Food City

Food City Employer Reviews

my review
cashier (Former Employee), Jonesborough, TNMarch 16, 2014
its a great first job. Teaches you job responsibility. The managers are ok and the co-workers are awesome. Its also nice to see returning customers all the time you feel like you know everyone on a personal basis..
back office computer work
cashier and back office manager (Former Employee), Jonesborough, TNMarch 10, 2014
got paper work to record daily sales made of the previous day. made a deposite verified documents. ordered supplies
a challenging job with lots of learning
Cook/Shift Leader (Current Employee), Gray, TNMarch 7, 2014
I cook alot of different things each day. The biggest thing is chicken. I have learned how to make different kinds of sandwiches and other dishes. I get along with most of the coworkers I have. The hardest part of my job is the heavy equipment that i move and clean everyday
still the safety issue with this company
Bake/Cashier/Deli Line (Current Employee), Knoxville,TNMarch 6, 2014
like co workers, protective aprons and cover jackets, get to pick my schedule and hours
Not what I thought...
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything else
After working here for a month, I decided to resign due to the management being completely and utterly unreliable. I am in school and every shift they decided to give me was against my school schedule, and they knew it. The co-workers are great, and I met some pretty cool people. But management NEEDS to be fixed. They are also very avoiding when it – more... comes to talking about your current situation and not being able to cope with their given schedule. – less
Over seeing produce area, checking guidlines and proticalls
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, TNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: stable work schedule
Cons: pay wasn't high enough and beniefets was not worth paying for
I would go threw a checklist making sure everything has been done correctly. Placing orders for product and arranging shipments and checking inventory lists.
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short breaks
Open deli, pull out of date food from shelves, make a list of new foods to prepare and put out on shelves, serve food from the hot bar to customers, cut and meat or cheese for customers, help on the grill if needed, and clean the deli area as needed.
Fun Place to work with Co-workers and the public
Day Stocker (Former Employee), Pikeville, KYFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of stocking shelves and rotating merchandise on the shelves. There was also some cleaning that had to be done, as well as assisting customers with their needs. I found the management and staff to be very helpful, enthusiastic and very diverse in their capabilities. The hardest part of this job was not being able to work – more... the amount of hours I needed to work. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the public, greeting customers, helping customer, etc. – less
A good company to work for.
Floral Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: a good place for advancement
Cons: floral delivery service
A good company to work for. A typical day was sometimes hectic,depending on what orders were needed.
I learned many skill involving floral arranging.
These management was on the whole knowledgeable and professional yet human. The hardest part of my job was keeping all of the merchandise looking great..
n/a
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), phoenix,azFebruary 18, 2014
I was 16 years old it was my first job. I loved most of my mangers and my some of my co workers. I really enjoyed my time there until I got laid off.
Review
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Whitesburg, KYFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of prepping areas for cake decorating. Making icing, and colors for the decoration. Stocking windows and floors with product. The management at the location I worked at was helpful, understanding, and patient. Co-workers at my location most was very kind and had a family atmosphere enjoyed being around them and working – more... with them. The hardest part of the job was some co-workers would not pull their own work load weight and some was rude to customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to use my imagination and working together with others. – less
Productive and a Learning environment
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: lunches, percentage
Cons: nothing
- bagging,cutting meat and helping customers
- how to become adversity
- very understanding
- loyal and willing to teach
- transferring from the front of the store to the back
- just working and closing and opening up the store
Quick paste work enviorment
Cook (Current Employee), Prestonsburg, KYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: good customer service. good employees
Foodcity has good customer service. putting a smile on a customers face as u help them is what make the day.
I was the store baker
Baker (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 24, 2014
I loved my job but was in college and striving to do more and earn more money. I still stay in touch with my previous co workers and my supervisors..
Productive and eventful place to work
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJanuary 19, 2014
My duties were to close and open the store, give everyone their breaks, give everyone their checks and cash them, run customer service, deal with customer complaints, do safe counts, verify the money in the safe, and help cashiers and baggers when it starts to get busy.
Fair treatment with multiple opportunities
Cook (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: pay
The job in the kitchen is one with a set routine. Preparing the chickens to be cooked, preparing short order meal as ordered and cleaning of the equipment. The employees are friendly to work with.
bad job
Computer Room Operator (Former Employee), New Tazewell, TNDecember 30, 2013
Cons: plenty
Bad job, don't apply. Food city is a terrible place to work. It is the worst in grocery.
Good
Pharmacy Cashier (Current Employee), Maryville, TNDecember 7, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, getting breaks
Cons: short breaks, rude customers
I have learned from this job that customer service is an important part of anyone. I had the most enjoyment from meeting new people, but the hardest part of the job was getting all the people to leave with a smile on their faces. My co-workers were very nice in this job.
i liked working with employees and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Morristown, TNDecember 5, 2013
Pros: short work shifts good atmosphere
Cons: not enough money
i worked part-time management was good. everybody got along with one another.during the holiday seasons it was hectic
fun place to work
Assistant meat Manager (Former Employee), Chilhowie, VADecember 3, 2013
cutting meat managing employees
how to work with other people
having to work in the cold

About Food City

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more