to get along with. They take pride in their ability to care for their clients and putting their needs and families needs first.
Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 18, 2017
Bad experience in multiple ways. Management was not good advocates. There was office pda from supervisors. A violent outbursts in training which brought police in to the workplace. Racial issues, orientation issues, retaliation...etc
Rewarding experience
Life Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKMarch 28, 2017
Working at Focus was a very rewarding experience. Knowing that I was helping someone, even if it was just being with them, made everything so worth while. Management tried the best they could do to work with your schedule and cater to your needs. I learned a lot being in this field and a lot about myself. The hardest part about working at Focus was trying to get back in the groove of things and not be fearful after I was assaulted. Unfortunately, that is why I left. But during that time, the team at Focus was very supportive.
fast paced
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSFebruary 21, 2017
This is a warehouse, it is very fast paced, you have to be willing to walk a lot, fun to work at. Management is okay, they have a lot of favorites. The hardest part of the job was walking up and down stairs to get the product.
Pros
work out, insurance when hired on full time
Cons
Temp service, not always work.