Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun experience, but I had to go
Sales Associate I (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: cool people to work with
Cons: short break
I really enjoyed working here. I left because my raise wasn't enough to cover my expenses and I was finishing up my degree. I probably would have stayed longer if I was given a higher raise.
Walmart treats their employees better
IT Management (Former Employee), Westchester, ILAugust 21, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Sinking ship full of unhappy crew, ugly.
over 600 store managers fired in one fell swoop (early 2014), followed by moving most remaining employees at stores to part-time positions. Cleared home office of all knowledge - thru intimidation and force outs - not an admirable approach. Many people forced out after decade+ service and given no severence, no notice....No concern for individual development, career growth - just a lot of fear and negativism. The "pro" posts you see here are either Follett family (family owned business), or paid firm like Edelman - trying to boost Follett's status. Really - Crain's Chicago should cover what's happened to this company over the past few years. Do not risk your career here.
Very slow especially when financial aid was not available
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Goshen, InAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Comfortable enviroment
Cons: Not fast enough
It was o.k. I wish the work was more fast paced. I was only fast past when financial aid was available, Working with the students was pleasant and the faculty staff was really great, that was really a high point of my day.
Follett DCCC
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Media, PAAugust 13, 2015
I worked for DCCC Bookstore, the book store will run by Follett. The most I enjoy about working for Follett is being able to help the student started their education journey.
Professional and productive
Lead QA Analyst (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Dynamic work environment
Cons: Salary is not competitive
 Test Planning: Preparing test cycles project plan, test resources and logistics for different test cycles like Functionality/System/Integration/Regression/ E2E /User Acceptance. Proven ability to manage both Agile and V-model test strategies.
 Test Preparation: Creating test strategy, detailed test plan, preparing test management tool for test management, identifying test assets like scenarios, scripts, data sheets etc. Identification of key risks related to testing and create plans to mitigate the risks.
 Test Management: Leading overall test execution and management, governance (entry and exit criteria), monitoring test progress and quality, defect management and resolution of issues to facilitate smooth completion of test cycles, compliance of requirements traceability matrix etc.
 Test Reporting and Analysis: Prepared and lead status update meetings for senior leadership and other project team members. Published quality metrics of of application and testing process.
Sales Associates 1 (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: Need more full time position
Open store and assist customers and make sure everything is at good standard. Management is overall fair and the atmosphere is friendly and customer is always first.
Productive and competitive work environment
Ship Prep (Former Employee), Easton, PAJune 24, 2015
Did not enjoy working in warehouse that has no airflow.
Learned testing and building of machines.
Co-workers extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Management friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of job was finding right parts due to parts pickers bringing the wrong ones.
College bookstore
Sales Floor / Cashier (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: They were great about working around my school schedule.
Cons: Minimum wage
The job mostly consisted of helping students find their textbooks, and then processing their transactions. The store also sold snacks and school supplies, as well as school-themed apparel.
Comfortable family-like environment
Cashier/Book Auditor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 23, 2015
This has been my favorite job thus far. Great company! My only dislike about this job is the amount of hours(17 to 25 hours a week) given to their employees.
Great experience for the field of study I chose.
Store Manager/Operations Manager Intern (Former Employee), Township of Galloway, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being able to gain the knowledge and experience of an operation/store manager
Cons: Short work period.
Interning for Follett Corporation allowed me to see what it would be like to be a Store Manager as well as an Operations manager. It gave me great knowledge and experience within my field of study. I was left in charge of everything going on in the store from making the schedule to interviewing possible candidates for a job opening. I was exposed to everyday customer and employee issues and how to approach the complications and resolve them. Companies sales goals and how t o reach them, inventory process, online and shipping services, marketing and advertising strategies,how social media played a huge part in the company, etc. Interning for Follett Corporation definitely taught me a lot about the management role in a company.
Amazing place to learn new things
Key holder (Current Employee), Newark, New JerseyMay 26, 2015
I have learned how to make daily deposits and to handle the textbooks at the store. Overall, this job has helped me grow. The managers are great to work with. They are always understanding and are willing to work with you.
Good job for college students
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: good hours, great enviroment
Cons: no vacation or sick time, not being able to move up in the job
I feel I got more experience on their kinds of registers. My co-workers are great to work with on a daily basis. My boss is a great. I have learned a lot from her. I'd say the hardest part is sometimes explaining, in depth, about our new books and online options. The most enjoyable things is helping students get their books and make them feel more at ease with their college experience.
Follett was a great experience
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly, great enviorment
Cons: Hours, lack of staff
I have spent a year and a half with this company and enjoy working for them. I've been looking for a job with more hours and a great staff like the one at Follett.
Improved my customer service skills
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: tasks were fairly easy to complete
Cons: customers were often rude or upset
This job was both a hinder as well as an advancement. I knew coming in it was a seasonal position but I did not know how difficult it would be to earn the job. The position was one person they could add to the store and unfortunately I did not get it. The management was excellent and those who worked around me were friendly as well.
fun place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2015
lots of multi tasking could be doing acct and jump to help with
sales or displaying products,checking in products.
Hardest part being on your feet good portion of the day.
Easy going atomsphere.
Overall Review
Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Lots of change, little communication, little to no telecommute options. very minimal employee motivators. Compensation is average for the area.
Engaging Open Air Environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Strong established company.

Collaborative and teamwork environment.

On-site resources for the workplace are a plus.
Fun and cool place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Glendale, CADecember 16, 2014
Assisted customers finding books needed. Restocked shelves, when inventory getting low. I helped out on the register. Help with online orders (customers place online and in-store orders) giving them there order as it comes in. Verifying person ordered and signature for receipt of order. Co-worker are respectful and courteous, and a really good environment to be around I'd recommend. Management is good, phenomenal, and fantastic.
Great Company
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Easton, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: events, culture, hours, management
Cons: parking
Follett Corporation has a great company culture, values and work ethic. Always room for advancement and the company is thriving.
Nice
Graphic Designer/Creative Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Westchester, ILNovember 16, 2014
Nice facility, people, and work space. It's very exciting coming in to work and being able to socialize with my co-workers while getting work done.