Food Bank

Food Bank United States Employee Reviews

HATE IT
NONE (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 23, 2015
i WILL NEVER WORK THERE AGAIN THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU ON ANYTHING IT IS THEIR WAY OR NO WAY. THEY ONLY THOUGHT OF HOW TO CHANGE ME NOT WORK WITH ME TO LEARN TO WORK BETTER,
Loved my job. Loved the church people who came for food. Loved working with the seniors at the mobile pantry
Receptionist Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ARMarch 22, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment, great coworkers, great mission, great job
Cons: one person in management suddenly became irrational.
Great job until the end when a management person took to lying.
Good mission to help those in need.
Great job with CEO who cared about people's needs.
food for people
Volunteer Helper (Current Employee), Eureka, CAFebruary 25, 2015
working for this company is fun, alittle stressful, but really rewarding by helping customers with questions and also working at the front desk when needed
Friendly Staff, Busy days, customers in and out all day.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Montrose, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, breaks when things slow down.
Cons: it is voluntary so, you do not get paid in cash but in experience.
We would usually start our days off by meeting up around 7:00 am and would start by cleaning and sanitizing work areas, then we would stock the shelves, freezers, fridges, etc. We would get split up into groups; Dairy, Meat, Produce, and Bagging, Bookkeeping, Record Keeping, Classifying and Sorting Stock, Assistance. Those in assistance would walk the grocery carts to the customers car and load it for them if they were unable.
The co-workers were mostly friendly and we would switch groups so that everyone would get to know others in other departments, and to gain skills in different areas.
The hardest part of the job was working together to be on time and get food into customers cars to make room for the growing numbers of others.
The best part was at the end of the day when everyone started cleaning and putting things away we would circle up and talk amongst the managers and co-workers like a family.
Easy, fast paced.
Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Providence, RIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: i got a workout
Cons: boring
I come in and maintain the food tables. I really didn't learn anything. the management and coworkers were friendly. The most enjoyable part was the fact that i lifted boxes all day, which helps me build muscle.
food bank
volunteer (Current Employee), South CarolinaNovember 5, 2014
gave people food
passed out food
helped out people who are in need of food
Productive and fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: rude customers
We had a list of things that needed to be done and they were done by the end of the work day.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2014
Allowed me to see how a food bank ran and how things are able to be donated or received for those in need.
Very organized and also entertaining moments
Organizer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: fun moments every now and then
Cons: little breaks
I spent my time at the food bank as a volunteer and I was not disappointed in my decision. The food bank had many different packages of food that were very well organized. The people who worked there were really friendly. I have to say that volunteering at the food bank was one of my best decisions.
Good Experience
(Volunteer) Stocker (Former Employee), Greenville NCFebruary 5, 2014
Stocking was fun. It was a volunteer position also. I just did what ever they asked me to do.
Productive, fun working place with great team members.
Stalking shelves (Former Employee), Kingston, WAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good crew members
Cons: not as many customers coming in
I helped stalk the shelves, clean the bathroom, close up, and other tasks that were set at hand for me.I learned how to work at a steady fast pace. Everyone there was nice and patient with me and all there customers. The job was easy I didn't see any hard parts in the job.
Produtive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Yuma, AzDecember 20, 2013
Everyone was friendly. I was a clerk. Every day was the same.
Productive and assisted the community
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORDecember 11, 2013
Pros: helped the community, free lunch
Cons: long periods in the sun
We gathered and sorted donated canned goods. I learned team work skills, and time management.
Management and co workers were helpful and optimistic.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy containers, but I enjoyed the exercise, the people, and the knowledge that we were helping others.
Rewarding
Warehouse Manager/Waterloo IA (Current Employee), IASeptember 8, 2013
Being able to see the impact you make to those in need, is truly rewarding.
high energy and friendly place to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee), NYC, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: i liked because you are learning something new every season
Cons: too bad is only temporary and too short
about 10:00 am we started interviewing the customer already gather in the office making sure that they have all their documents necessary in order to preparer their returns. All our co-workers cooperate with each other when dealing with a complex case in order to provide the best services and satisfaction to our clients. The manager and co-workers friendliness made my day easy and enjoyable in this energetic and fast environment. It was a nice experience because time pass so fast and I fill good at the end of each day.
Fun and great helping other people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2013
I had wonderful experience volunteer for Food Bank. I prepared boxes, carrots, and frozen vegetables
Volunteer Program
Stock Volunteer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: moral gratification, social involvement, giving back.
Cons: short brakes and no health care.
Its simple you log on online pick a time and date, show up, most of the time we were repackaging from large amounts to smaller personal amounts which would then be distributed to the needy in numerous locations. I learned about team effort, collaboration, and working hard to complete the task at hand. Management had a small meeting before we started and explained how thing need to be done, at the end of the session another meeting to let us know we were appreciated and thanked for our volunteer service. My co-workers were other young and older adults from different backgrounds but over all very hard working individuals. Hardest part of the job was lack of equipment such as durable gloves, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the work i have done will make someone else's life a little easier.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Kent, WAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: people stealing
I learned how to help people from all walks of life. The volunteers were just some of the sweetest most helpful people. Management sadly could have been a little better with managing. Hardest part of the job had to be unloading palettes of food all day long
Costumer Service/Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 3, 2013
Pros: it was good for a beginers costumer service job.
Cons: i had short breaks, but i didn't really mind.
A typical day volunteering at the Yuma Food Bank was taking costumers orders that were handed to us on paper. Once we knew how much food to give to that specific costumer we would go around the building with a box in a shopping cart and put in the amount of food that we were told to in the order we were given. One by one we would fill up a box with a specific amount of food. Then after we would meet up with the costumer we were attending and would hand their order over to them. This process would repeat with a new costumers order at a time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers wanted more food than what their order said to give. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped a lot with the hours I put in volunteering at the Yuma Food Bank. The best part of volunteering in costumer service is learning how to be a hard worker.
Volunteering to help the community
Volunteer (Former Employee), Mount Morris, MIJune 29, 2013
Pros: smiles on kids faces, fun, free food, meeting new people.
Cons: boxes ripping.
Volunteering at the food bank is more than an experience, it's a step in life. Seeing how those people were touched me in a different way, and doing that helped me help myself and others. Also it gave me experience in lifting heavy equipment, organizing different types of items in groups, and greeting people with more than smiles.