Food For Thought is now hiring a Chef Manager
To run a functional and profitable café, and work to train and monitor all staff. To work with the building management staff to coordinate café operations, catered events and stations throughout the property. Also, to maintain the professionalism portrayed by the building management.
● Responsible for opening duties of café and maintaining adequate staff for daily service.
● Oversee and maintain appropriate food and beverages stock in café.
● See that any cleaning needs are met on a daily basis and that they are checked for satisfaction.
● Maintain the line throughout the day - checking for cleanliness, organization, quality and quantity of product and staff being ready to assist customers.
● Train new line staff on employee policies, customer service and overall operations.
● Responsible for monitoring staff behavior and discipline according to FFT policies.
● See that employees are doing a great job at meeting, and exceeding our customers needs.
● Responsible for completion of daily sales and expenditure reports.
● Maintain full responsibility for the restaurant at all times.
● Work together with General Manager to monitor staff completion of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
● Responsible for maintaining banks for all registers and satellite operations.
● Assisting General Manager with all new programs implemented to improve service, food and general performance of café.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Demonstrated experience in a high volume restaurant or upscale business and industry environment as a General Manager.
● Positive attitude and a team player.
● Bilingual skills in both English and Spanish a plus.
● Self-starter who possesses a "make it happen" attitude and demonstrates initiative.
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
● Ability to multi-task and be a creative problem solver.
● Hands-on manager. This is not an office based position.
● Ideal candidate will have a desire to develop skills and responsibilities within a growing organization and feel comfortable accepting increased responsibilities within 18-24 months.
Please apply by submitting your resume today. Thank you for your interest in working at Food For Thought!