Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Comfortable and balanced job for students
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
This Follett was located within my university, allowing me to work on days off and in between/after classes. Typical retail job with handling cashier duties, stocking the floor and helping customers. Managers were understanding and very patient.
Terre Haute, IN-Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 24, 2017
Definitely not paid enough for the amount of work you'll do. Also manager is super moody. Always talking down to employees & treating them rudely. Not the kind of person a place should have in a management position. Takes down the whole moral.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Manager, pay, workload, short lunch, long days
very relaxed
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Arcata, CAJuly 24, 2017
Not pressured to get certain things done. a very "work at your own pace" type of job. The pay is fair and the people I work with are all very pleasant.
Follett Team Lead
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  University BookstoreJuly 23, 2017
I started out as a temporary sales associate for "rush". I was a door greeter, and then moved up to a cashier, then a cashier and barista, then working with online orders, and then I became a supervisor and key holder. It is a great job to start with and grow with, and the people you meet along the way are irreplaceable.
Very Stressful and no job security
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 21, 2017
Very stressful and no job security. Workers promoted on brown nosing not skill. Culture is very odd. Benefits are great, pay is low.
xyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyxy
very productive work place
Stcc bookstore (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2017
working at the bookstore was a very nice job, manager was very nice and if you asked for help you then received it. the employees there were also very understanding of when something came up and you needed them to cover for you. follet company makes sure you are being taken are of and when you're working there you guys will star to become a family
Growing company
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2017
Was recently purchased by a larger firm and is trying to adjust to that merger as well as keep up with growing sales.

Union factory - Manufactures Ice machines and Refrigerators
Pros
Relaxed work place - Good high level Managers
Cons
Little room to advance in manufacturing
Highly satisfied
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2017
Highly satisfied with my time at my current job. Work culture, middle and upper management, quality of work life balance are all highly satisfying. Highly confident in the future of my position and company.
Great Place for Students
Team Lead General Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAJuly 13, 2017
I worked at Follett while taking classes. It was a great part time to make extra cash without the head aches and responsibilities of other customer service positions. It was a great place for me until I took on more hours and responsibilities at the same pay rate. I moved on because I needed to make better living wage for the amount of time I was spending at work.
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJuly 9, 2017
In my role as a contractor in the IT Product Support department I dealt with an extremely welcoming and professional group of colleagues. The goal for the team was to provide high level customer service to field customers. In my opinion they succeeded in achieving this goal while supporting each other, and ensuring a comfortable work environment.
Good comapnay to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my Carrer at Follett, It has been rewarding and has offered me many opportunities to grow. It has given me many opportunities to interact with all levels of manangement
Was a decent place
RECEIVING SUPERVISOR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 7, 2017
This was a temp job. Your were told that there could be a option for becoming a permanent employee. This is the one thing that was never followed thru on. Overall it was a good place to work and my direct manager was a great person to work for.
Pros
discount
Cons
Lowpay
Used To Be A Great Place To Work
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 5, 2017
Owner's don't care about employee's anymore. Haven't received any merit increases in a couple years. Broken promises. Co-workers and direct management are awesome but upper level management no longer cares about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Executive Management Team No Longer Cares
Great management and fun environment
Team Member 1 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32514June 30, 2017
Store 645 was one of the most enjoyable places I've ever worked at. The team felt like a family and the management cared for our futures. Buyback was fast-paced and challenging, if a little stressful. Shipping and receiving was fun, even though the hours were a little restricted. The busiest time was when six or seven pallets of textbooks would come in at a time and the S&R schedule became 40 hour paychecks, but those were also the most enjoyable times. The work was simple but fun, and the people made it better.
Pros
Caring management, flexible schedules, simple tasks
Cons
Constantly changing team, limited work hours
Good Place for a Temporary College Job
Text Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2017
Good, flexible job for students. I learned a lot of useful basic job skills. Semi-relaxed work environment as long as you're getting your work done. Unfortunately not a lot of opportunities for raises/advancement, even if you are tasked with more responsibilities. Only difficult if you can't stand repetition (i.e. sales cycles). Overall not bad if you're only sticking around for a while.
Pros
Minimal stress, office snacks, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hard to advance, inconsistent hours, benefits are minimal
Respectable Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 27, 2017
Follett is a great store to work for because it gives you the experience of working in a fast paced environment. Hours are given frequently during the beginning and end of each semester.
Fast pace.
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 27, 2017
Didn't instruct temporary hires very well. Did not pay any attention to what workers were doing and often forgot about us. Pay is fine for a college student looking for some spending money.
Relaxed Work Environment, bad boss
Mac technician (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 23, 2017
Work was laid back and we accomplished tasks at our own pace. The manager knew nothing about computers yet ran a computer store. Frequently ran negative profit margins by giving away expensive parts to anyone who complained.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Bad manager
Just like any retail job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
This job is just your basic retail job only its on a college campus and you are dealing with books for inventory. I didn't really like the manager at the CSN Cheyenne Campus she was a little standoffish. The Henderson Campus manager was great though.
Good stepping stone. Good work environment. Compensation is horrible, horrible, horrible.
Campus Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 20, 2017
Really depends on who your RM is. Compensation is very bad. One thing I can say is that the managers do have the authority to make changes and decisions, for this reason each location is different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.