Follett Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun
Receiving & Shipping (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJune 15, 2016
new things to learn everyday. getting to know about new technologies. very good atmosphere and friendly co-workers. new unexpected situation teaches me to learn thing every day. the hardest part of the job is newer software that i'm not quite familiar with. most enjoyable part is people are very friendly and management is very good,
Cons
minimum payrate
Hard-working associates, confused management.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 14, 2016
This specialty retailer is a family-owned business for over 100 years. They have acquired several other businesses over the past several years, but have also had some dramatic layoffs.

The culture/values that are purported to be at the center of all the company does, are less evident in past few years.
Pros
Great co-workers, collaborative and interested in helping each other learn.
Cons
Tough to advance, rudderless and ever-changing direction from management.
Nice
Customer service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MS 38901June 7, 2016
Seasonal job. Great manager and enjoyable position. Sold books and supplies to college students. Fast paced at times, Nice lunch break. Nice co workers.
no job security
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILJune 6, 2016
new management only wants to outsource work. layoffs layoffs layoffs. overload people who are left. not a good place to work anymore
Fun Place
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 6, 2016
I learned how to work a cash register. Co-workers were very fun and made me feel very welcomed. The easiest part of this job was running the register and ringing up customers.
Bookstore with great customer service and employee focus
Sales Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 5, 2016
For more than 140 years, Follett has been the leading wholesale provider of textbooks. Their extensive expertise helps them deliver top-notch independent store solutions, from custom rental programs and signage to fixtures and asset protection.
nice
SmashBurger Waitress/Casher (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 29, 2016
my coworkers are nice. I interact with customers and I meet a lot of different people and learn so many things on a day to day basic just working with my coworkers is a nice time
Increased Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 25, 2016
During my time with Follett, I have increased my customer service experience, which has been extremely beneficial. I have also improved my management skills, in regards to things such as inventory control and the management of people. Shipping and receiving procedures are now first nature to me as I am becoming more aware how important the seemingly small tasks are. The work environment at Follett is certainly a plus and is conducive to a positive learning environment.
Pros
Paid vacation time and flexible hours.
Cons
Wages should be higher for the ASM position.
High stress, but good business.
Manufactured Parts Planner (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAMay 15, 2016
I am proud to have worked for a reputable company, but the company is growing faster than it is equipped to handle. There is an enormous amount of stress on employees of all departments.
Pros
Profit sharing plan, opportunities for growth
Cons
Stress, Poor choices made in upper management
Great environment
Cashier/sales associated / Costumer service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 12, 2016
while working at Follett I gain the experience needed to succeed at any type of work,due to the variety of duty and responsibility given to me.

Want to know more about Follett Corporation?

Ask a question
Fun place to work at
Hayward - General Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 6, 2016
The typical day at work was fast-paced and was filled with several responsibilities. I learned about apple and PC products and how to operate them. Learned how to operate and cash out my register. The management was great and they were always on top of things. Co-workers were a joy to be around and were always enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job as delivering knowledge of apple products considering there was so much to know. The enjoyable part was helping customers and being around my co-workers who are now my friends.
Productive workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 5, 2016
Minimum wage does not add up to work requirements. Overworked. Management is okay (not the greatest). Great for a first time job.
great comradery, low pay
Computer Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  University of CincinnatiMay 5, 2016
typical college job, they knew they had an unlimited work force, so they paid terrible, however it was a fun work environment.
Pros
on campus
Cons
low pay
Okay place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 2, 2016
Not enough hours and sometimes more hours than you can handle (but only during a 3 week rush period once a semester). Pay is okay if you get the hours needed. Does not hire full time employees. Management is not that great, they have bad work related skills. Customer Care does not always seem to be a priority.
Pros
Close to classes and works with school schedule
Cons
Everything else
Great Starter Job for a College Student
Sales Associate Temp. II (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILMay 1, 2016
I enjoyed working as a cashier at the Follett Bookstore. The job has increased my people skills. The managers there were fantastic as they made sure I understood my duties and responsibilities. They taught me how to work their cashier and the proper script to use when interacting with customers.
many bosses, many turnovers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westchester, IL 60154April 29, 2016
Learned a lot working for Follett. However, they did not know much about hiring managers. Some of them left after less than 1 year, and some were fired for stealing.
Fun and friendly environment
Team Lead General Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 28, 2016
Follett is a college bookstore. In my department, we are always getting in merchandise daily to be received and put on the sales floor. My co-workers are fun to work with. My co-workers and I work together to get our work done especially on game days when it's chaotic.
Pros
For full timers, the company have really good health benefits
Cons
Not a place to expect promotions or any advancement.
Sufficient work quality
Customer Service/Inventory (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJApril 22, 2016
The days spent working for Follett were satisfying and provided me with the proper social skills on how customer etiquette and service. The employees were kind and respectful and so were my supervisors who provided me aid when I could not properly help a customer. Remembering all the specific items was possibly the only difficulty I had while working, but thanks to my co-workers help that issue was solved. Getting to know the people who worked with me had to be the best part about the job.
Productive Work enviorment
Cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VA 22645April 21, 2016
A typical day would consist of helping costumers and restocking shelves when need. The management was friendly and worked well with my college classes.
Fun and challenging workplace
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 20, 2016
A great job for college students looking for a flexible schedule.
Learned how to process returns, buyback options, and computer systems.