Follett Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company to work.
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
I like the work atmosphere. I worked as a contractor and it has good management. Technical manager is good and i enjoyed working there. But i did not find any job security.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2016
The follett bookstore by far was my favorite job. I loved everyone on my team. Management was great. My coworkers were the best.
Pros
discounts on clothing in store
Cons
low pay
Very friendly and team spirited.
Assistant Manager College Bookstore (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 31, 2016
Employees are encouraged to be a part of the "Team". I enjoyed every day of my employment and really looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere.
Once was a great place to work
Director -- Home Office (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILMarch 29, 2016
The Follett Values used to be very important and management often included them in decision making. Now there are significant layoffs every year before the end of the fiscal year.
Co-workers and management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 28, 2016
My co-workers make the day at work so much faster. I enjoy having relationships with each of them. Management can slack sometimes by not seeing the best ways for the work place.
Great Retail Experience
Team Lead Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMarch 25, 2016
Follett deals specifically with colleges and college students around the country and in Canada. We have a specialty retail market, and a competitive one at that. We are always in competition with 3rd party sellers and private sellers, i.e. ebay, amazon, so we are always changing and adapting to stay on the forefront of the market. This company can provide great retail experience as well as teach the inside aspects of the retail industry.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
little room for advancement
Great for students, not for a career
Course Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 25, 2016
Company is a little disconnected, often there is conflicting information with Regional Managers and home office. I have first hand seen the company 'throw away" employees that have been there for years. In a bookstore front it is pretty good as long as you enjoy your manager, but the higher up it gets the more disconnect.

Student workers are as disposable as career professionals. No true security within this company. This company is a good stepping stone, but there is no real security or movement for professionals.
Folett
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2016
It a great/fun place to work. I'm a cashier. I do everything manager do, but still get paid 8.50. I would love to stay but working two days not good.
Pros
have a job, good coworker, getting a check
Cons
short break, less hours
Friendly atmoshphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 20, 2016
Overall my experience was great. Both managers were very helpful as the other associates. Working the cash register was simple and quick.
horrible experience
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 16, 2016
The one place I would never return! There were no benefits unless perm full time, you can grow in the company, and I lost so much respect for management. The pay is horrible. So much expected with such little pay. Raises are terrible and lack of appreciation.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unprofessional, pay, management
great enviornment
Inventory,cataloging,and shipping (Former Employee) –  River Grove, IL 60171March 15, 2016
It is a good place to work when i was younger. I really enjoyed the people and management their. I learned alot about taking invetory and packaging merchandise as well
Welcoming and easily manageable hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 14, 2016
Easily manageable hours made it a great job to have while in college.
The best part was the work environment. Co-workers were always so helpful and upbeat. It made the whole experience much more enjoyable.
The only issue was the fact that so many of those hired on at the beginning of the year had to be laid off after the "Rush Weeks." Only one or two of the twenty or so hired on were retained.
No complaints about management or co-workers.
The most important thing I took away from my short time with Follett was the great need for kind customer service representatives, no matter the circumstances. Even if the customer is unkind or if you had a terrible day, cheerful and heartfelt customer service is what gets the best results.
Pros
Flexible work hours for students
Cons
Seasonal employment
Good for going to college at the time in which you work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 10, 2016
The management is not nearly what you'd expect for a strong, successful company. They also have struggles with sales with their textbooks because of the price of the textbooks. There were o benefits for lower level positions, and the culture is a hire and fire kind of place.
Stress with more Stress
Course Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
When I first started working for Follett, it was very much a Family oriented company. Now it is a corporation where only the mighty dollar matters. More and more is being asked of the managers with less and less resources, Upper Management keeps making mistakes and field associates are the ones paying for it.
Pros
Benefits (but they have started cutting these)
Cons
Upper Management, training, pay
Slow placed environment during off seasons
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 6, 2016
laid back company. not many much room for growth during busy season its fun and fast paced, meet new students and work as a team to get the job done. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you interact with customers to help find what they want and looking for.
Okay
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 29, 2016
School bookstore customer service representative. Sometimes there would be no foot traffic in the store while other times it was impossible to get around.
productive and comfortable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 19, 2016
They keep you busy sometimes, but overall this is a pretty chill job. While you work you get closer to your coworkers and eventually build a relationship with everyone, even the customers.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Fun and busy chain
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2016
I liked the overall environment and coworkers. There is always something to do and involves halting customers in need.
Excellent Work Culture
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Corinth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
The management is excellent. Very accommodating to scheduling changes which is superb for students. Lots of training provided to help associates provide the best service to our customers. All of the employees I've had the pleasure to work with have been professional and personable.
Pros
Plenty of training as needed, manager provides lunch or treats frequently, flexible schedule.
Cons
Would like more hours and higher wages
Productive and Fun
Team Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Opa-locka, FLFebruary 14, 2016
I enjoy working for this company because there are many learning opportunities. I started off as a sales associate Temp worker and now I am a Team lead. I really enjoy working because its a friendly place where i meet new people daily.