Follett Corporation

Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Sales Associates 1 (Current Employee), Shelby, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: Need more full time position
Open store and assist customers and make sure everything is at good standard. Management is overall fair and the atmosphere is friendly and customer is always first.
Productive and competitive work environment
Ship Prep (Former Employee), Easton, PAJune 24, 2015
Did not enjoy working in warehouse that has no airflow.
Learned testing and building of machines.
Co-workers extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
Management friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of job was finding right parts due to parts pickers bringing the wrong ones.
College bookstore
Sales Floor / Cashier (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: They were great about working around my school schedule.
Cons: Minimum wage
The job mostly consisted of helping students find their textbooks, and then processing their transactions. The store also sold snacks and school supplies, as well as school-themed apparel.
Comfortable family-like environment
Cashier/Book Auditor (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 23, 2015
This has been my favorite job thus far. Great company! My only dislike about this job is the amount of hours(17 to 25 hours a week) given to their employees.
Great experience for the field of study I chose.
Store Manager/Operations Manager Intern (Former Employee), Township of Galloway, NJJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being able to gain the knowledge and experience of an operation/store manager
Cons: Short work period.
Interning for Follett Corporation allowed me to see what it would be like to be a Store Manager as well as an Operations manager. It gave me great knowledge and experience within my field of study. I was – more... left in charge of everything going on in the store from making the schedule to interviewing possible candidates for a job opening. I was exposed to everyday customer and employee issues and how to approach the complications and resolve them. Companies sales goals and how t o reach them, inventory process, online and shipping services, marketing and advertising strategies,how social media played a huge part in the company, etc. Interning for Follett Corporation definitely taught me a lot about the management role in a company. – less
Amazing place to learn new things
Key holder (Current Employee), Newark, New JerseyMay 26, 2015
I have learned how to make daily deposits and to handle the textbooks at the store. Overall, this job has helped me grow. The managers are great to work with. They are always understanding and are willing to work with you.
Good job for college students
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: good hours, great enviroment
Cons: no vacation or sick time, not being able to move up in the job
I feel I got more experience on their kinds of registers. My co-workers are great to work with on a daily basis. My boss is a great. I have learned a lot from her. I'd say the hardest part is sometimes explaining, in depth, about our new books and online options. The most enjoyable things is helping students get their books and make them feel more at ease with their college experience.
Follett was a great experience
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly, great enviorment
Cons: Hours, lack of staff
I have spent a year and a half with this company and enjoy working for them. I've been looking for a job with more hours and a great staff like the one at Follett.
Improved my customer service skills
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: tasks were fairly easy to complete
Cons: customers were often rude or upset
This job was both a hinder as well as an advancement. I knew coming in it was a seasonal position but I did not know how difficult it would be to earn the job. The position was one person they could add to the store and unfortunately I did not get it. The management was excellent and those who worked around me were friendly as well.
fun place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 11, 2015
lots of multi tasking could be doing acct and jump to help with
sales or displaying products,checking in products.
Hardest part being on your feet good portion of the day.
Easy going atomsphere.
Overall Review
Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Lots of change, little communication, little to no telecommute options. very minimal employee motivators. Compensation is average for the area.
Engaging Open Air Environment
Recruiter (Current Employee), Westchester, ILJanuary 18, 2015
Strong established company.

Collaborative and teamwork environment.

On-site resources for the workplace are a plus.
Fun and cool place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Glendale, CADecember 16, 2014
Assisted customers finding books needed. Restocked shelves, when inventory getting low. I helped out on the register. Help with online orders (customers place online and in-store orders) giving them there – more... order as it comes in. Verifying person ordered and signature for receipt of order. Co-worker are respectful and courteous, and a really good environment to be around I'd recommend. Management is good, phenomenal, and fantastic. – less
Great Company
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Easton, PANovember 21, 2014
Pros: events, culture, hours, management
Cons: parking
Follett Corporation has a great company culture, values and work ethic. Always room for advancement and the company is thriving.
Nice
Graphic Designer/Creative Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Westchester, ILNovember 16, 2014
Nice facility, people, and work space. It's very exciting coming in to work and being able to socialize with my co-workers while getting work done.
A great place to work
Vice President, Operations (Former Employee), McHenry, ILNovember 13, 2014
A great place to work and have a career. A lot of memories were created at Follett.
Project expectations and timelines are well defined.
MANAGER (Former Employee), Westchester, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Project expectations and timelines are well defined. The environment and industry is competitive. Commitment is a must to succeed here.
if you are dying ,and need employment i suggest you apply.
sales associate (Former Employee), media,paAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working at school, students & parents, discouts on books
Cons: managers, associates, everything else that was not mentioned as a pro.
Okay first off I worked at a well known college bookstore. And it's very busy , I know first hand because I'm enrolled currently. My issues are with older established employees. How can I put this.. they – more... will purposely give you false information so you can be looked at like a fool and ruin your chances of being selected for a regular job with the book store. Secondly the training is NOTHING, but a stupid hunt of 14 questions. While you have over a hundred books to look through. It was not helpful. I'm used to working with big companies,and being trained properly. Here your thrown in on the busiest day of the semester working and dealing with scavengers looking for books literally! No brakes , no training , no direct deposit, nothing is good about this place. Not to mention the main manager is so rude ,and cold . It was as if he would shoot your mouth off If you cracked your lips to say could you please help me... But ending I like SOME of my co-workers SOME..I wouldn't recommend nobody working here it's just very unprofessional – less
Interesting place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Castine, MEAugust 25, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: no job security, poor raises at best
Interacting with students, as well as fitting for uniforms and taking care of customers needs.
Management did not want to train you for the job because of insecurities.
Good Company