Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

very productive work place
Stcc bookstore (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2017
working at the bookstore was a very nice job, manager was very nice and if you asked for help you then received it. the employees there were also very understanding of when something came up and you needed them to cover for you. follet company makes sure you are being taken are of and when you're working there you guys will star to become a family
Growing company
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2017
Was recently purchased by a larger firm and is trying to adjust to that merger as well as keep up with growing sales.

Union factory - Manufactures Ice machines and Refrigerators
Pros
Relaxed work place - Good high level Managers
Cons
Little room to advance in manufacturing
Highly satisfied
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2017
Highly satisfied with my time at my current job. Work culture, middle and upper management, quality of work life balance are all highly satisfying. Highly confident in the future of my position and company.
Great Place for Students
Team Lead General Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJuly 13, 2017
I worked at Follett while taking classes. It was a great part time to make extra cash without the head aches and responsibilities of other customer service positions. It was a great place for me until I took on more hours and responsibilities at the same pay rate. I moved on because I needed to make better living wage for the amount of time I was spending at work.
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 9, 2017
In my role as a contractor in the IT Product Support department I dealt with an extremely welcoming and professional group of colleagues. The goal for the team was to provide high level customer service to field customers. In my opinion they succeeded in achieving this goal while supporting each other, and ensuring a comfortable work environment.
Good comapnay to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my Carrer at Follett, It has been rewarding and has offered me many opportunities to grow. It has given me many opportunities to interact with all levels of manangement
Was a decent place
RECEIVING SUPERVISOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 7, 2017
This was a temp job. Your were told that there could be a option for becoming a permanent employee. This is the one thing that was never followed thru on. Overall it was a good place to work and my direct manager was a great person to work for.
Pros
discount
Cons
Lowpay
Used To Be A Great Place To Work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 5, 2017
Owner's don't care about employee's anymore. Haven't received any merit increases in a couple years. Broken promises. Co-workers and direct management are awesome but upper level management no longer cares about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Executive Management Team No Longer Cares
Great management and fun environment
Team Member 1 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32514June 30, 2017
Store 645 was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever worked at. The team felt like a family and the management cared for our futures. Buyback was fast-paced and challenging, if a little stressful. Shipping and receiving was fun, even though the hours were a little restricted. The busiest time was when six or seven pallets of textbooks would come in at a time and the S&R schedule became 40 hour paychecks, but those were also the most enjoyable times. The work was simple but fun, and the people made it better.
Pros
Caring management, flexible schedules, simple tasks
Cons
Constantly changing team, limited work hours
Good Place for a Temporary College Job
Text Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2017
Good, flexible job for students. I learned a lot of useful basic job skills. Semi-relaxed work environment as long as you're getting your work done. Unfortunately not a lot of opportunities for raises/advancement, even if you are tasked with more responsibilities. Only difficult if you can't stand repetition (i.e. sales cycles). Overall not bad if you're only sticking around for a while.
Pros
Minimal stress, office snacks, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hard to advance, inconsistent hours, benefits are minimal
Respectable Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 27, 2017
Follett is a great store to work for because it gives you the experience of working in a fast paced environment. Hours are given frequently during the beginning and end of each semester.
Fast pace.
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 27, 2017
Didn't instruct temporary hires very well. Did not pay any attention to what workers were doing and often forgot about us. Pay is fine for a college student looking for some spending money.
Relaxed Work Environment, bad boss
Mac technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 23, 2017
Work was laid back and we accomplished tasks at our own pace. The manager knew nothing about computers yet ran a computer store. Frequently ran negative profit margins by giving away expensive parts to anyone who complained.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Bad manager
Just like any retail job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
This job is just your basic retail job only its on a college campus and you are dealing with books for inventory. I didn't really like the manager at the CSN Cheyenne Campus she was a little standoffish. The Henderson Campus manager was great though.
Good stepping stone. Good work environment. Compensation is horrible, horrible, horrible.
Campus Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2017
Really depends on who your RM is. Compensation is very bad. One thing I can say is that the managers do have the authority to make changes and decisions, for this reason each location is different.
Follett is a good company to work for. I would recommend working at Follett.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 13, 2017
Sell text books/merchandise to students, receive invoices, process online orders, contact Ivy Tech faculty to see what text books are needed.

I learned there was always something new to learn such as new systems.

I was the store manager so I would report to my Regional Manager.

Community College

The hardest part of job is when we had a huge line of students purchasing their books and our bookstore was quite small.

I loved helping the students find their textbooks and I would suggest to the students to purchase Ivy Tech apparel.
Pros
Worked Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Cons
Worked primarily by myself
As a student depending on this job for consistent hours was impossible. That being said follett is amazing at working around test schedules.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
Working on a college campus is in high demand, follett knows this and it would seem that they take advantage of the need that some students like myself had for work. Some weeks one can expect 20 hours while the next week you get 5. It became increasingly difficult to pay my bills but the convenience of working on campus made me continue here until my graduation. I was never afford a raise or even a compliment for my work nor was anyone I worked with other than management.
Pros
Works around availability
Cons
No regularity.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2017
I had fun working for Follett.
The only complaint I would have is the pay and hours.
During the slow time of the year ( which to me seemed like 65% of the year) I was lucky to get 30 hours a week and my hourly pay was VERY POOR.
I'm lucky that at the time I was young and I made it work.
Whenever I would get a raise it was a very small amount, and I felt like I deserved more pay for my work.

I have nothing but good memories from working at Follett and made some good friends.
During the busy times of the year I was able to work all the overtime I wanted, so that was nice. But 12 hour days will wear you out quickly!
Pros
Fun work Environment
Cons
Pay was very low and the raises were very small.
It was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJune 8, 2017
This job was great until I didn't get my paycheck one time which led me to not returning. I don't play about my money because I earned it, I had to change my bank account information due to fraud and it took them 4 weeks to change it in the system. Even then, my paycheck was still 4 days late in the mail. I dont like my money being messed with so that became a problem for me. However, the store manager was nice and helpful.
Pros
free lunches some times, fun co workers
Cons
Terrible pay, not worth it
Amazing upper management!
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 8, 2017
I am the sole employee at my location and my store runs very smoothly. I appreciate the availability of the management at the larger campus store. If I ever have a problem I can call and they will help me work through it.

The hardest part of my job is the down time. Working at a campus bookstore that has around 600 students during a busy semester makes for lots of cleaning and organizing time.
Pros
Coworkers, management
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval