Follett Higher Education Group Employee Reviews

ok
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 17, 2015
This job was very trying at most times but very manageable with school and a lot of advancement if you performed well. Co workers were ok and i pretty much stayed to myself.
Flexible work schedule
Seasonal Buyer (Former Employee), Indiana, IllinoisJuly 16, 2015
Great corporate support and local management was great. Part time buyer at different local college sites. Did not work in traditional office setting for company.
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Holmes Community College Goodman MSJuly 16, 2015
Good Company. Great hours where I worked. Only 4 weekends a year worked. Meeting new students, working with school staff,
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), ILJuly 9, 2015
Overall the company is good to work for. Growing business and company is proactively working through the changing environment of the business.
Excellent
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee), Westmont, ILJuly 8, 2015
policies and management are very flexible when it comes to working remotely or accommodating various life situations (sick days, doctor visits, etc.). Management is encouraged to measure an employee by their work and…
Industry Changes
General Merchandise (Former Employee), IllinoisJune 29, 2015
Pros: Discount on merchandise
Cons: Mismanagement in corporate headquarters
Industry is undergoing a massive change due to high cost of college education. Fewer students are graduating in less than 5 years and enrollment is down in both public and private schools. Due to changes in student loans and financial scholarships there are fewer purchases being made in the campus bookstore leading to transitional employees at Follett.
Could be the right job for the right person
Store Manager (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 13, 2015
Until our company culture underwent a dramatic change and overhaul, I loved, loved, LOVED working for FHEG. About six months before my relationship there ended, there began to be serious changes in our Home Office that trickled down to day-to-day operations that caused serious unrest and unhappiness. 5
very challenging job
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 5, 2015
Pros: Lots of fun
Cons: No benefits for part time worker
- Bookstore job is seasonal. The first two weeks of the semester are the busiest week and the last couple of days before the semester ends because of the buyback season and rental check-in. Everyday, I make sure that I put a tag on clearance items, restock items, pay in and out the associates before and after their shift, audit buyback books, audit the sales and the money on the safe, help/ assist customers on what they need, and inform associates whatever changes we have in store.

- Bookstore is my first job since I came here in the U.S. and I don't have any experience in working, because of – more... my willingness to work, I learned a lot of things from my manager and co-workers. The basic things I've learned are: how to use a register, how to count money on my drawer, how to communicate with different people, how to handle customers with attitude, and how to adapt everything at work. During the time that I'm on training to become a supervisor, I learned to become a leader, more responsible, and analyze the situation everyday.

- The management are very nice. They try to help each and everyone to make the company success.

- Co-workers are funny. They are always giving me suggestions on what we will in the store.

- The hardest part of the is when the customer is giving an attitude.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is working and help one another while sharing our stories or problems in life. – less
Forward-thinking, growth oriented company with strong core values followed at all levels.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: Strong support for field employees.
Cons: n/a
The company is geared to expediting and enabling higher education for college campuses. Service to the students and campus partners is the priority. The corporate culture is geared to support the stores on campus. Training and guidance from upper levels to store level is evident.
Great for Students
Sales / Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great for students while attending CSU East Bay
Cons: Unorganized, Too much gossip/drama, last minute management
While working for this company, it can be stressful during events or at the beginning or end of any quarter or semester. As a sales associate, the normal day is keeping everything clean, helping costumers as much as possible, working on everyday type projects or special events. The hardest part of the sales associate is last minute management. As a warehouse associate, everything is relaxing as long as everything is received or shipped out in a timely manner. The hardest part about working in the warehouse, is keeping it clean and organized. This job is great for students, but only great for students. The managers will always work with students to ensure studies come first.
Active working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Milton, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: flexibility great hours
Cons: loss of benefits
Follett has been very good. It has been flexible when I needed flexibility. I have since lost my benefits because of an organizational change. They took them away for part-timers.
I learned about corporate management
Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good hours and discount
Cons: Working home football games
I opened the Cash Office, issuing tills to the cashiers who were scheduled to work. Proceeded to prepare the daily deposit and order additional funds if needed.
I verified the Accounts Receivable Charge receipts for the previous day and made any corrections needed.
I verified employee punches for the previous day, consulted with their supervisor and made necessary corrections.
I reconciled our returns with each companies credit memo and researched any discrepancies(in verifying our stock on hand or contacting the vendor concerning errors).
I completed E-Verify for new hires, assisted them in completing their
tax withholding forms and explained company attendance rules.
I entered their information into company payroll system and forwarded withholding forms and direct deposit form to home office.
The management dealt with issues fairly and seemed concerned with their employees
It was enjoyable with working with my coworkers and meeting students from different cultures.
It was trying to be sure that athletes accounts were set up to their individual sports and sales were rung up properly.
Bookstore
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 24, 2015
Higher Education bookstore. Typically would be stocking the books students would come buy for classes. Or i would be locating the books for the students who could not find them on their own.
Horrible
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: hour break for lunch
Cons: rude customers
Start work at 7 am and end late at night. Just a lot of work for a temp/seasonal position. Management wasn't very nice or professional.
Follett Higher Education
Cashier customer service (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 11, 2015
Promoted from a temporary seasonal employee to a regular part-time employee position to help tend to customers, increase sales, and assist in stock. Was taught roles and responsibilities of supervisory, and management positions to take on a position during the busiest time of year. Other tasks included inventory control, buyback procedures, mark-ups and mark- downs, filling website orders, FedEx shipments, rental sales, and store opening.
No job security
Course Materials Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours except during rush season
Cons: company has changed since the new regime
With the book industry changing in light of having a book on your electronic device. The brick and mortar stores are disappearing and online stores are more available.
Great Place to work as a student!
Team Lead General Merchandise (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Working for follett has been great! Operating in different campuses makes it great! Great job opportunities and the flexibility is awesome. Perfect for students attending GCC.
Stay away
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
This company is so bad. The culture is toxic and they burn through HR people like crazy because there is no leadership. Wake up! The company ias run by former OfficeMax execs who crashed and burned there and are doing the same thing to Follett. It is really sad to watch.
FHEG Abuses long tenured employees forcing them to quit
ASM (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: all the abuse you thought you could handle and then some.
Cons: abusive, mean, cruel management who lack even a modicum of humanity.
This is simple. I witnessed FHEG abuse successful long term employees in an effort to manufacture cause for termination or to force them to resign. Employees with over 15 years of successful became suddenly stupid beginning the fall of 2012. I witnessed 4 employees being driven from the company in brutal fashion. No severance, no gold watch, no thank you for your service. HR, once notified, attempted to mitigate damage rather than figure out what's going on. This is a terrible company. Don't work there. Don't shop there.
ok
Pit Operator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
not much room for advancement within the company. requires too much personal data for the work involved. management is very friendly. they do not give good hours or many hours for the hourly work. I do not think Indeed should require a review of a company just to get your resume posted.