Food City Employee Reviews

served its purpose
REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJuly 16, 2017
I have worked at Food City for 3 years while going to college.
I have learned how to treat others... good and bad.
There needs to be a little more organization.
The hardest part of the job is when other employees don't pull their share of the load.
The most enjoyable part of the job, the customers. I love the interaction with the customers, talking to them, helping them find what they need.
Overall it has been a good place to work at and flexible with my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible with school schedule.
Cons
There needs to be training on how to make a schedule.
Fast paced, can be hard working, but not good pay at all.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  K-VA-TJuly 16, 2017
Wasn't worth working there. I've put in so much hard work into somewhere so small and got nothing but bad pay, when I could have gotten paid better for the hard work I enjoy putting in.
Pros
15 minute breaks, 1 hour lunch, unlimited bathroom breaks. All I can really say.
Cons
Short breaks.
Flexible work schedule and fun employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 13, 2017
Being a cashier for the company was alright. Main point was the ability to have a flexible work schedule. There was no stress and the conversation with the customers was always very interesting.
Great management and fun loving people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 12, 2017
I love this place but they they do not pay fairly based on people who have been there for a long time and have many skills. .
Pros
Community service hours
Cons
bad pay
Great company, secure job, easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 9, 2017
Would love to have continued working here unfortunately I moved. It's easy work, made a lot of friends, looked forward to work, good benefits and great job
Pros
Cons
Pay isn't high
Friendly place but under staffed
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJuly 7, 2017
I enjoy the job and have made friendships I will cherish forever. The store is under staffed causing current employees to work longer, harder hours. The job keeps you busy and usually makes your shift go by pretty quickly.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
under staffed
Nice customers, no room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 30, 2017
Overall, the job wasn't too bad. I enjoyed cashiering to an extent, and the customers were nice for the most part. I passed my pharmacy tech course while there, but they would never place me in that dept.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No advancement
Why I quit
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 29, 2017
As a Courtesy Clerk, there were different requirements to be a part of the job. One of them was to be outside moving carts. But when you were outside for more than 3 hours of your 8 hour shift. It really does beat down on you mentally and physically especially when it's above 110 degrees. I would go inside occasionally and get water and get questioned as to what I'm doing inside. Plus the uniform that was required was to wear a white shirt that would easily get dirt, long black slacks, and black shoes. Even though the job did suck, there were benefits of it, having awesome co-workers along the way that made the job fun and had me going to work each and every singl day.
Pros
Free Water, Free Hats and Aprons.
Cons
Being outside for so Long
Lots of work not enough help
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 29, 2017
Good place if you need hours. Bad management and no help whatsoever. Night crew always gets blamed if something isn't completed/done correctly. No lunch.....even if you work over 8 hours
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No lunch, no teamwork
Meat Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJune 29, 2017
Food city is a good place to start a career for young people that need a job to start their lives after they get out of school.

There is a lot of different types of jobs they can pick from.
Pros
They have free food once or twice a year.
Cons
Their pay and inshurance could be better.
Its really good for people that are going to school and don't need a full-time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 27, 2017
I loved it there but I didn't make enough money I needed full-time and not part-time.... And its really hard to get moved up their. I felt like guys could only get moved up management wise because they always had excuses for when girls wanted to.
Pros
Really good part time job
Cons
Health care and money
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
All my co-workers and I got along well, time went by very fast and I was excited to go work everyday. We got to know all our customers to the extent that we already knew what they were looking for.
Kind souls stuck in a hole
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  East Ridge, TNJune 23, 2017
Everyone enjoys you if you stick to your guns, and when you do more than what is expected of you. Everyone in this store has a heart of gold, but unfortunately they work for a company who doesn't care about whether you're there or not.
Pros
Fast-paced
Cons
Corperate
Very Drama filled
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJune 22, 2017
The Managers thought of you as a number. Not ever a person especially when you were sick! I loved the customers because I'm a friendly person. The store manager was very rude!
The best part
Food City, Human Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 20, 2017
The best part of working for Food City is the people. Associates, customers alike are very friendly. Everyone works hard, and works together to get things accomplished.
nonproductive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNJune 20, 2017
I learned a lot on how to cook, I loved the customers that would come in and ask for my assistance. Everyday when I would come in I would immanently wash my hands. I would see what has been made and if there were any customers that needed help. I would prepare rotisserie chickens, cook food, wash dishes, clean my work area, cut meat and chesse, also help customers with dinner trays. The hardest part of the job was how there was no team work and, all the drama. The best part was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
they give you two 15 min breaks for free.
Cons
no team work
Productive workplace
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 20, 2017
It was a pretty good job while being in school. Worked well with my school schedule and had short convenient shifts. I would recommend this job to someone if they were looking to start working for the first time.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Pay and uniform
good job if you're in high school/college
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harriman, TNJune 19, 2017
Pretty nice place to working if it is your first job if you're in high school or college. Stress free workplace. Easy job tasks and after you've been there for a while it can be tedious.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Gets old after awhile
great
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNJune 19, 2017
Food city was great because the job was never too stressful, and managers were great and the people i worked with and assisted were very nice and helpful.
Pros
3 breaks
Fun but exhausting
Courtesy Clerk/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2017
Very fun, other coworkers make the day go by fast.
Some managers need to understand what their employees are trying to do and help with.
Managers will over use their power
Pros
Snacks
Cons
managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food City. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval