Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Employee Reviews

This was a good experience to work at the location of a valued organization where I also volunteer.
Temporary, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Concord, CaliforniaNovember 23, 2012
I worked part to full time assisting the Special Events Manager of the Food Bank on a temperary basis. As a volunteer I had already worked with many people on staff and enjoyed being in their environment for a change. It was demanding but enjoyable work and my previous experience helped to bring some new ideas to their world. I also learned some ideas and new processes from them.
Rewarding workplace full of focused, dedicated people
Special Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 27, 2012
Working at the Food Bank is one of the most rewarding employment opportunities I have had. The idea of making a difference in the lives of those needing the "bread of life" is amazing. The people who work here are dedicated to their mission to end hunger in the community. My work, in assisting the Special Events Manager, is to help ensure that our fundraising and promotional events are well designed and run smoothly. I am assigned to customer and benefactor contact, as well as working with both inside and outside support contacts. My immediate supervisor is passionate about her job, which is easily contagious. The hardest part of the job is that there are seemingly not enough hours in the day to accomplish as much as we would like. But, we continue to push the envelope, hoping to make a difference each day!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
as a contractor, i do not have access to benefits.