Folsom Lake College Employee Reviews in United States

Supportive Staff, Lifelong Connections
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 7, 2015
When I worked here it was about being dedicated to the community you were serving. I learned that every process is valuable in it's own way, it's okay to make mistakes as long as you fix what's broken, and time management is a key component to success as a student and as a human being in general.
Pros
Close to many restaurants, can sometimes do homework, Supportive environment, help with resources
Cons
Cold, No Food and Drinks, Slow Software
Professional Staff and work environmnet
Admissions and Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 29, 2015
I loved coming to work every day and knowing that I would make a difference in someone's life. The company new how to make a work environment tailored to the needs of the employee and the customer.
Great job for college students
BOOKSTORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Great environment for students. Work schedule created around students school schedule.
Productive and Lively
Computer Assistant / Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAAugust 3, 2014
Taking calls, making appointments, waiting on the student body to have computer related issues.

Learned many new features on programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel. How to make Identification Cards.

Runs the entire room smoothly yet ready to help at all times.

Always friendly and ready to help with anything.

Keeping up with the demand of many students on days before finals and midterms.

Helping out to me is the best part of the job. That feeling of helping someone out is just truly priceless to me. There's at least to me no other feeling like it.
Pros
free lunches. didn't have to pay for paper or printing.
Cons
very quiet
Great, stable place to work
Been here 4 years (Current Employee) –  Sacramento AreaAugust 29, 2013
I've enjoyed working at FLC. My coworkers have been very supportive, but the work I do isn't the most exciting. I enjoy working with students so that evens out the boredom factor most days.The college is lacking in diversity, that is primarily due to it's location. There is also a bit of a sense of entitlement with more students at this campus then you would normally find at a community college. Once again, likely due to the location. The district itself is more fiscally sound than others, I've continued to receive yearly step raises despite of the "budget crisis" of the past few years. Switching from classified staff to faculty is very difficult to do without first becoming an adjunct professor (part-time) for a few years, which does not pay extremely well. There are no options for telecommuting offered, despite the fact that telecommuting for many positions is viable and would likely save the district money.
Pros
some extended holiday time off
uplifting environment
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 31, 2013
I worked with students on a daily basis as well as answered high volume phone calls. I worked with a great group of people and an excellent boss. I worked at the front desk so I had a lot of interaction with a diverse group of people. What helped make my job easier was being bilingual, I speak russian. I must say i truly enjoyed working in such environment.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
no raises, no healthcare
Administrative Assistents
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento CAOctober 30, 2012
Receptionist for multi phone line, mail processing, greeting clients, use copy/fax machine, create correspondence.Work at front desk, file, data entry, schedule students, translate students,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
 Starting up, Performing Maintenance, Doing Operation and Stopping of the Equipment in Plant
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2012
Maintenance of steam boilers, turbines, and water pumps
Trained and oriented new employees on company equipment
Pros
stability
Cons
low salary
Loved working at the college!!!
Financial Aid Clerk Assistant Company (Former Employee) –  Folsom CaJune 26, 2012
I enjoyed everything about this position. I worked there for 4 years as I was obtaining my last 2 A.S. degrees. I worked in the financial aid department and became an FAFSA expert. I assisted students and their parents with the overall FAFSA process, which at times can be a bit overwhelming. What i loved most about this position was that it gave me an opportunity to reach out and encourage those who may have felt that college was out of their realms due to their financial situation and open their eyes to the world of federal student aid, scholarships and other grants unknown to many. I loved this job and all the staff it was great.
Pros
the ability to help people obtain the finances to go to college.
Cons
that i had to end my position there when i graduated

Want to know more about Folsom Lake College?

Ask a question