Food For The Poor Employee Reviews

Very Productive. Very Caring of their donors needs. Takes care of the needs of the poor.
Florida- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLJune 17, 2017
Built a relationship with donors on the phone daily and discussed where their money was going and how it was used. Performed data entry on a daily basis. Answered questions and help to resolve any issues they may of had. Gave them words of encouragement and prayer for situations they may have been facing in their lives. This is a Praying Ministry so that was very appropriate for this company. Traveled to different countries with these donors and gave them a visual of how their funds were handled. It also allowed them to get up close and personal and allowed the clients to thank the donors personally. The hardest part of this job was seeing the suffering of disadvantaged people.
Pros
Very fulfilling job for people that love to care for others. The ability to change peoples lives.
Cons
Not being able to help Everyone in need.
Bad work environment
Sr. Sales & Bookings Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Bad work environment. Alot of nepotism. Only family members gets management positions and get promoted even if they are not qualify.
Pros
A place to retire
Cons
No opportunity for growth
FFP is a Christian organization and my job is very rewarding. I enjoy the day to day interaction with my donors and praying for them.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 29, 2015
I like the fact that Food For The Poor is a Christian organization and encourages each employee to be part of the worship services held everyday. The company goes out its way to make sure we use our insurance and stay in good health. Employees have the opportunity to pray for the donors and each other as there are sometimes trials as we go thru life's journey.

Most times management is supportive but they are also no nonsense and it is all about the bottom line, reaching your goal, and the numbers. There is a decent amount of red tape, nepotism, and politics, but this is expected for an organization its size.
Pros
Good insurance benefits
Cons
Not much of an opportunity to advance within the organization
Advocate for the poor
Outreach speaker/advocate for the poor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Annual trips to the Caribbean to assess the immediate needs of the poor and then return to tell area churches and raise funds.
less than satisfactory
Fund raising /Speakers Bureau Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 28, 2014
micromanaged, participation in prayer time, comparison to other co-workers
Good Company
SPEAKERS BUREAU ASSIGNMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLNovember 2, 2013
Good company but little opportunity for advancement. The benefits are great and the staff are friendly with a positive work environment but the pay is low.
Spiritually Fulfilling
Campaign Advisor/Prayer Partner (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLAugust 19, 2013
Great place to work. As a non profit, you see where all the donations go towards helping the most destitute.
Pros
Full health benefits, dental, vision yearly bonus
Cons
no room for advancement, they rather hire from outside then promote within. Most Directors have post high school education.
Overall Rating *****. Good Benefits and Job Security
Coordinator  (Current Employee) –  Speakers BureauJuly 8, 2013
Excellent company to work with that support the poorest of the poor overseas. I have been working with Food for the Poor for over 12 years as coordinator in Speakers Bureau and this is an excellent non-profit organization.
A typical day I call churches throughout the country to solicit funds to support Christian Ministry. And the most enjoyable part is when I see happy faces by receiving food or shelter. And the hardest part is to make people believe about all that we do for the poor and make they to donate anything
to continue helping the poor.
Pros
what we do to help the poor is amazing.
Cons
Make people understand all what we do overseas for the poor.
Good Company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day at work is a normal day to day basis.

The most enjoyable part is enjoying your 2 week vacations.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
2 15min short break most be on the dot from start to finish