Primary Purpose of Position:
To research and write proposals for corporate, foundation and government giving programs as well as award applications and other program-related writing. Assist with: grants administration, prospect research, and on-going cultivation activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with program staff to develop grant proposals and budgets. Work with program staff to frame programs in the best possible manner to secure funding;
- Conduct research on prospective corporate, foundation, and government funding sources;
- Track and process corporate, foundation and government grants;
- Develop funder inquiries and proposals under the direction of the Senior Director of Institutional Giving;
- Submit materials to institutional funders, complying with all grant guidelines and deadlines;
- Draft acknowledgement letters for all institutional gifts;
- Oversee donor hard files and electronic tracking systems with assistance from interns when available;
- Work with the Database Administrator to ensure institutional gifts are recorded correctly in Raiser’s Edge database;
- Work with the Database Administrator to develop reports utilizing Raiser’s Edge fundraising software;
- Assist with the execution of donor-related and other events;
- Carry out other assignments as directed by the Senior Director of Institutional Giving and Chief Development Officer;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. Degree or equivalent required;
- 3+ years experience in Corporate & Foundation Relationship Management Experience required;
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- Comfort in a fast-past, high energy environment;
- Customer-service orientation in dealing with donors;
- Knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Comfort working under tight deadlines;
- Proficient with Raiser’s Edge.
Click here to apply to position: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3470211