Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage Employer Reviews

Banquet Serving & Beverage Cart
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OhioMay 21, 2014
This job requires a lot of teamwork and communication among other co-workers. The hardest part about being a banquet server is having to deal with rude customers when a problem/solution is out of your control. I typically find a manager that can further help the customer that is upset. The most enjoyable part about banquet serving is being around the – more... customers. I love to make their experience memorable. Seeing a smiling face and having customers appreciate your hard work, is very rewarding for me. That is what keeps me going! – less
new
Dish washer (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 minutes
there is not much to say about food and beverage. theres so much work that need to be address.
fun work enviornment, always something going on
Waitress (Former Employee), Simi ValleyApril 9, 2014
Pros: free golfing, friendly co workers
Cons: no healthcare, poor management
prepare the food and beverage cart with necessary items to sell to the customers on the golf course throughout the day. Take custom orders back to the kitchen and deliver to customer's on the course. Co workers were always fun to be around, the hardest part of the job was the management was very up in the air.. never got a straight answer from anyone – more... "superior" Most enjoyable part of the day was seeing how much tips you brought home. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Enterprise Account Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2014
Productive and fun place to work that allows for a flex schedule to work around home schedules. Pay is fair but job security/advancement options can be difficult to maneuver.
Enthusiastic, goal-orientated individual
Banquet Captain/Waiter/Bartender (Former Employee), Bonita Bay GroupMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free golfing, health care
Cons: short cuts
Banquet set-up, Duties include working all special events like , Welcome-back, Jam-night. I learn to make changes of the room, seating chart, Bar, any events.
Good teamwork, good salary, long vacations
Cabin Service Coordination (Former Employee), Disney WonderMarch 3, 2014
Take orders over the phone, let the chefs know what to prepare, assign servers to deliver, follow up with customers, write reports. Good team, fast efficient. Long working hours but every day is spent in a different place.
always learning
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Verona, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, lots of vacation time
Cons: not enough advancement
I knew nothing about food & beverage when i began there. I had a fantastic boss who took the time and patients to teach me so much.For that I will always be grateful. Made alot of great friends in alot of departments, learned alot from a great many people and that I will always miss but will take with me as i journey forward.
Fun, beach atmosphere
Security Manager, Wave House San Diego (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: n/a
A beautiful day in San Diego is always a good day. I dealt with a very diverse demographic. Parents with small children, young professionals, elderly. They all love the Wave House.
Great Experience
Host, Coordinator and Supervisor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 24, 2013
Manage Food & Beverage Outlets. Deal with Waiters and Bartenders, be on Top on everything in the office and be atentive to all guests and clientes.
Interaction with people; steady pace; and multi-tasking
Bartender/Wait Staff (Former Employee), Soutern DelawareFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: people interaction; on my feet; reconciling my bank; coming up with a 100% accuracy bank
Cons: being a family man at the time, irregular hours; turnover of personnel.
Meeting different types of people; counting banks; making schedules; entertaing people; having my own little stage!
Exciting environment
Manager (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJanuary 10, 2013
Always a blast with our clients, staff and overall ambiance of TJ Maloney's
Fast Paced growing company
Outlet Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 20, 2012
Working as a food & beverage manager at The Fairmont has been a very rewarding experience. Aside from typical management responsibilities such as scheduling, orders, budgeting, etc, i have learned so much working at a full service hotel with so many departments and requirents to fulfll the position. the most challenging aspect has been the ever changing – more... hours and schedules, which take a toll. I have greatly enjoyed learning so much and being introduced into new areas such as event planning and sales. – less
workplace
Penrose Taco Bell (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: it get very slow
This was my first job ever. i really liked this jo. they gave me good hours i had great benefits and they treated the employees very well
Ski resort atmosphere.
Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2012
Pros: free ski passes
Cons: miss managed from corp. office on down the line, poor communication
A day could consist of anything from cleaning tables to manageing the floor. Customer service, money handling, deposits, scheduling where all a part of the day.
Food and Beverage
Shadowed the Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Cyprus Station, ENGApril 23, 2014
I followed the food and beverage manager around.
helped him in his office: filing and paperwork. i picked up experience from it.
worked hard but a great environment
Associate Director (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 17, 2014
Typical day was spent supporting managers and staff attending meeting and coming up with new innovative ways to improve the overall operation.
Enjoyable work and great people.
Strong sales (Current Employee), WellingtonMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free food.
Cons: time wasters
I self managed my time so that I could interact with clients and buyers. I learnt to use time wisely. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding a new client and making a sale.The hardest part was when people said they would meet and change their mind last minute.
productive and fun workplace, good ambiance
Service Crew (Former Employee), Greenwich, ENGFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: short hours of duty
I've learned how to better myself in a customer service representitive position. Managment seems to know what they are doing and have everything under control. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be serving, especially when it is very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be taking the orders and identifying with customers.
Food and Beverage team leader
shift leader (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 5, 2014
• Service behind the bar for the public and guests
• Opening and closing the restaurant on a daily basis
• Food service for the busy restaurant area
• Training and leading staff during service times in the restaurant
• Greeting customers and attending to their reservation needs
• Closing down of an evening, including cleaning duties and cash up
• I – more... have been trained the receptionist’s responsibilities during my free time – less
productive
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dubai, United Arab EmiratesDecember 13, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
Supervisor usually lead other team members because they understand the expectations of higher management and how to meet or exceed these goals. They're not only responsible for getting the most from the other employees by inspiring and motivating them, but they must also maintain the smooth running of the store or business during their shifts. Supervisors – more... work directly alongside employees to accomplish tasks.

Maintaining good working relationships with the other team members is something supervisor need to do. This may be challenging if some of the employees feel jealous or resentful that they weren't chosen for the job. It can also be difficult when a new supervisor from outside the Hotel is brought in, since it may take some time for a work team to mesh well together. The best supervisor can empathize with the other workers while also inspiring them to perform well on the job – less