Fogo de Chao Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Management
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 3, 2016
Management is not good unless you belong to the " favorites". The most favorite part of the job were the co-workers. The company does not deliver what they promise.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun work place
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 11, 2016
its a good job an excellent restaurant

in the morning we prepared everything for when the restaurant opened we were preparing the salad bar and we cleaned the kitchen preparing all covered
The restaurant in P.R San Juan
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 9, 2016
It started great, but the manager don't make the right decision, taking hours from good employees to give to less productive but favorite ones just because of getting along. Expect too much when giving too little. A waste of time unless management changes! So sad because at first they had potential until looks and Comodity was more important than a friendly respectful service, ANYTHING FOR THE GUEST, they don't apply there. Sadly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They take hours unfairly, bad management, no apreciation for good workers
Great co-workers, horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Co-workers were a big self-esteem boost, everyone worked as a team. Managers were unsatisfactory and choose favorites.
Pros
free food
Cons
management
Great company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 1, 2016
Fogo has been a wonderful company to work for. Hard and intelligent work is recognized and rewarded. The hours are long and it is difficult to get more than 1 day off per week once you are in management.
Pros
Compensation, opportunity
Cons
Work Life Balance
Fast paced, high volume steakhouse
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Great restaurant and company. Good place to learn to industry of fine dining. Many opportunities for advancement. Good opportunity to learn about wine and spirits.
good money
Floor Supervisor/ Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2015
Responsible for in-store training, coaching, and providing exceptional customer service at one of Atlanta’s finest dining establishments. Fogo de Chao has always been a leader and innovator in it’s field with their highly rated status from popular institutions such as Zagat’s, Yelp, Wine Spectator and Trip Advisor. The teamwork environment and success of the company has been instrumental to developing a solid work ethic.
Not enough hours
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 30, 2015
I was a hostess and they would have us leave for 3 hours and come back to work all evening if you work here you will have no life.
Pros
Let you eat free
Cons
full time is considered 25 hours, very strict about dress code
Fun and fast paced environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 2, 2015
I have learned a lot about customer service and communicating effectively with customers. Communication is essential when you are a server. You need to make sure you are meeting everyone's needs. You need to keep in mind that some people may have allergies or cannot consume certain things other people can, because of religious beliefs. You need to be able to think and act quickly to satisfy your customers and assure them they are in great hands!
Pros
Working for a well-known company with amazing food.
Cons
No longer fit my long term goals
Not enough exposire to let you grow
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
The management in the restaurant was not on the same page as the corporate office. However, the team in Dallas was great and very supportive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
GM did not see eye to eye with sales program
Micro managed sales position
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
The company as a whole has great values, but be prepared to spend the majority of your time inside the restaurant (as a sales manager), completing weekly reports, sales calls that attempt to "train" you when you're already a professional sales manager and constant "shop calls" to evaluate your performance. Your phone will constantly ring, diners wanting to make the smallest reservations and you're expected to answer at all times. The bonus structure for sales managers is ridiculous and based on what your restaurant did the previous year.
Pros
the culture- Brazilian steakhouse
Cons
healthcare, benefits are not at all good, management is too personal, no job security, long hours.
Horrible Place Keep away
Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2015
Rude and snotty managers. After teaching us the company chant (GO FoGo), they actually demoted me for using the chant while I was working"washing Dishes". I have never worked at such a clicky place in my life. I dont know how the other restaurants in other states opperrate, but the one in Boston have nothing but MASS-Holes.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Fast paced, high volume, amazing team experience
Server (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisMarch 30, 2015
Fogo was the most popular restaurant in Indianapolis so everyday we had to be prepared to do a high volume of guests. I believe i gained extraordinary customer service skills and have gained an extensive wine and alcohol knowledge. Our management was very team friendly and pushed us all to meet our goals for the company. My co workers all preached a healthy team environment. The hardest part of the job was working in the month of december and january due to the extreme high volume of holiday and work parties. Mainly because it was so physically demanding on my body. The most enjoyable part was hitting our sales goals and seeing it on our paychecks!
Pros
health care
Cons
working virtually every weekend
Fast paced, not a lot of free time
Server / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2015
Great company with room to grow, but hours are demanding and inconvenient for wanting to have a life outside of work and school.
Pros
free meals
Cons
bad hours
awesome company great pay and benefits
SERVER, GAUCHO, BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2015
worked for this company for 6 years and have to say that this is an amazing company to work for.
the churrascaria concept is so much fun.
Pros
benefits and....... free steak every day
Cons
hard to find any cons
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 11, 2015
Great company to work for you will def make some great money here. You will be very very busy. About 600+ reservations on a regular Saturday night.
Fun job, good food but horrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 30, 2014
Working there was fun, the staff is really friendly but the managers are not. They do not appreciate your hard work and play favoritism, denied you a raise and positions.
Pleasant experience
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2014
Co workers were amazing, managers were pretty cool. The food is too delicious so eating that every night was a plus. Learned how to count large sums of money quickly, how to pay attention to details.
Pros
free meal, healthcare
Cons
inconsistent hours, one manager was a little annoying
Fantastic Company
Accounts Payable Clerk-Temp (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2014
This place is organized and follows the rules. It was a great working here even though it was only for a short period of time. I have yet to find a company like it!
Pros
benefits, lunch at fogo once a month. super friendly people, everyone is on the same page!
Cons
only 1 jean friday a month but not a deal breaker. no 401k yet =(
The best place I've worked
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2014
I love the food, the people, the fine dining atmosphere, and the pay is awesome. I want to go back.
Pros
free food, great pay
Cons
bus line stops running at night