FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

A very busy district.
District Lead Printer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2017
Overall it is a good place to work. I really like knowing that the work we produce in the print shop aids in the students learning. The environment is very casual but busy.
Pros
Nice time off around the holidays
Cons
The pay could be more competitive.
Great People!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 8, 2017
You really get to know you coworkers and build a positive relationship with them, which makes it easier to perform your job and make it more enjoyable too!
Good experience, good people
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working here!!! Almost every person I encountered as a substitute instructional assistant was very nice & helpful.
Pros
Friendly staff & management
ok
Bus driver/ Administrative Assistant On Call (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 31, 2016
Good place to build your skills on running an office. multi tasking gets improved. You get to understand the ins and outs of the business management side .
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 25, 2016
Always something new to learn and the co-workers are great! Management pushes staff to be creative and learn new software.
flexibility and great pay as a substitute
Instructional Aide Substitute (Current Employee) –  Folsom and Rancho CordovaJune 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy getting to sub in the different classrooms at FCUSD. Each day is unique and gives a new experience. The teachers are kind and hard working. The school staff are always helpful and kind as well.
Great Co-workers
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 3, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. They help make the day go along. I am constantly learning new job skills, which is a great benefit to me.
Pros
Co-workers, always learning
Cons
healthcare, job security, political
food services
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 20, 2015
You must like children to work in this job, if you do not or have patients dealing with kids and or teacher do not apply. U will learn very necessary skills from this job regarding food safety and temping food so their are safe to eat.
Pros
union
Cons
full time hours
Student Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 6, 2014
I enjoy working at the Student Care. I like assisting students with their homework, creating craft projects and everything that allows me to interact with the kids after school.
Successfully served a diverse population of families
Lead Preschool & Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 11, 2014
This was a morning preschool program with daily "required" parent participation. Parents numbered between 4-6 in the classroom daily and had specific duties. The teacher was fully responsible for building an age appropriate curriculum, supervising, instructing and managing 24 preschoolers ages 3-5 and parent helpers on a daily basis. Evening parent education classes was the monthly evening component where parents acquired a clearer understanding of their child's growth, development and age-appropriate expectations. This program was located in a diverse community of families which allowed all children to experience different cultures, appearances, languages, family forms and ways of life in a positive affirming environment. As the teacher I quickly became detailed, highly organized with excellent communication and problem solving skills. Cultural awareness and ESL experience was gained through exposure and daily experience. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the different families, their cultures and their refreshing innovative and age appropriate ideas. The hardest part was saying good-bye at the end of each school year.
Pros
Great families enrolled. Positive and productive work environment.
Cons
Hourly pay is not equivilent to actual hours worked for planning a successful program.no benifits
A very fullfilling and endearing job
Special Education Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Russell Ranch Elementary SchoolFebruary 12, 2014
I am very thankful for my position in helping special needs children mainstream into the general education environment. This is a very fulfilling position. I have learned much patience, grace and creativity. My co-workers are very compassionate and encouraging. On any given day, their support means more than one can imagine. The most difficult part of my position is the when I cannot get through to a student and they are frustrated and cannot express themselves. It breaks my heart to see them in so much agony over something that comes so naturally and easy for other students. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my student has a success in the general classroom, when he gets something that most get instantly and yet he has no concept and really needs to dig deep to figure it out. This moment may only come once a school year, but when it does it is monumental.
Pros
Flexible hours, time off with children.
Cons
No time to self.
Watching student academic and behaivoral progression is very rewarding.
Special Education Para-educator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CaliforniaDecember 31, 2013
A typical work day is filled with back to back groups the focus on building or strengthening language arts and math skills. I learned how be firm yet patience. I have also learned how dissect and modify curriculum for all students. Improving their fundamental academic skills as well as assisting them throughout their grade level studies. Management and my co-workers can produce varied reactions but most have the best intentions for their students. The hardest part of this job is navigating through various co-workers that lack the understanding of the difference between true learning handicapped students and poor study habits. The students always provide much amusement throughout the work day.
Pros
Student growth, entertaning, teaching, paid holidays, health care
Cons
The pay, too many egos
Laid off.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAAugust 12, 2013
Budget cuts took my job away. High level administrators recieved pay raises, but those they did not like or care about lost thier jobs.
A good learning environment
Instructional Assistant Special Education (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CaliforniaApril 5, 2013
The environment that I worked is was a great learning environment. I enjoyed what I did. the classroom I was in was a moderate/severe classroom working one on one with a boy with autism. I enjoyed working for the school district but it was just not the right fit for me and or the students.
Pros
working with children and getting more experience
Cons
hours and not getting the support needed to do my job to the fullest
Rewarding job working with kids
STARS Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 29, 2013
I work with kids at a after school program. A typical day at work starts off by me and my coworkers planning out the day and setting up anything that needs to be set up (for example: pencils sharpened, having paper, color pencils, and books available). Then the kids check in, there are 80 students altogether and 5 staff members, including myself. Each staff member gets about 20 students each and my supervisor, oversees all the groups. After the kids check in, they begin doing their homework and have an hour to complete it. I assist every student that needs help or has a question. After the homework hour is over, the kids have snack that the school district provides. After snack, our after school program provides the equipment to do some recreational activities such as physical education for an hour, or the kids will be allowed to use the school's computer lab where the students can play educational games approved by the school and the district. The last part of the day I'll lead an activity with the kids such as 'hangman' or 'heads up seven up' while my supervisor checks the students out that are being picked up by their parents. There are times when I do the check out.
Pros
fun, great place to work, and rewarding job.
Cons
only 20 hours per week and no work during the summer (june through mid august)
I enjoy the Rancho Schools a great deal
CA MS Credentialed Teacher - SUB (Former Employee) –  FCUSDSeptember 1, 2012
I love to work with Smart Boards, but PT jobs are not enough....
Pros
staff and management
Cons
no work for new teachers
FCUSD, fast pace, feeding the youth
Food Service Worker One (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 2, 2012
In charge of overseeing all aspects of food service for a elementary school. Cook and prepare all meals for entire school. In charge of all student accounts for purchase’s and payment schedules. Provide accurate counts of all material for purchasing all food and supplies. Maintain a safe and clean environment for all student and staff that meet strict state guidelines.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
not full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2