Food for the Hungry Employee Reviews

I choose not to write a review
Regional Manager of Advocate Ministry (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2016
Excellent projects in developing countries. A great help to people groups needing clean water, schools for children and enthusiast Americans visiting regularly.
Pros
Youthful staff
Cons
a lot of turnover
Highly productive workplace with extremely positive attitude, and passion for work
Jr Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 4, 2014
Our department held daily meetings, to discuss what we were working on, and any blockers on our work that we have encountered. Everyone was encourage to lend a helping hand to those who needed it. FH overall promoted a positive workplace, that embraces interdepartmental communication and teamwork. FH is a place that knows family comes first, and is very open to the needs of its employees. Everyone I worked with was fantastic! There was never a bad day for anyone, because everyone who worked there, wanted to help FH make a difference in the world. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the communication between departments, as policies are not the same for everyone.

I really enjoyed the flexibility I had with my hours. There was never any pressure from other departments to get a project done. There was a high level of trust.
Pros
Showers (I ride a bike), 401k, Vending Machines, flexible hours, high amount of paid holidays, Chapel Service, Prayer Room
Cons
Great place to work. Great job with a great mission.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 31, 2013
I learned a lot about management styles at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the less fortunate.
Very interesting Organisation
Accountant and Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Zeway ProjectDecember 30, 2012
Work load
Good management system
Profession focus assignments
Pros
good organisation
Cons
nothing
Food for the Hungry is a faith-based international humanitarian non-governmental organization with evangelistic bias and fervor.
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SECURITY (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2012
One spends a typical day working for program proposals to seek funding mostly from USAID. This requires poring over data on human development indicators and country profiles and economic analyses in developing countries.

I learned the importance of in-house development tools for capacity building to include project partners and beneficiaries as well.

Management structure and rather complex with criss-crossing supervisory authority in diverse locations.

Unlike me, a Catholic, and the first black worker, all co-workers were fervent evangelicals and caucasian.

The hardest part of the job was work overload on account of several unfilled positions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was project site visits in Africa.
Pros
my supervisor, who was the vice- president, liked me personally. also, the work involved travels.
Cons
poor work/life balance