Food City

Food City Employer Reviews

Fun workplace, just repetitive.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 8, 2014
Fun work place, but if a routine gets to be annoying for you, this job isn't for you. Great work place, great coworkers, good management. Easy to advance.
First Job
Bagger (Former Employee), Blountville, TNApril 6, 2014
Pros: paid fifteen minute break, hour lumch break
Cons: terrible weather conditions, rude customers on occassions
My experience with this local grocery store chain was short, but it was not a half bad job. It kept me busy when I was not doing something with the school band. They did a fair job with me, considering that I was still a high school senior, got through a little bit of my college career, but the hours were always limited due to my studies. I went out – more... on a bad note, but the job was hard work. – less
Great job for students
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 2, 2014
If you're in school and need a way to make some money, Food City is a great place to work. They always tried to work with my schedule and were very accommodating.
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk/Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Church Hill, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: good working environment, flexible schedule
Cons: can be hard to advance, sometime not enough hours available
It is a good place to work, but sometimes hard to advance. It is a good working environment and a flexible schedule, but sometimes working hours are scarce.
Lots of work, no help
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: independent work environment
Cons: no help
It was very hard to get everything without help you were on your own in your area.
Productive. Great first job.
Assistant Stock Manager (Former Employee), Hazard, KYMarch 23, 2014
Easy going managers. Good shifts. Decent lunch breaks. Great pay. Friendly staff.
fun place to meet new people
Bagger (Former Employee), Middlesboro, KYMarch 22, 2014
Pros: new friends
Cons: short breaks
people I worked with was into sports and things I liked. if we was not busy or had free time we would tell jokes or talk about which sports teams we liked.
All of the associates are great and easy to work with.
Courtesy Clerk & Cashier (Former Employee), Paintsville, KYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great associates and great managers.
Cons: schedule was never always the same.
When I clock on I would sign on to the register, check out any customers that are there waiting. Then found out my chores for the day and continue with my work.
my review
cashier (Former Employee), Jonesborough, TNMarch 16, 2014
its a great first job. Teaches you job responsibility. The managers are ok and the co-workers are awesome. Its also nice to see returning customers all the time you feel like you know everyone on a personal basis..
back office computer work
cashier and back office manager (Former Employee), Jonesborough, TNMarch 10, 2014
got paper work to record daily sales made of the previous day. made a deposite verified documents. ordered supplies
a challenging job with lots of learning
Cook/Shift Leader (Current Employee), Gray, TNMarch 7, 2014
I cook alot of different things each day. The biggest thing is chicken. I have learned how to make different kinds of sandwiches and other dishes. I get along with most of the coworkers I have. The hardest part of my job is the heavy equipment that i move and clean everyday
still the safety issue with this company
Bake/Cashier/Deli Line (Current Employee), Knoxville,TNMarch 6, 2014
like co workers, protective aprons and cover jackets, get to pick my schedule and hours
Not what I thought...
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
After working here for a month, I decided to resign due to the management being completely and utterly unreliable. I am in school and every shift they decided to give me was against my school schedule, and they knew it. The co-workers are great, and I met some pretty cool people. But management NEEDS to be fixed. They are also very avoiding when it – more... comes to talking about your current situation and not being able to cope with their given schedule. – less
Over seeing produce area, checking guidlines and proticalls
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, TNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: stable work schedule
Cons: pay wasn't high enough and beniefets was not worth paying for
I would go threw a checklist making sure everything has been done correctly. Placing orders for product and arranging shipments and checking inventory lists.
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short breaks
Open deli, pull out of date food from shelves, make a list of new foods to prepare and put out on shelves, serve food from the hot bar to customers, cut and meat or cheese for customers, help on the grill if needed, and clean the deli area as needed.
Fun Place to work with Co-workers and the public
Day Stocker (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of stocking shelves and rotating merchandise on the shelves. There was also some cleaning that had to be done, as well as assisting customers with their needs. I found the management and staff to be very helpful, enthusiastic and very diverse in their capabilities. The hardest part of this job was not being able to work – more... the amount of hours I needed to work. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the public, greeting customers, helping customer, etc. – less
A good company to work for.
Floral Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: a good place for advancement
Cons: floral delivery service
A good company to work for. A typical day was sometimes hectic,depending on what orders were needed.
I learned many skill involving floral arranging.
These management was on the whole knowledgeable and professional yet human. The hardest part of my job was keeping all of the merchandise looking great..
n/a
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), phoenix,azFebruary 18, 2014
I was 16 years old it was my first job. I loved most of my mangers and my some of my co workers. I really enjoyed my time there until I got laid off.
Review
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Whitesburg, KYFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of prepping areas for cake decorating. Making icing, and colors for the decoration. Stocking windows and floors with product. The management at the location I worked at was helpful, understanding, and patient. Co-workers at my location most was very kind and had a family atmosphere enjoyed being around them and working – more... with them. The hardest part of the job was some co-workers would not pull their own work load weight and some was rude to customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to use my imagination and working together with others. – less
Productive and a Learning environment
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: lunches, percentage
Cons: nothing
- bagging,cutting meat and helping customers
- how to become adversity
- very understanding
- loyal and willing to teach
- transferring from the front of the store to the back
- just working and closing and opening up the store

About Food City

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more