Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
This position is responsible for the assembly of OEM equipment and systems, and will report directly to the Engineering Manager. The position requires the ability to manage multiple projects from beginning to end producing a high quality product within budget and time.
- Manage & Implement control systems for various types of Automation Equipment from beginning to end.
- Create and implement control specifications (I/O list, motor list, etc.).
- Manage the outsourcing of our control design.
- Manage the outsourcing of the PLC programming if we are above capacity.
- Capable of programming PLC & HMI equipment.
- Oversee that programs are written in accordance with our standards
- Insure suppliers adhere to our control specifications for each project
- Continually improve our control systems by using new technology
- Co-ordinate the field wiring of the machines.
- Able to communicate the progress of projects to the Engineering Manager.
- Record and communicate changes to electrical components.
- Keeps the work environment clean
Essential Skills and Experience
- BSME or BSEE degree preferred.
- 5 or more years experience with programming of industrial machines with strong background in industrial automated machinery systems.
- Knowledge of control systems Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, C+ , CNC and visual basic.
- Knowledge of function block programming a plus
- Specific experience in the metal forming industry with application of pneumatics, hydraulics, lubrication and control systems highly desired.
- High integrity and a solid work ethic.
- Energetic Teamplayer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to travel abroad and work irregular hours when needed
- Must be a Team Player, always willing to help out and take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to work independently and successfully represent the Company.
The Fontijne Grotnes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and great benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K and plus much more. Pre-employment screening process includes drug screen and background check.
Fontijne Grotnes creates custom machinery solutions for the expanding, coiling, rotary roll forming and welding of cylindrical metal parts. These parts are utilized in the transportation, aerospace, agriculture, petroleum, appliance, and forging industries. Our customers' products range from the simple: wheel rims and pipe couplings, to the sophisticated: missile tubes and jet engine rings and nozzles.
Fontijne Grotnes recognizes that technologies in the new millennium demand parts' shapes which conforms to newer and tighter tolerances than ever before. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, we help our customers try to achieve a higher standard of quality coupled with greater productivity, all without sacrificing profitability.
Fontijne Grotnes employs an "Uncommon Approach" in helping our customer’s specific needs. A unique approach that eliminates machining and fabricating steps. An approach which facilitates major cost reductions by saving time, material and manpower, while allowing our customers to create metal parts with new and complex contours.
Fontijne Grotnes' Uncommon Approach allows customers to experience the benefits of our integrated metal forming systems, which can carry out an entire forming process in a single production module. Please visit our website at www.fontijnegrotnes.com.
Fontijne Grotnes, Inc. is a Drug-Free and Equal Opportunity Employer