Food Lion Employee Reviews

Found 4,882 reviews matching the search
Unstructured.
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Havelock, NCJuly 23, 2017
Rules and directions change monthly, and they are slow to notify. The store is very under staffed and managers are too lazy to fill vacant spots with reliable workers.
grocery business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayes, VAJuly 22, 2017
Very fast and stressful pace. Must be able to keep up. Changing all the time but a great place to work. Associate are all ways great and easy to get along with
workplace
Front End Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29203July 22, 2017
This was a good part time job that I worked while in school.
I learned more about the balancing of an office and helping people become accountable to themselves and their work schedule.
The hardest part of this job was standing on a concrete floor for long hours. It leads to so many other medical issues
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and a diverse amount of cultures.
Pros
it was a opportunity
Cons
standing on the hard floor and specific color shoes not necessarily comfortable shoes for standing
Management favoritism, unfair treatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 22, 2017
solving problems helping customers
problem solving calming people down helping them out
management sometimes show favoritism
sometime get very busy with lots of different things going on
helping customers and meeting different people
Pros
meeting people
Cons
working most holidays
Terrible Company
Bagger/Quality Control/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 21, 2017
There were good employees at the store I worked at, but not long after I got there corporate decide to change everything. They cut out certain positions and overloaded full time employees with unrealistic tasks/expectations hoping they would leave to replace with part time employees. I sorta enjoyed the work I did as the two managers I worked under were actually good, but higher ups were not. There was a reason there was constant employee turnover there. I don't know much about benefits as I was not informed on a lot of them until I put in my two weeks.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Uncompetitive pay, bad corporate leadership, lack of care for employees, rawr
Good Company overall
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chocowinity, NCJuly 21, 2017
I worked with a great group of people. Most managers were very helpful and didn't load all the work on their employees. Onlly complaint is that its hard to get on as full time
Food Lion is great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2017
Food Lion was great, but sadly then had to go out of business and left me with no job. I had a great crew while working there.
Customers were pretty satisfied in my service there.
Pros
experience, hours
Cons
not enough hours
Fine place to work if its a starter job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJuly 20, 2017
Great management, friendly co-workers (usually) professional work environment, hardest part is having to stand in one place waiting for someone to come to your line as a cashier because they're not very busy.
Good workplace
Lead Stocker (Current Employee) –  Pageland, SCJuly 20, 2017
Great Job security and the company has good benefits and insurance with full time associates and part time associates get some benefits as well. Foodlion is a great company as a whole to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Grandy, NCJuly 20, 2017
Exciting work environment with great staff. Values customer satisfaction above all, gained very valuable experience that I believe will take me far in life and open up innumerable possibilities.
I loved working there
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCJuly 19, 2017
Showed me how good i work with the people and the public.I loved working there.The hours were ok but i didn't get no where near 40. The people i worked with was my age and i had a wonderful experience.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Didnt get any hours
Productive, Interactive workspace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 19, 2017
Overall working at food lion is fairly tolerable. Co-workers are often enjoyable. We may get a rush of customers from time to time, but workflow is pretty steady for the most part. The hardest part of the job I would say is being sure to satisfy every customers individual preferences, and needs. I also feel keeping up with sale changes, and what items are on sale is somewhat of a tough task. Also trying to find solutions when items on the sales floor are on sale, but are not programed in the computer system at sales price. I personally feel as if the management isn't always as fair to all employees as they should be. I feel as if some employees get more leeway, and have more opportunity to advance than others. What I have learned while working at Food Lion is that you should always try to stay positive no matter the situation. Anger and hostility will only make a situation worse. I've also learned to be patient with customer and co-workers while working here.
Pros
Somewhat flexible Schedule.
Cons
Low pay, Not always enough work hours.
Good for Student working part-time
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Henderson, North CarolinaJuly 19, 2017
I am a student, so I only work part-time so I don't get much hours but I enjoy it as my first job. My co-workers are pretty nice. It's very fast paced and you have to work well under pressure. The only downside is the work ethics of other departments, and there are no benefits (probably for me because I work part time). The breaks are very short for a 7 hour shift (which I work on the weekends)
Pros
nice employees
Cons
no benefits, short breaks, work ethics
Fun work place
Blocker/stocker (Current Employee) –  Robersonville, NCJuly 19, 2017
Go in is a joy
I learn how to read the bar codes
The management is such a joy to work with
The work place is so helpful with costumers everybody try to help
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Wasn't the best place to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 19, 2017
I didn't enjoy this Food Lion at this location which I won't mention.Of course back then, customer service was pretty bad and poor.I only worked for 2 days and I no one wanted to help.If you asked for help, they would catch an attitude.Nothing was enjoyable, the supervisor was rude, co workers was rude too.
Pros
Cons
Wasn't told how to do a certain task until I made a mistake, no one wanted to help
enjoyable and chalenging
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJuly 19, 2017
I was responsible for stocking baby supplies and checking out customers as the need arose. I worked the over night shift and evan won an award for my register coming up balanced.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
was up all night
Slow work enviroment
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Cameron, NCJuly 19, 2017
I worked here while pregnant, and they could not have cared any less. Standing on your feet at 7/8 months pregnant was not the best thing in the world.
Friendly Neighborhood Grocery Store
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 18, 2017
I've liked working at Food Lion for the past three years of my life as a cashier. The pay was decent, the management staff was friendly, the work was incredibly stressful. It's been good to me. Of the two jobs I've worked in my life, it's my favorite (though that's not saying much, considering my experience at Dollar General.)

This is a good company to work for. At least, my location was. Management was lenient and flexible with scheduling. The culture was friendly and helpful towards everyone. All in all, while being a cashier is stressful, Food Lion has been mostly good to me. My only wish: that I got paid more.
Un-flexible.
Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
This was a part time job I had after college while trying to find full-time work. They are extremely inflexible with availability. They want you to be available at all times, but still only give somewhere in the low 20's of hours each week.
Professional and productive place with good customer relations
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 18, 2017
Food Lion is a decent employer. They start new associates off at eight dollars per hour and give twenty cent raises every six months. As long as associates work well with others, they are treated fairly and will get along with the other employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Lion. Our community is ready to answer.