Food For Thought Employee Reviews

The people are great
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2017
I was a server and only work on Friday nights. I had regular customers and enjoyed them very much. My co-workers were easy to work with and we had a great team.
Fast paced
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 10, 2017
It was a good starting barista position. Best part was that it was on campus and there was a constant flow of customers. I learned a lot from this job.
Productive place to work
Steward (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I really enjoyed cooking with this company everyone was very friendly I would return if I moved back to Illinois the pay was well
Food For Thought
Chef/Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2016
Take a trip to Food 4 Thought Cafe in Brooklyn and make your next meal a good one. Dine out in the open during Food 4 Thought Cafe's summer season when patio tables are available for use.

Prefer to dine from the comfort of your own couch? Swing by this restaurant for carryout, or have them come to you with delivery.

Get in and out of the car quickly with no-hassle parking located all around the restaurant.

Delicious food is never hard to find, but it is hard to find at the right price. Food 4 Thought Cafe is making it happen.
Very poor management.
Purchasing/Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Honor, MISeptember 19, 2016
A company with-out any direction. Upper management constantly changing their minds about issues at work. Very confusing and un-stable business. One owner wants to make lot of money and the other doesn't care about making money, but wants to save the world. products are over priced and they miss lead customers about their products.
Pros
Layed back atmosphere.
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, bad management
Productive and professional environment
Food preparation (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work. The management was very knowledgeable, will and eager to help. The production was well organized and the menu selection was well above average. Employees took much pride in preparation and completion of orders
cook, Prep cook
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILNovember 16, 2015
fast, straight forward work. Consistant, Professional. I learned the operation of catering the order of service and detail. Management was awesome and lead by example never asked one of something that they were not willing to do first.
Pros
Free lunch no real late late nights consist work
Cons
Had to call in for scheduling
Good People
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Honor, MISeptember 25, 2015
Many good people work here including the owners. I have learned much about our food chain starting with organic food and Non-GMO. Being a small company it's hard to get the distribution needed to grow at a steady pace.
Pros
Employers/Employees
Cons
No Health Care
Good culture standards, selfish leaders
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMay 12, 2015
The cultural standards the company strives for are commendable. Leadership, however, does not reflect these cultural standards in their actions.
productive and fun to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. They are a very well put together organization. I liked how professional they were and how the employees worked together as a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no cons
High End Catering / Scratch Kitchen
Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareApril 9, 2015
Prioritize all delivers and work jobs, such as hot and cold food, driving schedule, timing ect.
Delegate jobs to employee's as needed. Order food , paper products and beverages. Make sure day to day operations are executed properly.
Many subtleties of off premise catering things that are unique to the individual events.
Must be able to think on your feet and adapt to a changing situation. I have outstanding co-workers, they are dedicated, professional and always willing to help the team.
Last minute additions or changes to events.
Speaking with customers, getting feed back on the Job we are doing and exceeding expiations.
Pros
Fellow Empolyee's
Cons
Cut in Hours, No Breaks, No Health Care or Benefit's
It's just ok
Executive Chef - Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2015
it was an ok job, upper management plays a lot of games. Low pay, impractical processes. Co-workers tend to complain a lot, some people were good to work with, did not care for upper management tactics.
Its a waste of time to have meetings about job culture, if everyone is not required to follow those values.
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 26, 2015
From start to finish, you can clearly see who the hard workers were and all of the friends and family standing around slacking off.
Waitstaff are all down to earth. It's not a hard job, you do have to hustle, but its not very motivating when you see family members of staffing not lifting a finger. Staffing is unprofessional, impatient, and rude on the phone. Receiving most shifts is based on nepotism rather than how hard you work.
Pros
Great tips for part-time work.
Cons
Lots of nepotism
Great co workers
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, IllNovember 23, 2014
Working in catering was great. I got to meet awesome people and travel all around the city. I got to see all kinds of venues and weddings. The uniforms were comfortable. And it was a pretty busy and flexible schedule. You even get to met famous people.
Pros
Always busy, face pace envorinment
Cons
short breaks, sometimes didn't eat
Excellent food culture, Beautiful food presentations,
Off Premise Prep-Cook (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILOctober 23, 2014
Each time I work an event, l am highly impressed with the food I am presenting .
Pros
Exeriencing different cuisines
Cons
Attitudes
Summary
On Premise Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
Daily tasks involve creating a clean work space for catered events based on the location placed.
Pros
Innovative menus and venues
Fun place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJuly 17, 2014
I had co-workers that I could easily ask to repeat the instructions on a task they asked to do if I wasn't sure how to do the task. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was learning how to interact with customers.
Home based business
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJune 11, 2014
Sales vary season to season. Not a reliable income. Sales are good in the Thanksgiving and Easter seasons. Otherwise sales are slow.
Pros
Work from home on my own time
Cons
Unstable income
I gained valuable work experience from this intern position
Website Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 27, 2014
I met with the Executive Director weekly to get my assignments for the week and then used my laptop to work online on their site. I made changes by adding article content and updating categories and links on the site. I also created and posted new links and articles and done some graphic work for their site.
Rewarding to see people making positive changes for life
Nutrition and Wellness Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2013
Never the same, challenging and very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the positive changes clients were able to make in a relatively short period of time given the challenges we were addresing.
Pros
Self Employed
Cons
Must to everything yourself to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food For Thought. Our community is ready to answer.