Food Bank of Northern Nevada Employee Reviews in United States

Feeding the Hungry is a rewarding mission with a balance of structure and an independant culture..
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVAugust 8, 2014
On-board training was short and minimal. Training for open and newly created positions are fair, at best, but the expectations seem to change frequently, as is the nature of their business. The Food Bank is working hard to streamline distribution processes and accountability through metrics and education. They're major opportunities are; a complex Inventory software, the lack of experienced users and no technical support for users on site. Overall, co-workers were awesome to work with and management is doing a great job with daily operations and are working with the warehouse team to identify their opportunities and resolve them.
Productive and fun workplace with food and drinks.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 25, 2015
I helped put food in boxes, I helped to see if a food has gone bad, I was able to listen to my music whilst I worked and I took out the trash.
Pros
free water bottles
Meaningful work, unhealthy environment
SNAP Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  McCarran, NVFebruary 6, 2013
Working at the Food Bank of Northern Nevada offers you a unique opportunity to serve the community. The work is purposeful, enjoyable, and relatively stress-free. The work environment, however, is very unhealthy. I worked there for two years and saw numerous employees come and go due to slander, bullying, and nepotism. Although I loved the work, I eventually left due to management's repeated failure to address abuses on the job.
Pros
serving others
Cons
hostile work environment
Interesting, busy,
Agency Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 4, 2012
In my position I would meet with various agencies and clientele of the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. I would either work at various mobile pantries or at a Parking Lot Distribution where would deliver mass quantities of food to partner agencies who had their own food pantries.

Our service areas were all of northern Nevada and some of eastern California.

One of the hardest parts of the job to work with was the favoritism and gossip. My manager had received unfounded rumors about me and in the end it cost me my job.
Pros
meeting people, the travel
Cons
gossip, the organizational structure

Comment – February 28, 2013

You wouldn't think that there was so much politics in a company that was severing the needy. After 3 months as the Volunteer Supervisor I was let go because of political reason is what I was told. I really like working with all the volunteers that came in and gave up their own time to provide help.

The work was simple and easy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 18, 2013
Very fast pace during the winter, slowed down going close to spring. Extremely caring staff members, one of the best places I've worked.
Pros
team oriented work place
Cons
location
Very Political
Supervisor of Volunteers (Former Employee) –  McCarran NVMay 15, 2013
It's a great cause but a lot of politics involved. Don't step on the wrong toes or your gone
Pros
feeding family's in need
Wonderful position
Commodity Programs/Agency Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 29, 2012
Provides the opportunity for a person to grow professionaly.
Pros
to many to list