Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILMay 21, 2017
I worked for Follett for years and expected it to be the company that I would retire from. Unfortunately, there was no room for growth except for the favorites of the Finance Manager.
Great Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 19, 2017
Working with Follett is an excellent place to work. I like working their in Berkeley.
Very easy job , just no hours. Otherwise it's an excellent place to work.
Has Potential But Poor Direction
Product Support Spclst-Interm (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 18, 2017
This place could be great but they try to do too much and end up with half finished projects or software that doesn't work right for years. A lot of people have been here for too long and are dead weight and any new talent is not nurtured enough and leaves after a few months or years. People are not truly judged by their knowledge and are lumped in with people that are not on the same level making it hard to stand out. Merit system is garbage, broken, non existent, take you pick. People are promoted based seniority way to often even though they know nothing. Management overhaul is badly needed and a new knowledge based culture needs to be started. Clean house or wither.
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Bookstore Associate (FT) (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at a Follett bookstore. Business was smooth and it was a fun experience. The management was very understanding of my school schedule and helped me set up flexible work hours. Communication between employees was good, so there were always enough people working.
very slow job but easy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMay 16, 2017
fun workplace and environment but did not like management. typically just restocked merchandise and would receive shipments of book and clothes and put them where they needed to be.
Great Stepping Stone For IT Growth
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 16, 2017
My day to day operations include answering incoming calls and managing the ticket queues. Incidents range from password resets to store wide Internet outages. We support the software and equipment that runs our bookstores across the nation and overseas.
Pros
Stepping stone for career
Cons
Advancement, Raises, lack of communication
Productive place to work with decent benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 14, 2017
Follett was a good company to work for to get experience. You are dealing with librarians day in and day out which for the most part they are very nice and caring. You need to be able to juggle alot of tasks. Between managing orders and answering phone calls. Plenty of vacation time offered and decent benefits.
okay place to work
warehouse planning associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PA 18040May 12, 2017
follet is a great place to work if you are hired on as a fulltime employee. temporary employees are expendable and they will lay off as they see fit even if they have open full time positions
very productive atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langston, OKMay 10, 2017
Customer service was everything while working here. Selling books and making great sales. stocking books, cleaning, making sure customers were always happy.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
pay
Terrible place to work.
Sales Associate Lead Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 9, 2017
Pretty horrible company to work for. Senior management does not pay attention to what's going on in the campus stores. I personally reported racism and bigotry by my manager, and management ignored it. When this manager was fired a year later for the same issue, management also fired the victims in an attempt to pretend nothing had ever happened.

Want to know more about Follett Corporation?

Ask a question
great environment really bad company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2017
The college bookstore setting is a fun and enjoyable place to work. I worked there for 8 years before Follett bought us out. Follett is a horrible company to work for. They do not treat employees fairly. They have issues paying employees on time and correctly. And advancing within the company is difficult because they do not promote fairly.
Working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  terre hauteMay 8, 2017
You don't always have something to do, but you can easily find something for yourself to do. I do many different things during the day. We have our busy seasons but then we have our very slow times and hours are never the same.
Pros
The bond you get with the employees are a lifetime of friendships
Cons
Never consistant hours
Stressed students semi-safe haven
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 7, 2017
A typical day as a clerk at Follett includes utilizing the copy machine to send invoices to home office and using the computer to check balances. The current software is a little out of date but management is easy to work with to teach everything you need to know. You need to be able to count money relatively fast to balance out the safe at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job is keeping the cashiers tempered but it's also the most rewarding part to be able to listen and talk through associates issues. The clerk is like a mini therapist.
Follett provides great opportunities and education to futher careers
Book Processor (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 7, 2017
Follett involves each and every employee as well as accepts input. I have had and continue to have great interaction from co-workers.

Their benefits are either comparable to above other companies
Store Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2017
Working for Follett is rewarding and a great place to start if you are looking to get into any sort of retail management positions. They allow for growth and are always willing to assist however needed to help you succeed.
A very supportive workplace with flexible hours, great staff and wonderful training and benefit programs
Book Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 5, 2017
I am a student and was a student at the time I was working at this company. They were flexible with my schedule, were willing to help me on the job, were very cordial, and personable.
It's ok
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
They dont give you many hours when the semester is not up and running. You mostly work as a temp until a position opens for you. It's not hard work its just sometime management might as for too much. Must remain busy even with nothing to do.
Run!
HR (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 3, 2017
Terribly mismanaged with some Execs being there 20year handling business and employees like its 20 years ago. Workload is out of control and most employees are looking for change. Very high turnover.
Pros
Casual attire
Cons
Everything else.
Great Company
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 2, 2017
For a part time retail employee it is easy going. Slow stores are very slow with 2+ hours with basically nothing to do. I study and read. A great job!
Pros
Free time to study, short hours, great employees
Cons
outdated register software, not a lot of hours, minimum wage
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 2, 2017
Environment: too many men and not enough women in the leadership roles

have not worked there since 1995, cannot tell you if company environment has changed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval