Foley Equipment Company Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you like people breathing down your back
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2018
The best thing about working there was the guys in the shop they all were good guys. Now management on the other hand is a joke like no other.got a manager that know nothing about on highway trucks than got his manager that all he cares about are the numbers neither one of them would even know where to begin on working on something. They don't give a dang about your personal life. Supposed to be an open door policy but soon as you told a manager something everyone would know.
Benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Overworked not a good home life balance
Service Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 8, 2018
The job itself was a good job and you work with some great co-workers. Management is very demanding and micromanaging. The do as I say not as I do comes into play here. They expect you to uphold the MVP while they themselves do not have to. If you can give 110% of your life to the company and expect nothing in return then this company is for you if not keep looking.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
amount of work & hours
Excellent place to work
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 13, 2017
Good culture, good benefits, cutting edge equipment. Friendly people and they provide learning and growth opportunities. You can go as far as you are willing to put in the effort.
Foley Equipment
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 7, 2017
I grew up in the heavy equipment business and farm aspect. I enjoyed my time working with Foley but felt I just didn't have enough knowledge in the construction equipment to continue as the manager of the repair shop.
Pros
Great employess and professional place to work
Customer and employee focused operation, fun people to be around
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
Foley was great to work with, always striving to do right by the customer and also let employees have a quality place to work. The overall environment was great. My only complaint about the organization is it was challenging to get out of my role and try to broaden my horizons. I think it boiled down to timing and the right next step not ever lining up, but I wish I had stuck it out to find out what may have happened.
Good place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2016
Plenty of work, great co-workers. You know when your coming to work but never know when your going home(this mainly applied to drivers and field techs). I never had a problem with getting time off when necessary with proper notice. I did see a lot of Managers come and go but I'm sure that was due to the companies fast growth. Some managers are out only for personal gain and don't have the employees best interest at hand. All in all I had a good and prosperous time while employed here.
Pros
Good benefits, plenty of work and great co-workers.
Great Company with Advancement Opportuntiy
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2016
Foley is a great company to work for! They have great benefits and they take care of their employees from both a financial and wellness standpoint. They are great about working with their employees when family situations arise and need time off or are having difficulties learning new tasks. There are systems in place to help train employees for continued growth and success within the organization. Managers have an open-door policy and are willing to talk through issues that come up with employees.
Pros
Great healthcare and benefits, tool program, PPE provided, uniforms provided, work boo reimbursement, promote from within
Cons
your success is based on your performance. No one is going to hand you a promotion
Brent Jeansonne
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 25, 2016
The responsibility and actions toward my position included: Develop strategies and actions for territory expansion, product introduction, service and support
• Expert in building and retaining strong business relationships with key accounts
• Extended support to customers through customer consultation by means of personal and internet technology
• Expanded customer base by securing 40 new major accounts and 136 new prospects generating $15 million dollars in gross sales within 18 months
• Attained excellent ratings on customer surveys
• Developed and maintained team cooperation through open communication with superiors and colleagues.

Mentorship at the management level needed improvement
Co-workers were outstanding in support
The job was not difficult at all
The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships and assisting in the customers needs
Pros
Self-governing
Cons
Mentorship
This company says they want to be a "first chioce employer"
EPG Tech (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KsDecember 17, 2012
Mangement is very unflexable and has no tact or care for employees family life and only wants you to work. They have a terrible pay scale with no chance to get a decent raise they have given raises to employees in one lump sum and then put it in the paycheck so as to raise taxes so much that the employee only got a few hundred dollars more. This company says they have found out that cross training makes them stronger but they will send a generator tech out with no clue on how to fix a dozer, grader, or backhoe and expect you to repair it and not let the customer know you have not ever been trained on heavy equipment and they will send out a heavy equipment tech to try to fix a generator without any training so that when both techs break equipment they have to fix each others screw up. They sell services to the customer that are not geting done because they send out a lube tech to do jobs he has no idea what is involved or even how to do the job, all because some salesman in Wichita, Ks is getting the commision. This company doesn't let you get to be a master level tech because they say with the cross training you cannot be a master. The mangement thinks they own you can do whatever they want with you and will not alow you to move within the comapny. HR will tell you that for every open position you apply for (even if you make your management aware of it) you have to get permision to apply or they will not accept the application. Mangement does not stand by their employees constantly misleads them and will not answer the phone when you need them. Fellow employees are great to  more... work with and will help out with any problems due to lack of training.  less
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
health care sucks, only $0.33 a billable hour for tool reimbursement
Very hard company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 31, 2012
Extremely inflexible management. The only reward for hard work and great performance is more hard work. Company policies are so strictly adhered to that customer satisfaction and loyalty is sacrificed. An almost constant 30 to 40% employee turn over.
Embrace the team work concept
o Yard Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 2, 2012
People are nice to work with and help each other out. They embrace the team work attitudes. Everyone is willing to lend a hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foley Equipment Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8