Food City

Food City Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Dairy Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 23, 2015
I work very hard at what I am doing and I pride myself on getting my job duties done. I am dependable and a very hard worker. I am willing to work overtime if it is rendered.
Pretty good place to work for.
Bakery/Deli Associate/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halls, TNNovember 18, 2015
Preparing, cooking, baking, decorating food for customers, bagging groceries, unloading groceries into customers cars, helping customers with purchases they make.
Pros
Getting free tickets to Dollywood and Ripley's Aquarium
Cons
No discounts on any store merchandise you have to pay the same price as everyone else for items
Enjoyable work enivorment.
maintenance worker (Current Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYNovember 16, 2015
Basically keep store clean and help stock. Good job besides the amount of hours. I only get around 20 hours a week. Everyone is friendly and helpful who works there. I do not find anything particularly hard about this job. The easiest is just keeping things clean. I stay busy so the work load does not pile up.
Pros
Good work enivorment
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
This is an average work environment.
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dandridge, TNNovember 9, 2015
I somewhat enjoy going to work, but most days when I have to work, I dread waking up in the morning and I feel like I cannot enjoy the rest of my day because I know I have to work. There are certain older ladies that I work with that are very rude and hateful. I am respectful towards them, but they are just plain rude. There are several people who just like to start drama for no apparent reason. I came here to work, not to make friends or start drama. Although there are occasions when I do enjoy going to work, it just depends who I am working with that day.
Productive work place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 5, 2015
It is a great environment to work in, the customers are friendly and I enjoy working with my employees. I have grown so much from working here I have better customer service skills, also able to work in a fast pace. We have very supportive management, any problems we have we can always count on our managers.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
too many workers
Good place to work for
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 2, 2015
Food City was a very good company to work for. They always promoted from within the company first. Management always helped when needed on the floor.
Pros
promoted from within company
Cons
no cons
Crazy bunch to work with. Always laughing
Non-Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYOctober 30, 2015
Boss is a great guy to work for, caring, considers others first. Great place to work. Good company to work for just couldn't get enough hours.
Pros
family enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
work in deli bakery and aid customers
deli bakery worker (Current Employee) –  Newport, TNOctober 27, 2015
I enjoy working with my colleagues and learning how to do my job .I have made some friends and look forward to working with them.
Very friendly people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNOctober 25, 2015
I learned how to talk to people more. The management were really friendly, loving people. I hated to leave them. The hardest part was pushing a large amount of buggies inside. Most enjoyable, the people I work with. I get along with everyone.
Pros
Lunch break and short breaks
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Boring, with nothing to do most times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work included standing at the end of the register waiting for customers to come through the line, and straightening the shelves around the register. I learned how to handle money and cash checks. There was only a few co-workers that i actually enjoyed to talk to. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, and not getting enough hours of work throughout the week, and not having anything to do but stand around and wait for something to do.
Pros
Had an hour lunch
Cons
Didn't get a lot of hours. Not a lot of things to do while working
productive and fun workplaced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 21, 2015
Typical day at work involves interacting with customers, fulfilling their wants and needs. Management and co-workers are great to work with. Management is very involved and very flexible. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and/or impatient customers. Most enjoyable part is also interacting with customers.
Pros
very flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Deli Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNOctober 21, 2015
Prep work and operated a computer system to itemize and complete an average of number customer purchases and also worked with great people.
Pros
free sushi
Cons
Fun, worked with friends from school.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYOctober 21, 2015
Fun work environment, loving co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is when the store gets busy and workers have called in meaning you have less help up front.
Most enjoyable part is having a lot of other employers to talk to.
Pros
A lot of hours.
Cons
Work can get boring
Cashier/Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAOctober 20, 2015
Co-workers are fun and happy to be around
great managers,
great customers,
clean store
most enjoyable working with customers
Front End Manager
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TennesseeOctober 14, 2015
I worked for this company while living in Sevierville, Tennessee and it was a very good job. I started out as a cashier and moved into a position of Front End Manager before I left.
bad
Courtesy Clerk/Night Stalk (Current Employee) –  Rogersvile TNOctober 7, 2015
The management will not work with you. and they like to play favorites. They also like to hire way to many people at one time which intern cuts everyones eles hours
Fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, VAOctober 6, 2015
I learned the typical work ethics, and working in the public can be difficult at times. Sticking through making the customer happy was my goal
good break room
Cashier (Current Employee) –  galtinburg tnOctober 2, 2015
Foodcity is a great place for a first job. They work with you in anyway that they can.They are great people. They let you of when ever you need but you can only miss six days. they do note let you of with an doctors note
Pros
you get an hour for lunch and you get to work with great people
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gray, TnSeptember 28, 2015
Enjoy working with the public and meeting new people each day. Management is awesome to work for and co workers are also. Absolutely love being able to train new cashiers and see their accomplishments.
Pros
wonderful working environment and management and coworkers
Cons
Salary is low and only offers part time for cashiers
GOOD TEAM, AND MANAGER.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Luis, AZSeptember 21, 2015
RECIBING ALL COSTUMER TO PAY THEIR PRODUCTS, OFER THE PROMOTIONS, HELP FOR ANY QUESTION ABOUT OUR SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS, I LEARN TO GIVE MY BEST EFFORT TO T HE COSTUMERS,
Pros
GOOD MANAGER, AND CO/WORKERS