Food City

Food City United States Employee Reviews

Drama Filled,
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Wilton, MEAugust 13, 2014
Pros: easy scheduling, vacation time, lunches, frequent breaks
Cons: no chance for raises/advancement
You work with the same people every day, there are cliques, and it is like being in middle school. There are good things, the customers can be really nice and bring a smile to your face, which makes going into work every day a little bit easier. Management doesn't want to be management and tells every one that will listen that. It is not a bad place to start out, but there is no chance to advance or get better. You do not want to be a lifer here.
The whole place is like high school all over again.
Floral Helper/Video Helper (Former Employee), Kingston, TNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: you get paid every week.
Cons: requesting days off or certain work hours is difficult, members of mange meant are also somewhat immature.
How your work day went often time depended on who was your manager. In management there are some individuals who are more mature than others. Each department of the store had different ways are requesting time off so they were not always very good at working with you when it came to scheduling. This is a work environment full of mostly teenagers and young people so they are almost always hiring due to the high turn over rate. If you ware looking for a long term job then I would suggest somewhere else but if you need a job for the money till you get that better job then this place will work.
great place
Overnight Clerk (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
A general night would consist of me stocking all merchandise in the right place in a short amount of time while setting up displays.
Excellent job with close bonds and cooperation
Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee), Independence, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, skill building
Cons: lack of proper tools to do job more efficiently
A typical day at work at Food City included unloading stock from the delivery truck, doing inventory, and stocking items on the shelves with the overflow going back into the freezer in an organized manner. I learned how to be a leader and how to efficiently utilize my time in order to achieve the best results. Management was very involved in ensuring the best work environment was provided. My co-workers were all willing to help one-another regardless of the department. The hardest part of the job was maintaining proper inventory for seasonal changes, though this was compensated for by experience and preemptive actions. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to work every day with people I considered family and interacting closely with customers to help best meet individual needs.
Fun place with great co-workers
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, great managers.
Cons: busy holidays
Great first job made really good friends there and was always kept busy. I learned great customer service skills and how to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment. Co-workers and managers were great to work with, only had one bad experience with one of the managers, but definitely had more good times than bad times. The hardest part of the job was the fast pace environment, which was not very hard to accommodate to. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to work with good friends any shift.
My job is never the same, and new customer service skills are required everyday.
Cashier/Trainer of new Cashiers (Current Employee), Dandridge, TNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday.
Cons: long and late hours, pay isn't that great for the experience i bring in my position.
I really like working with the public, but miss the office environment. I work really late hours while going to school, however, I don't call-in and I'm rarely ever late. I train the new employees, help oversee the baggers and their job performance, handle customer complaints, if there isn't a solution I can provide I forward to the appropriate manager who can.
Front end clerk/ computer room operator
Front End Clerk (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 14, 2014
When I first started I got hired on as a cashier. I greeted customers, rang up grocery transactions, helped keep front end clean, watched over the self checkout podium, ran the service desk and ordered certain items for inventory. Now I work in the cash office balancing the safe and balancing tills. I have greatly enjoyed my co-workers and management was always very flexible with my needs.
Loved This Job
FLM/CASHIER/GAS N GO/VIDEO (Former Employee), Kingston, TNJuly 8, 2014
Cons: under train you.
Great grocery store. Managers willing to work with difficult schedules. Clean atmosphere.
My time at Food City was enjoyable and stress free. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Scanning Coordinator, Bookkeeper, Cashier (Former Employee), Middlesboro, KYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers and customer service. no taking the job home.
Cons: no health benefits
At the position I left the company, Scanning Coordinator, I worked independently making sure prices were clearly marked and correct, as well as scanned with the correct information, as changes occurred. Working with outside vendors ensuring the product they brought into the store matched inventory lists as well as displayed neatly. Overseeing staff in assisting with price changes and pulling items to validate scanning through cash register was the hardest part of the job due to relying on others to pull the items to be scanned. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and co-workers. Management gave clear instructions as to what was needed and required of me with a reasonable time frame in which to complete the job.
very creative envioroment
Baker (Current Employee), Livermore Falls, MEJuly 3, 2014
Pros: very creative envioroment
Cons: not enough hours
The management staff encourages creativity of creating new products to be sold to our customers.
Food City
Fuel Clerk (Former Employee), Whitesburg, KYJune 26, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: your not allowed to be 'considered' full time
I only worked for a short amount of time, but during my time my coworkers made me feel very much welcome
It was my 1st job when I was 16 soI think it would be a greatt starter job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJune 25, 2014
I ran the cash register, cleaned my station, counted money. the hardest part is defintely cleaning the bathrooms.
Great stores to work for.
Stocker (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJune 6, 2014
Hours are great for college students. Most jobs are flexible in the hours in all departments.
Productive, busy days, always staying busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Vansant, VAJune 4, 2014
A typical day at work would be ringing up groceries, busy most of the time. I have learned how to deal with money and be responsible, and also learned how to talk to people . Management was strict and that was because most co-workers were lazy and didn't want to do their job. To me it was a good thing they were strict. The hardest part of the job was bending down or lifting things most of the day. The most enjoyable was talking and getting to know my customers.
A very relaxed place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Pine, NCMay 27, 2014
Western Sizzlin is a locally owned restaurant with a very casual environment. The owners are very nice and very easy to work for.
It was awful
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 24, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Food City is the WORST place to work. At the location I worked at had horrible management and trashy people everywhere I looked. All of it just sucked.
A very diverse place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 21, 2014
Pros: meet new people everyday.
Cons: short breaks and insurance premiums to high.
Food City is a place to meet many different people. It has great management, but no back-up. The customer is always rite, even when they are not rite. A lot of standing, but overall a great place to work.
it was a fun, productive work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYMay 13, 2014
A typical day at the day care was going in and getting things set up before the kids arrived. I learned so much about each & every child i took care of, the kids were amazing & i fell in love with them all. My management was good. The hardest part of this job was when it was time to leave. The most enjoyable part was getting to see all the loving, smiling faces every day.
Cashier (Former Employee), Gatlinburg, TNMay 13, 2014
This job was the best thing for a high school student. it gave you gas money to run with your friends and eat out. they would work with your school hours
great for kids
Day Stocker (Former Employee), Maynardville, TNMay 5, 2014
Pros: benifets
Cons: part time
unloaded trucks, stocked merchandise, at my store poorly managed, you have to be the bosses buddy to advance

About Food City

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more

Food City Salaries