Food City

Food City United States Employee Reviews

Loving place to work. The reason I still work there!
Floating Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 18, 2015
I have never met such a "Team" as a workplace. No one is ever left on their own to do a hard task. Love my workplace and the people I work with!
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Seymour, TNApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Food City. I was able to accomplish a lot while I was employed there. The work load was strenuous, but rewarding at the same time. I would recommend this place as a future employment venture for anyone.
Great opportunity and excellent learning experience
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Marion, VirginiaApril 15, 2015
Excellent customer service work and great opportunity for a first job.

Assisted in quick and efficient checkout service of customers
o Provided carry out service
o Conducted price checks, take "return" products back to proper shelf locations,
o Stocked and help maintain store shelves
o Fronted products and also helps any customers upon their need of assistance.
fun good people
COURTESY CLERK/STOCKER (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAApril 13, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad people
loved working here but needed full time and better pay to make a living.............................................................................................
productive work place working with people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), cedar bluff, vaApril 10, 2015
a typical day at work for the first year was bagging groceries and I also was a cashier. after the first year I became a manager and was in charge of the cashiers and baggers giving out teels dealing with money. I learned to open and close the store count the teels and to run the shift. as a member of management I think we did a fair job in the facility. I got along with all the coworkers we worked well as a team. hardest part of the job was not receiving enough hours and having to keep all the work stations clean. the most enjoyable part of the job was also dealing with all the people.
good company
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Gatlinburg, TNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: team work and communication
learn new fast tracks and was always informed of updates w departments Good communication w staff and management. everything was good about working for this company and w the staff. knowledge on benefits and job traing was well.
food city is a great place to work for people that don't enjoy physical work
Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Big Stone Gap, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: need's more of an physical aspect
clock in, prep for the day , clean dept,assist customer's. I did learn how to manage people correctly I do love people. Co-worker's all different and great in their own way. Not as physical of a job that I like but still a good job.Most enjoyable all the people you get to interact with an have a chance to make them smile.
Typicall blue-collar job
Fuel Clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Management have been gracious on me working with being a full-time student. I travel 45 minutes to school five days a week. I am involved with two choral ensembles which require requesting off one day or a weekend. The hardest part of the job was communication between fuel clerks and assistant store management. Specifically on requesting work orders for equipment to be fixed or following procedures such as requesting change or delivering cigarettes orders. Recently, my hours have been cut, and I am only available to work weekends due to my school schedule.
Fun workplace
Front End Manager/Cashier (Current Employee), Greeneville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Getting paidd weekly
Cons: Not enough pay
A typical day at work is having great conversations with strangers, regular customers, and coworkers. I learned when a customer has had a bad day, that a simple small can cheer them up. Our management team at Food City is great, and all the coworkers are. I have made many lifelong friends. The hardest part of the job is when our systems go down, and customers get aggravated with us. The best thing about my job is meeting new people, and putting a smile on my customers' faces.
dairy manager
dairy manager (Former Employee), harlan kyMarch 8, 2015
worked there during high school and a lil after .. Learned a lot about the grocery business and about how it works. How to order departments and also butcher
Food City Day Stocking 101
Day Stocker (Current Employee), Bristol, VirginiaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch break and worked every other day usually
Cons: worked every weekend, holidays
My typical day at Food City was just coming in and blocking aisles 1 through 15 then stocking the shelf with bulk products. I did learn some valuable information like how to build displays and end caps which also requires to know the products height and shelf so there is not much room to make them look fuller. I had some of the best co-workers to work along side that someone could ask for except one or two but that is with every job. The hardest part of my job was if the manager before i came in didn't run any of the bulk products so that left me with extra work and i sometimes had to stay a couple hours extra but i don't mind that because its extra money it just also happened when i had plans was usually when i had to work over. The most enjoyable part of my job was just working with my co-workers they really made it a great atmosphere and comfortable to work with them.
Friendly place to work if you enjoy working with people
Cashier (Former Employee), Pennington Gap, VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good for students in high school or college looking for part time work
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day here would be ringing up peoples groceries and being on your feet all day. Co workers are friendly. Being on your feet all day is he hardest part of the job.
Fast Paced
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Newport, TNFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: one member of upper management
This employer was fast paced and offered room for advancement. In three years I went from a cashier to front end management. The hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult upper management. The best part of the job was the environment.
Productive and fun work place with good people.
Meat Sales Clerk (Current Employee), PhoenixFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks
Cashier with cash debit,credit,ebt. I learned how to count down a register and do transactions with different payment methods. Management is good and is fair with their employees. My co-workers are great to be around. Hardest part of the job is checking counterfeit bills. Best part is assisting the customers.
fun place to work
administrative assistant (Former Employee), strawberry plainsFebruary 6, 2015
Account receivables and payables, technology skills, e-mail usage and operations, maintaining adequate amount of office supplies, time management, problem solving skills, great writing skills, proofreading, and filing.
A great place to gain experience with opportunities for advancment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), White Pine,TNFebruary 3, 2015
Food City is provides a good work environment for all associates. I have advanced quickly and have enjoyed being a part of the Food City family.
Safe and Flexiable Schedule
Cashier (Current Employee), Marion, VAJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoy working at Food City. The employee and the supervisor are friendly.
Pretty monotonous and the management was terrible.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: my friends worked there and hey money
Cons: everything else
The managers would write you up for texting and then when they had a chance they would be texting their boyfriends and whatnot.
Cake Decorator/Closer (Current Employee), Loudon, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: part time hours
I love working at food city but they only hire part time workers.
Good place to work/ hard hours for early morning school
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bristol, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: late nights for highschool
Stock/rearrange items, front items, teamwork, a good structural place, hardest part of the job was while I was in high school and sick with gallbladder dysfunction the late nights such as 2-2 and than wake up at 7 for school was hard. Good friend ships made here

1 2 3 4 5

About Food City

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more

Food City Salaries