Food City

Food City Employer Reviews

Good if your standards are low.
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee), Cottonwood, AZOctober 9, 2013
Pros: friendly faces.
Cons: everything else.
It is a rather messy environment. Not as clean as it should be, not as welcoming or proffesionally approached as I would like.
good job for getting your foot in the door
duties, first and foremost assisting customers (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYOctober 8, 2013
Good hours, Easy to get along with everyone.
Good work environment.
Alot of Work
Bakery/Deli Helper (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYOctober 7, 2013
Not steady / set schedules unless you are a "favorite".
Management in the Deli is not fair.
Store management was good,
stable overall good place
Front end manager (Former Employee), Loudon, TNOctober 1, 2013
Pros: indoors, great coworkers, wonderful management
Cons: forced 1 hour unpaid lunch, difficult full time shifts if you have school age children
coworks are great as well as management. hours are hard with school age children. pay was decent.
Deli in store, 1hr. lunch, paid holidays for full time employees
Seafood Associate (Current Employee), Wise, VAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere, depending on your people skills
Cons: working in the cold most of the day
Set up meat and seafood displays. Stock all product in seafood cases on sales floor. In water and cold temperatures for most of the work day. Management is fun to work with, coworkers more fun depending on your people skills. The cold is the hardest part of the job. Talking to new people is the best part of the job.
workable environment
Night Clerk (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZSeptember 24, 2013
hardest part of the job was when the load was to big very time consuming. enjoy working with my coworkers they are very easy to get along with, most enjoyable part may be working with them. a typical night break down the load then spot it and last put it up.
decent place
Department Manager (Former Employee), Maynardville, TNSeptember 19, 2013
if you really want to make it a career you can. but mostly a lot of turn over of school kids. you can make decent money here though
My history
Culinary Arts Student (Former Employee), Damascus, VASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: lunch or diner break
I get there earlier then what I need to be and work non stop and I never give up. take your time but make sure you do it right the first time so you don't have to redo it if I did have to redo it I learn from my mistakes. Really good management. My co-workers were really happy with my work they never did complain about it and they loved the way that – more... I made the food for the costumers and for them. None I loved my work. To make the costumers happy and see them smile. – less
productive, good work invirment
stocker (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoy working with the people at food city. I have worked there for five years, I feel I could've got more raises then I did in five years.
stable secure job
Office Manager/Human Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Bluefield, VASeptember 11, 2013
Food City was a great place to work it was just time for a change.
Computer Room Operator at Food City
Computer Room Operator (Former Employee), Crossville, TNSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: loved what i was doing and work i did
Cons: no health or dental insurance, pay wasnt good
Food City was a alright place to work you had advancement to better jobs in the store, the pay wasn't so good, I learned good computer skills, customer service, employees were nice to be around and work with.
Enjoyed getting to know customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Harlan, KYSeptember 3, 2013
For the most part enjoyed my job. Some difficulty with schedual but otherwise not bad.
I enjoyed working in the retail food industry
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Cottonwood, AZAugust 27, 2013
Pros: learning how to prepare different items i was unaccustomed to.
Cons: the position started out as full time, then my hours were gradually cut to less than part-time
I enjoyed working for this company. I was able to learn a new skill, learned how to prepare some new items I was unfamiliar with. The most difficult part was the language barrier with the clientele, that being they spoke mainly spanish, so I had learn how to communicate in another language.
great work place
Courtesy clerk/ Sales clerk/ Stock clerk (Former Employee), Morristown, TNAugust 26, 2013
i learned alot at foodcity i gained very good customer service skills, i gained a great work ethitic
not a bad job
Cashier (Former Employee), Elizabethton, TNAugust 23, 2013
Pros: paid
Cons: short breaks, bad work hours
It wasn't a bad job it just didn't work with my sophomore year in high school. The job was in a safe environment but the management was difficult and not available most of the time. The people were nice but it was too much for me to handle while in school.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rogersville, TNAugust 21, 2013
Cashier duties were easy and shifts were not bad. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and managers.
It is a great company to get you started on a career
Front-End Manager/Cashier (Current Employee), Clintwood, VAAugust 16, 2013
In my typical work day, I manage the cashiers and carryouts. I make sure that they are each performing their duties while at work. I also take care of customer questions and concerns before deciding if a manager needs to be contacted.
Fun working environment
Deli Technician (Current Employee), Paintsville, KYAugust 15, 2013
My coworkers are the greatest and the most enjoyable part of my job. I love working in the public and creating relationships with my customers.
Love my Co-Workers
Deli Technician (Current Employee), Paintsville, KYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no discount for working there.
The job overall is very hectic and hard but without challenge I wouldn't learn anything more. I have so much respect for my co-workers they are always there to help you when you need it. Without people like that in a work place it would be like working with robots. This job has tested many things in me. I have grown so much because of this job. I will – more... miss my co-workers more than anything! – less
A great entry-level job that offers advancement opportunities and works well with scheduling, however does have its negative aspects.
HBC Coordinator (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 26, 2013
Pros: flexiable scheduling, great entry-level job to obtain work ethic and skills
Cons: not enough growth opportunities, underpaid for loyality to company, hard to advance to full time position
I have worked for Food City for seven and a half years. I started this job when I was in high school and because of their job security I chose to stay with the company and advance while I was furthering my education. However, they do not have me as a full-time employee due to the fact that I was in school. Recently graduated from college they know I – more... am seeking the start of a career elsewhere so they have not made me full time. My pay is good, but not compared to what it should be for the time period I have been with the company. I advanced from a cashier, to day stock position, to my current position of HBC coordinator. This job has allowed me to have exceptional customer service and communication skills as well as building great leadership qualities. I am able to have job knowledge in various positions to help as needed. This was a great job for me to obtain great job skills, but I am ready to find a company with better advancement and growth opportunities. – less

About Food City

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more