Food City Employee Reviews in United States

Bakery Deli Life at Food City
Bakery Deli (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 6, 2016
Cake Decorator /Deli Morning Shift I Did Learn alot Making Flowers ,Sliced Meat ,Making bread ,Cooking etc Management was good at being and then it became rough will Explain Co workers were Really really good friends and still are and Hardest part was Being at Cake Decorator and Meat Slicer all in the Same days Most enjoyable part Was Making Friends and the Customers
Pros
Cookouts, Free Tickets to Dollywood and Ripleys, Healthcare
Was okay summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYApril 30, 2016
I worked for food city over a summer. It was an alright place to work for the time being. Worked as a cashier so was pretty standard, stand all day check people out. Good thing is you get to meet lots of interesting people to chat with, bad thing you have to stand all day. My food city was open till midnight so often I was there super late and that wasn't very pleasurable for me.
Pros
Lunch time, leaving for the day, okay pay
Cons
bad hours, non caring management, standing all day
Treat employees with respect
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  TennesseeApril 23, 2016
Enjoyable workplace, great store managers, friendly co-workers, excellent training program, care about your particular needs, like a second family
The most enjoyable part of the job
Courtesy Clerk, Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85203April 20, 2016
Interacting with co-workers and helping clients to find certain items, and offer great customer service because my priority has always been the customer above everything else.
Easy, slow paced.
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAApril 8, 2016
The job was pretty straight forward. The hours varied. Management was never behind their employees. If the management team didn't like you, they found a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Easy, fun work environment
Cons
Management their employees, low pay
Poor hours and management
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 30, 2016
You're lucky to get 15 hours a week and the management does nothing but discredit and belittle you. They give the hours to their selected favorites, but when those people show up, they don't actually have to work. They get to just stand around and take 15 smoke breaks in 2 hours.
I was a front in manger
Front In Manager (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAMarch 26, 2016
My duties here were bank deposits, scheduling, cashing checks, money orders, lottery, assisted cashiers when help was needed, I also helped train new employees.
Pros
Enjoyed being front in manger
Cons
Too far from home
Restaurant type environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 24, 2016
Very demanding job, need to work well under pressure. Have to work very quickly and efficiently.Coworkers are great to work with. Must love cooking and interacting with customers. A very hands on job. Hardest part of the job is when coworkers call in and we are short hand. You have to step up and basically work the job of two. Very fast paced jo.b
very fun place to work great people
Cashier Night Stock Day Stock Frozen/Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYMarch 20, 2016
Management is really easy going. Good to work with on schedule if needing time off. They mad job as easy as possible to do.
Pros
schedule and work hr
Cons
pay not that good
Night stock.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, KYMarch 19, 2016
It is a fun and easy job. Highly recommended to high school students or college students.

Didn't really learn much, Besides opening a box and putting food on the shelf.

Management was excellent and knows how to treat there workers.

my co-workers was really close to each other and they all treated each other with respect and always helped you when needed.

There isn't anything hard about night stock.

Breaks.
Pros
Paid a little bit more.
Cons
None.
Excellent first job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included cleaning my register, helping assist customers in finding things throughout the store, and handling money.
My job experience with Food City was an over-all good experience.
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNMarch 16, 2016
Enjoyed working with public,getting more experience on office workings and daily reports. Store management was helpful and gave me several opportunities to advance my position. Co-workers were mostly great to work with; however dealing with some of our younger associates could be trying at times, but I just had to remind myself that most of them had never been employed before. I enjoyed developing lasting friendships co-workers and customers.
Ssetting up the Seafood Department
Cashier/ Seafood Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYMarch 13, 2016
i really loved my job ..I had to be there at 8 am set up all of the bar fish do salads. customer service with the customers which i loved m customers .. I loved the co workers some of the best people you could work with .. The management was fine except when it came to your family. they had no care for them at all. The hardest part of my job was being in o degree coolers for hours putting up seafood that weight about 60 pounds and as a woman that is 56 years old that was NOT my job description.. I was hired only for customer service to sell to customers and told I would have help setting up the bar and with lifting more than 50 pounds.. I lost 170 lbs in 7 months. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers.. and they loved me..
Pros
Good Family atmosphere
Cons
Do not give correct job descriptions
good place for a first job
Frontend Manager/Computer Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAMarch 6, 2016
the job itself was not a bad job I actually enjoyed it. the store I worked at I did not like at all. there was poor management.
Deli/Deli Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYFebruary 29, 2016
If you are looking to work in the grocery business, Food City is a good place to work. You will stay busy and learn a variety of skills.
Not the best place to work
Assistant Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 28, 2016
Everyone for the most part is nice. However the company as a whole is very greedy. they dont care much about people outside of the workplace
The work was fun and engaging
Floral Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 27, 2016
The job was wonderful. The day to day working with co workers was very appealing as well. The pay as a manager leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Pay
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYFebruary 26, 2016
They are very flexible with scheduling. Great place to work for a young person. Good work enviroment, clean store, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short Shifts
an alright place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oliver Springs, TNFebruary 25, 2016
it wasn't too awful, but the management definitely could have been better. very high school-ish. you would never get your break when designated and the managers would take extremely long breaks, send you home early because they didn't send you on a break you were supposed to get paid for....
good
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 25, 2016
great place to work.many opportunities good bennefits no pressures but the work hours is something kind a good.grat bosses great place to learn
Pros
everything good
good