Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Company Focused to much on Profits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 9, 2016
The company focused to much on profits and not enough on customers and Employees. The company just hired to many temps and not enough permanent employees. Made managers work more then 40 hours a week.
Busy
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weyers Cave, VADecember 8, 2016
Gotta stay busy....had a lot of fun working alongside the crew and enjoyed the manager quite a bit as well....she got out and worked alongside...she was not on the sidelines....much respect!!
Nice environment, great coworkers, awesome manager
Temporary Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, VADecember 7, 2016
Typically I would get to work around 9 and open up the store, we would help customers get/return any books and help them with anything else they needed. I learned a lot about what goes into getting the books for colleges and how a register works. My manager is really awesome and easy going but strict when it comes to working, she keeps us busy but it stays fun. My coworkers started out as coworkers but now they are truly my best friends. The only hard part of the job is when students or professors have issues that we cannot help them with. All in all the best part of this job is definitely the environment.
Don't Do it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  storeDecember 7, 2016
This company has a very low employee morale. Many managers are leaving or looking for other jobs. The company is more focused on growing and less on employee treatment.
Mnanagement
Temporary Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 6, 2016
The store I worked at was good as far as workers but they didn't have the materials needed like books and their refund policy was ridiculous. I think they need major improvements.
Pros
GOOD co workers
Cons
No materials needed
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work, Clean place, Seasonal work, If you are looking for a Seasonal job that's the place to work . You learn a lot about orders and processing, computer skills.
Pros
Great people tobwork for
Cons
Seasonal, not enough work
Fun and easygoing workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 4, 2016
The Follett bookstore was a really enjoyable workplace. The people were great from co-workers and management to customers. You never did just one thing, and could easily be moved around from cashier to desk management to stocking and I enjoyed the variety. Still, it was easy to run out of things to do and be stuck vacuuming for two hours, which was probably one of the only downsides to the job. Also, being a MCC student for a period of time and being able to enjoy the discounts on books and spirit wear was awesome. Plus, our boss always made sure to buy either breakfast, lunch or dinner for us at least once a week, sometimes more, and during midterms/finals week she buys pizza for us and the students around campus - she's incredibly nice and always willing to listen if you have a problem.
Pros
management, free food, discounts
Cons
sometimes boring
Do not waste your time
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILNovember 28, 2016
Worst place to work! Coworkers/mangers are NASTY, MEAN people. Made to work LOTS of overtime. Freeze your PTO, so you can not take time off. have not given any raises in 3 year told all employees, will be no raises threw 2018
Fheg
Course Materials Manager II (Current Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 14, 2016
Typical day consists of supervision of team members making sure that our customers are well serviced and happy. Our immediate managment team are one of the best. I have learned to be a more effective manager and how to run a multifaceted department. Hardest part of the job is the long hours and constant ordering and returning of books. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and seeing all the different students on campus.
A good company that cares about its people
Team Member I (Current Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 14, 2016
I love my job. Working at the bookstore allows for many opportunities to meet like minded individuals... to learn about different people who come from different walks of life and are focused on their education
Fast pace environment an you get to meet alot of different cultures
Course Materials Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2016
A typical day at work usually consist of logging into the course tracks so that you may assist a student in locating a book or other merchandise,then its shelving books for most of the day.
Excellent enviroment
Bookstore/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 12, 2016
Fast paced enviroment. Management was professional and great to get along with and my co-workers were easy to get along with as well.
Fun Workplace
Regional Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2016
Fun atmosphere. Better hours than typical retail. Exciting to assist college students and universities achieve their common goals. Fast paced with room for advancement.
Fun work environment with great management.
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
Environment was great, so was management. Good balance between fun and professional. Would not have left this job if I would not have been offered better pay with possibility of growth elsewhere.
Pros
Fun environment, great management.
Cons
Pay.
Good for basic retail work.
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2016
I had good relationships with my coworkers at this company and was always satisfied with how I was treated as an employee here. An entry-level place that treats its people better than this place would be an exceptional find.
Great Co-workers
Part-time employee (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 1, 2016
There is a team atmosphere and we all work together on tasks that need done. When one of us needs help we all offer. The environment is quite friendly. It is a good place to work and you catch onto the policies quickly.
My location contributes to job satisfaction
Store Manager - Loyola Univ New Orleans Bkstr (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2016
Working with faculty and students on a daily basis is very rewarding. Helping students save money on course materials is perhaps the most satisfying. It is also rewarding to provide an atmosphere wherein customers and team members feel free to drop in to say hello, converse or just hang out.
Pros
The university in which I work is also customer (student) focused.
Cons
The leadership at the company for which I work changes too frequently
Productive workplace with continuing challenges.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 26, 2016
This company teaches you about different aspects of retail that you do not learn from other companies. The Store Manager is responsible for all Accounts Receivable billing, Accounts Payable, Asset Protection, ordering product as well as the return of product to vendors. We do all of this as well as any HR, payroll, and employee relations issues that arise.
Great for a while
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
Follett is a great place to work if you are a college student or fresh out of college. The problem starts to come when you start to move into managerial positions. There isnt much work-life balance in stores where there is only one full-time employee.
It was an interesting place to work.
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILOctober 24, 2016
I learned a lot about being a product specialist at Follett. I didn't really enjoy the one-sided treatment from management as they had their favorites in the department.
Pros
Free lunches (sometimes), downtime
Cons
being singled out by supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.