Food City Employee Reviews

Very productive work place
Pt. Cake decorator, pt cook (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 26, 2017
The job is very fast pace. You have be a fast learner and be able to adapt to any environment. You have to be a people's person, because you have all kinds of attitudes enter the store but you need to know how to deal with them.
Fun work place
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNMay 24, 2017
It's a great job and a fun work place everyone has a positive attitude and the managers are great they work around your schedule you get days off you need it's a great overall place
Fun environment and easy to get along with people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNMay 24, 2017
Food City is a wonderful company and I was so glad I was able to work with them. It was easy to make friends whether it be customers or co-workers. It was not hard work at all, it was just fun. People never cease to amaze you within a Food City store. Upbeat job makes for happier customers and employees.
Job was okay but only part time.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 23, 2017
No possibility of full time. Okay job if your looking for part time. The management is very bad doesnt seem like they care about there employees. Its an okay job.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Bad pay part time only
A weird place to work
PRODUCE HELPER (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 23, 2017
Lower Management personnel are the real hero's here. They always worked to protect and help their employees at least in my experience. where upper management seemed to function in a survival of the fittest type of situation, with the fittest being the one who could win the favor of the boss above them.
Good job to start as in high school.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seymour, TNMay 22, 2017
They have good pay, raises available each year. They are flexible with your school hours. The people i work with are great. Great place to work while in high school or college.
Good but no discount
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Harrison, TNMay 20, 2017
no discount for employees
the management is okay
the cash registers are not very convenient
the pharmacy is either too hot or too cold
the time clock area is way too small and crowded - only room for one person at a time to walk through
I left my job to be near family
florist (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNMay 17, 2017
I love the people I work for I love the people i help every day I just love the job..... my customers are my friends. I know what they want I know what they do not want.
Pros
the hugs and smiles I get
Cons
the fact that i left (to be with family)
Lacked management and advancement opportunities
Night Stock Manager; Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNMay 17, 2017
My review of my employment with Food City would be, negative due to minuscule communication, supervisors lacked in their responsibilities, and opportunities to better yourself and advance were few to none.
Good work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Williamson, KYMay 15, 2017
Started working here as a senior in high school and they have been very helpful with keeping me as a part time employee even while away at school. Great environment to work in for a first job.
Food City
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 14, 2017
Overall this job was a great learning experience and I made many connections from employees to customers. The hardest part of being in management was not only the little pay, but also some of the young employees we had. From working in management I learned many different skills from communication to balancing school and work.
Nice first job, willing to work with you
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2017
A typical day working at Food City is all about the customers and managing responsibilities as a manager. I've learned that everyone has a story and must be considered as a person. If someone has a problem, you must care for the problem and make sure when that customer leaves, they are happy. The hardest part of the job is when those days come along and nothing seems to go right, people can tell and then make rude comments, but for the days when you know you have done everything you can then the customers point it out, make it enjoyable.
Pros
Works with schedules, Nice people
Cons
Pay
courtesy clerk
COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNMay 12, 2017
Food city is a great place to work. There are so many great co workers. you learn so much while working there. it really is a good work environment. it is also a fun place to work
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Russellville, TNMay 9, 2017
I loved working at Food City. This was my first job while in High School. It couldn't have been any better. It was also a great learning experience for me.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
High stress job
Seafood Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work involves a lot of lifting, food preparation and cleaning/sanitation.
I have learned that no matter how hard one works, there will always be critics.
Management can be helpful at times but more often than not, will leave the responsibility to the employee.
Currently, there are a lot of unhappy employees who had worked for the previous owners.
The hardest part of the job is having to do it mostly by myself. There's hardly any help even when it had been asked for, which makes for an unenjoyable place to work.
mediocre
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oliver Springs, TNMay 2, 2017
It has been a long time since i have worked here but when i did they only hired teenagers (like myself at the time) and barely payed attention to work ethic, all managers for the front were enjoyable people and did their jobs well, mostly only had a problem with the bad hiring habits.
Pros
nice managers
Cons
hiring
It was ok
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2017
Typical day was fine. learned customer service communication skills. Management was cool only some managers tho. The store supervisors were ok. Hardest thing is when someone calls in and they dont replace the person for the day so your on your own with the whole store to handle. the most enjoyable part is that they have there own restaurant.
Pros
Not just in one place. Able to talk to all departments.
Cons
Clean bathrooms there always messy.
Okay place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYApril 30, 2017
It's an okay place to work. Some of the management was good, & some was not. But over all, it was an okay place to work as long as you can handle being around people of the community every day.
It is a good job to have for your first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, VAApril 28, 2017
I started off here as my second job. I treated it as my first job and have learned from it. The management was spotty only because they went through store managers like crazy. Having everyone leave left the store in a frenzy and left not knowing what to do most of the time.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lack of management
Terrible place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 27, 2017
They barely pay over minimum wage. They keep your hours averaged out so they don't have to pay you benefits. The customers are very rude and ungrateful. Management is a joke.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food City. Our community is ready to answer.