Food Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2017
Everyday at work was very organized with wonderful production, and excellent customer service. Everyone in the workplace was very respectful and courteous of everyone. It was a pleasure me working for the los angeles Food bank.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Dangerous area
Great
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2017
I volunteered here so I cannot say too much about management, pay ane benefits. I enjoyed volunteering. It has a great work/life balance, based on my personal experience.
Heart Warming
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, ILJune 10, 2017
helping people that's less fortunate and seeing that on holidays they have meal and a warm plate meant a lot to me, I am happy that I was able to be apart of that it really touches my heart..
Part -time job
forklift operator/ selector/ truck driver (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 4, 2017
Enjoyed working with others, great place to work, especially helping other peoples!
Great environment great co-workers and supervisors. Overall! Food bank is amazing place to work.
fast paced work place
food sorter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2017
dead rats around food and they tell u to let them know what traps are filled then u go back 2 days later and they are still there then u tell them again and then it start smelling they dont reward the good employee.
Pros
free water
Cons
short breaks
I love helping others so it was enjoyable.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 17, 2017
I helped one day so we watched a video of the food bank. We went to dispose of the bad food, soda cans, etc. The hardest part was smelling the food that had smelled like it had been in there for months or years. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I felt thankful for what I have and knowing that I was helping other people.
cool
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 11, 2017
it was alright, nothing special, wouldn't personally work there. I left and came whenever I wanted. The people there didn't really care if I was there or not. Nobody talked to me they said hey once and that's was on the first day.
productive in some ways
Intake Person / Driver (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 10, 2017
none I have nothing to say a about this company nor posite nor negative there is not much to say about how working for this company there is nothing else to say
Awesome people
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 5, 2017
The Anchorage Food Bank employs wonderful, kind hearted people who I personally think are awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed helping them help others it was quite fulfilling.
Good place to gain experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 3, 2017
This place was a great place to volunteer at. I loved the staff there and I gained valuable experience for my next real job and it served as a base line for which I carry myself in the work place.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Hot

Want to know more about Food Bank?

Ask a question
work with kids of all ages
Nutritional Educator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 24, 2017
I was able to work with kids of all ages, and I was Placed at a boys and girls club where I taught nutritional education each day. I was employed through the food bank, and they were so helpful, and caring.
Pros
did not work weekends
Cons
you might have to go outside in the heat for various amounts of time
na
Volunteer Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 20, 2017
rain or shine make sure your on time, great opportunity at the Texas food bank, friendly fast pace environment. would most likely recommend to a friend for the food bank has great benefits.
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 10, 2017
It wasn't very fun workplace helping kids that didn't have food help with family that didn't have food make sure that other people have food made me happy.
Good and very pleasant
Kitchen Helper / Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 7, 2017
Good well independable well beigng
I learn to work and to have more experience packing and cleanig during the day time to manage and keep my selff focus the most enjoyable part of the job was to maintain my self focus occuppied was packing putting boxes on shelffs where thy go.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
pleasant brakes
Productive workplace
Intake/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 2, 2017
Its a high energy fast paced environment. Supervisory staff is extremely helpful and supportive. Its enjoyable in assisting others with their needs. I've learned how to deal with many individuals from different backgrounds and cultures. The workplace is typically busy and joyous.
Pros
free lunch served
it is a small work place has tasty foods.
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 21, 2017
I am currently working at jack in the box and i am not happy there. Jack in the box has lots of problems, but the main problem for me is the amount of hours i get, it is super low i need more hours to help out my mom with the bills.
Pros
free launches
Cons
lots of fights happening
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 7, 2017
I was a volunteer, i would drive around and help people in need. I would unload the truck and give them food. I saw the difference on peoples face how much it helped
It a badic warhouse labor job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 1, 2017
Simple easy to learn job basically you are doing warhouse work physical labor sorting items that people that don't get old and to see it that have bren damage or open
Excellent Workplace with a Great Mission
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2017
During my three years at the Food Bank for the Heartland I worked in several positions and found the employees throughout the company to be among the most likeable, driven individuals it has ever been my pleasure to work with. I genuinely enjoyed coming in to work, and knowing that I was contributing to their goal of ending hunger in the state of Nebraska and western Iowa.

Their hourly wages tend to be on the low side for a given type of position, as is common with nonprofits, but this is made up for by an excellent benefits package including fully paid health coverage.

Management are the best team I have worked with, and all are approachable and warm, up to and including the CEO. They genuinely listen to their employees and care about them.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Very nice and friendly atmosphere
Shopping and Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 21, 2016
I enjoy working here. I just wish it was a permanent position. My co-workers are great. I love working with our partner agencies and they are all wonderful people to get to know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2