Follett Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 25, 2016
I like working at the college bookstore. It is a great way to meet new people and get to talk to some new students and help them around. My co-workers are fabulous!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
N/A
Great Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 25, 2016
Follett Corporation is an excellent company. Enjoyed the environment and the people around me. I would definitely refer anyone looking employment to consider Follett.
Billing Clerk
Billing Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 23, 2016
Coming to work at Follett was like entering a place where your work is appreciated. Very nice atmosphere with nice energetic co-workers that greet you with a smile as you walk in the office. Even with it being fast pace at times everyone kept the best attitude and always made progress at the end of the day.
Pros
Great Food in the cafeteria!
Cons
Too many bees outside leaving the building.
package opener
Warehouse Work (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILAugust 22, 2016
I was a temp position at follett. It was a great job other than the fact that I was a temp and no benifits were offered because of that. The management was very friendly and treated me with respect and equal.
Pros
respect
Cons
no healthcare
Productive, Team Work, Fast Pace, and Friendly work envrioment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 21, 2016
What I have learned from working with Follett is leadership skills, marketing skills, and team player. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction and happiness of customers feeling confident and comfortable of buying books and merchandise items.
Great Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 12, 2016
Had a lot of fun here. I wish I could have stayed longer, but decided my education was more important at the time. Management was good, but not great.
good salary and benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAAugust 12, 2016
There is fair compensation for services, depending on the area in which you are hired. benefits are comparable to other markets.
Company is evolving it's goals and structure
Course Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2016
There's a large volume of work with constant customer interaction. College store staff must wear many hats and work as a solid to team to get the daily tasks done.
Pros
Strong team, solid leadership from the top
Cons
Great customers and staf
Fast-paced workplace
RVCC Golden Lion's Bookstore Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 10, 2016
I learned that something done over and over again is not so boring, every transaction is different. Giving personalized custom knowledge on specific items help make a difference in a students work ethic.
Pros
Work with peers / community, and helping others find what's right for them
Cons
needs to sell more items to generate more hours and sales
Comfortable enviroment to work
Buyback Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2016
In charge of $150,00.00 safe. Have to balance the safe and drawers of all the employees at the end of the day. Help with computer work when they are not understanding. Train new buyers. Give students cash for their used books.
Pros
meals and lodging paid for
Cons
seasonal work
They were alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAJuly 26, 2016
The manager before the ones that are there now were really helpful. The ones there now pretty much leave no room for advancement so it was hard to maintain a job somewhere you knew that wasn't going to move you up very fast or even at all.
Data Entry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 25, 2016
I was working in a call center entering book orders into the system.
Calls came from schools around US. It was a continuous high call volume.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Short breaks
Working at Ann Taylor - Loft Outlet
Store Manager II (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 20, 2016
Great Company. A lot of training. Great Customer Service Culture. The hardest part of the job was labor hours, we never had enough hours. Tons of work.
Pros
Customer Service Culture
Cons
Amount of Labor Hours
fun work place
Picker and processor of different school books (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJuly 17, 2016
Everyday consist of picking, processing, packing, and receiving books. How to process book into the computer. how to clean them without destroying them. ok management. some co-workers was great while others wasn't. the hardest part was hitting your numbers(they tracked your progress everyday). meeting new people.
Fun and friendly environment with young, motivated employees
Lead Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 11, 2016
Excellent managerial staff that is happy to train new employees to prepare them to help customers to the best of their ability. Usually each employee has a specific department they are assigned to (ie apparel, text, technology, etc) however once properly trained, it is easy to assist customers in any department. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my co-workers, most of them are students but it is not a requirement or an advantage to getting a position. Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Friendly, caring, and understanding staff
Engaging and Personal Growth Acquired
Course Materials Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 7, 2016
This company helps one understand that many parts must function in unison to succeed and the many aspects of helping a University function through communication between staff, students, publishers and the bookstores.
Unclear directives or constantly changing directives.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJuly 6, 2016
As with any company, there are pros and cons. For the pros, I would say this company allows a lot of room for advancement if the employee works hard and displays a positive attitude. As a store manager, there are ways to gain a bonus once a year which is based on targets set by home office.
As for the cons, the company does not have a comprehensive training program. It would seem that training would be important at the beginning of the job start, however, it wasn't until over a year later I received any certified training. The company also lacks clear directives and when they do have clear directives, they often change at the last minute or when the previous job was started.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJuly 6, 2016
Working for follett i was positioned as a sales associate in the book store at plam beach state college, belle glade campus. I learned many skills that can help me advance in any field i move into, while being in a comfortable and fun environment.
It's a bookstore
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
A typical day can be slow depending on the hours of which you work. There are four different areas of profession of which you are assigned. Management can sometimes be based on personal ties. Co- workers are co- workers and predominantly friendly. Hardest part is nothing. The job is fairly easy and doesn't require certification. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers the customers are all predominantly nice and easy to work with.
Pros
discounts on text books and appearel
Cons
short breaks, short hours, no advancement, rare raises
Going through Transition
Audit (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 29, 2016
The Company is going through a transition with new Management. This has been going on for a few years. There has been multiple rounds of layoffs the past few years. Morale is bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.