Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun and interesting place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape May Court House, NJSeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my temporary part time position with Follett.
Simple tasks, flexible management.
I would recommend working at Follett should anyone ask......
Pros
Worked independently
Run
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 24, 2017
Poor management and zero company direction. Employees always stressed with no appreciation from management. No one wants to acknowledge low morale and there is no guidance at all.
Great manager, great people to work with, fun environment
Packer/Processor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 24, 2017
My job was easy and enjoyable; I pulled, sorted, processed, and packed orders for college textbooks and supplies.

Management was great, as were my coworkers.

I really enjoyed processing orders. The hardest part of the job was leaving when they closed our warehouse.
Great place to work overall great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PASeptember 21, 2017
Amazing place to work nice and friendly good college job they have a great staff and a great prices with most of the books and the shirts anything that anyone could ever want
Productive place
BA/PM Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Workplace at Follett is relaxed environment and management is great to work with. Employees are empowered to make wise decisions. I have learned a lot from management at Follett
Pros
Empowerment
Cons
Nonw
CSUSM Bookstore
Bookstore (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 19, 2017
I worked under two managers and was crossed trained under both. I was doing my job and also completing other people's work. Yet I was released because of reasons unknown. I was trustworthy and hardworking and made very little mistakes. I could only imagine the stress they must of have always hiring and firing people.
Pros
On Campus
Cons
Not enough paid time
this was a temp assignment
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Hours where great started @ 6:30 am till 3 pm, Process payroll, created time card and entry card for staff. Enter attendance of staff and keeping track of PTO, Sick-time, Vacation, FMLA. ect

This was a great company I which the assignment did not end.

The Management when I saw them was good.

The best part of this job was that the management listen and made sure staff had home and work life balance.
Pros
Great hours, work and home life balance.
Fun place to work, NEVER a slow moment
Team Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 13, 2017
I have worked for Follett for 4 years. Don't think for one second that it's slow paced because its a bookstore. I started as a temp, was hired on and then promoted. While I held the same position for a few years I have learned so much and something new everyday. I would absolutely encourage job seekers to apply for any open position with Follett.
Pros
Supportive management
Productive and fun at times
Sales Associate & Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, New JerseySeptember 13, 2017
This job I think is pretty average over all, I work closely with a few people so about 3 or 4 in total during regular hours, my employees and manager are nice people. There is never any drama in the workplace, we all get along well. It can be stressful during the busy seasons, but nothing our team can't handle.
Pros
schedule is flexible and perfect for me
Cons
no healthcare, low pay
Very fun and productive work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2017
My typical day at the Cincinnati State Bookstore is very relaxing, but can get stressful during rush. Also, I can handle the pressure at the same time of dealing with new students. I was only working morning hours and preparing the store for students to buy books. What I have learned was, understanding how to use the register, dealing with more diverse students, and entering important information into database for the managers. This job wasn't hard at all. I've enjoyed the atmosphere of working at the bookstore as a college graduate and being able to help college students with advice. This experience has been the best for me. I don't won't to leave.
Pros
Good managers, surprise lunches (pizza), holiday gifts
Cons
Short breaks, flexible schedules
Season employment was great
Textbook Buyer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed getting to travel from school to school doing textbook buyback. Each school is a bit unique. Overall, the training was great and the working conditions were enjoyable. I thoroughly loved the management personnel. Great team of individuals to work with.
Pros
liked travelling
Cons
long days at times
Fast paced work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Picking and packing orders in preparation for shipment. Good break times. Good hours of operation and weekly hours. A lot of overtime opportunity. Overall a good place to work.
Productive and great place to work
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Typical workday consists of coming in for your shift, having a pep talk about how the days went before and what to expect in the following week. Then you stretch and sent off to your station to work. If anyone has questions you can ask supervisors and workers who know the work very well.
Fun at times. Slow at others.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 5, 2017
The day had different waves of customers coming in for their school supplies. Sometimes, there would be a lot of people to help, and others, there wouldn't be anyone to help. There were times of the day where employees struggled on finding things to do for the remaining time.
Pros
flexible hours. Worked around school schedule.
Cons
Boring. Slow paced.
Productive, adaptive, flexible, and involved.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2017
Began as a seasonal temp during a heavy pre-semester rush, but was kept on as a permanent sales associate for three years. Always willing to work with my school hours while I completed my Associate's degree, with a consistently active yet low-stress environment. Though I was only part-time, it was still a more-than-satisfactory employment experience.
Pros
Reliable hours, engaging projects, free coffee, inclusion in campus functions
Cons
Never got to advance as much as I'd have liked
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 1, 2017
Working at Follett has a joy! The environment was great, the people were nice. The manager was real and she always kept things professional. If we ever needed to talk about something she was always there. Great place to be.
Poorly Managed
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILAugust 28, 2017
The workers are typically nice people who want to do a good job. The culture is very strange and morale is borderline toxic. Follett has made very obvious, historical bad management decisions and had bad managers in place who have created a very bad, current climate and problems that current employees are finding difficult to overcome. Again, good people who have been put in bad situations. If you join Follett, just beware of what you're getting into.
Not coordinated
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 23, 2017
They are very uncoordinated and there is no room for growth. Most people are just temporary and seasonal which was what I was for a few years till I found permanent job.
Excellent seasonal work.
TEXTBOOK COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 19, 2017
Seasonal work is your best bet, because since this location is tied directly to university. After the pre- and post-semester rushes, there is very limited work to engage in. Management can be hit or miss, and the work atmosphere is not terrible.
Great gig for students
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2017
Structured training and consistent corporate protocols provided an enjoyable degree of predictability, while interacting with potential customers on the sales floor kept duties from feeling too mechanical. No script for sales associates, but training outlined different suggested sales tactics. Occasional spiffs offered.

Great place for qualifying customers to get an Apple product at educational (discounted) prices!
Pros
Apple Sales Training, working with tech, pick when you take a break
Cons
short breaks, low wages, limited opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.