Food 4 Less Employee Reviews

Fun enviroment
Receiving Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
Management is not good due to bad customer service skills. Weekly pay and quick advancement is a plus. Overall good company to be apart of. Fast paced working and working within a team
Pros
weekly pay, advancement
Cons
management not good
Quick-paced
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Food4Less. It is very quick-paced, productive job place, friendly staff and supervisors. Id work here at again at some point in time.
Don’t care about Utility Clerks
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CADecember 3, 2017
You don’t get paid enough for what you do. Management says we are the most important employees, front end management doesn’t show that. If you have something urgent to do after work they’ll still keep you afterwards. Management handles scheduling poorly. Get blamed for anything that goes wrong. Head cashiers treat UCs terribly. The only way you’ll move up is if you are friends with management. Promotion is difficult, experience doesn’t matter. Would not recommend. Only here until I find another job.
Cons
Short breaks, rude front end management
My experience as a food 4 lees in the past is that I enjoyed my time there.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CADecember 1, 2017
All I have to say is that while working there I wouldn’t even feel the time and I like that. I like to always be busy. I enjoyed my time there for sure
Pros
Everything was good
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Fun and fast pace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 1, 2017
A typical work day I'll have a large load and be finish by the time my of time was available.. Never had a slow day and loved working at a fast pace and lifting weight because out was a everyday exercise.. Was stable and reliable very dependable.. Never called off never was late never left early stayed later then my off time..
Pros
Half off on my purchase
Cons
Short breaks and different off days
Too much stress for not enough pay
Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CANovember 14, 2017
They consistently try to get work from you that you are either not paid to do. If you've worked there for awhile and are good at your job you don't get rewarded with more hours; on many occasion new hires get far more hours than someone who's been there for at least 6 months. It's extremely hard to get promoted especially for someone who is in school because raises are based on hours not performance. The environment is not too friendly because no one really wants to be there. There's this culture of being over worked with comments like "we don't take breaks". I wouldn't recommend it as a long term job. Many people quit before a year because of the difficulty to get promoted. The hours fluctuate from closing(12am) to opening (6am) in the same week which is not good for your health.
Cons
short breaks, 30 min lunch
Food 4 Less Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CANovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for Food 4 less. I enjoyed working with the people around me, The management was great. hardest part I would think would be when It would be super busy, I would try to work faster to help the customers.
a productive and Friendly Environment
Customer 1st Clerk (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 13, 2017
I Was a Customer 1st Clerk or Utility Clerk, I Pushed carts in from the parking lot, Return Go Backs to their respective aisles, Sweep the store every 30 mins when scheduled to, as well as assist the cashiers by helping with Replacements and taking Perishables back, assisting customers by showing where products were, getting the prices of them, Bagging groceries and helping Customers out their car, I also Crushed cardboard and emptied the Baler, took empty Milk crates from the Dairy Box and stack them and put them in Receiving for Truckers to take after Deliveries, I conditioned the store with 2 to 3 other co-workers in the morning and at night.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
10-15 min breaks
Fun place to work,
Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 11, 2017
I definitely recommend working at Food 4 less. You learn alot of things about Food culture. The only hard days are when you work during holidays. It's a good place to work I would recommend it.
Fast Paced
Utility Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 9, 2017
I loved working here its very fast paced so you're always busy which makes the time go by faster. they promote from within which I loved I received 2 promotions in less than 2 months and they work around your schedule
Over wheeling at times but it build a character
Co manager/ast store director (Current Employee) –  4821 w north aveNovember 7, 2017
Career advancement is a struggle lack of training ang developing members managers can not be manager we turn into clerks.i unstand team work but we is the work life balance
Pros
Set shifts
Cons
Working 7 days
Really like working with my co workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 7, 2017
I would bake package inventory stocking and customer service It was a good experience working with all my co workers very friendly and motivated to do better
It was a great job and tge hours where flexiable
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 5, 2017
The work environment was good, the pay was good, the hours were good. Only tip I can give is if you come early to your shift they'll give you more hours because they can count on you.
Pros
Good hours
i love to bake
Bakery Clerk/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 5, 2017
I come in at 3am and bake the fresh bread of the day. I liked working at food 4 less but I decided I needed a change. Over all food 4 less has been a good and fair job to have
Food 4 Less
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 4, 2017
I worked long hours. I worked flexed hours. Faced pace. Working in the public and helping customers. Assisting with customers with their needs. Dealing with go-backs.
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madera, CANovember 1, 2017
depends if they need people they will schedule for hours and hardly offer full time they dont have set schedules but are flexible around school hours .
Food 4 Less
Customer First Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2017
Everything was very straight forward, organized and most times were very fast paced other than everything was ran quite fairly throughout the association.
extremely stressful
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 25, 2017
some days everything would be fine, but as of being under staffed and giving more work to do and not enough hours is what makes the job extremely stressful.
A good place for a steady job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CAOctober 25, 2017
It was a good place to work if you want job security, the union helps to ensure that you are safe from poor treatment. But the pay wages and sometimes lack of management as well as the fact the very unbalanced amount of hours you can get week to week makes it a bit of a stressful work environment. As well as most managers have their favorites and they usually get preferential treatment.
Pros
Job security, union
Cons
poor wages, low hours
Good for people without experience
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 23, 2017
I don't believe its a job to stay at, the work experience definitely helps you grow. I did almost every job and learned a lot at the time I was there.
Pros
Helps people grow
Cons
Pay is to little even after promotions