Food Safety Net Services

Food Safety Net Services Employer Reviews

The work environment is fun depending on the people you work with.
Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Working here is exciting, lots of room to learn. Work schedules start from 530 am to 130 am, depending which schedule you choose. You have to be self motivated to succeed at Food Safety Net Services.
Good Company
Laboratory Manager/Ops Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2014
• Oversee management team and team development
• Mentoring and development of management staff
• Laboratory operations management
• Scheduling of departmental staff
• Management of client base
• Direct quality ISO 17025 (A2LA) program
• Yearly budgeting
• Oversee all Laboratory accreditation programs, Proficiency programs, and audits
• Review and approve – more... laboratory expenditures
• Automated Rapid Assays platforms, BAX,GDS, Vidas
• Oversee all government, client, third part audits – less
great clean place to learn
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Covington, GANovember 16, 2013
Pros: good a team to work with
Cons: late hour shifts
A typical work date consist of a number of customer's orders, each test ask for different pathogens.
horrible work place
W. Rhapsody, Lead Lab Tech (Current Employee), san antonioNovember 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: everything you can imagine
long hours, horrible management. the employees who work their are all selfish.
Fun place to work with good people
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free food, good benefits.
A day here was always busy and it took hard work to complete my daily tasks. I learned a lot through the good management team we had in place. I enjoyed working with our clients on a daily basis.
have to work weekends/nights
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 5, 2013
This was a fun place to work. But they pay wasn't much and the lab had to work on the clock. Weekends and late nights are required.
Like to work there.
Laboratory Technologist III (Former Employee), Grand paraieJune 11, 2013
Dont like the mengment. Don't appreciate your work..I learn alot at htis job .

Jibbiss – June 14, 2013

You learn alot about microbiology and pathogen detection. It prepares you for the big industries and research in biology field. Except it's no work-life balance job.

It's ok...
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee), MIFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: little/no direct supervision on night shift, can take lunch/break whenever you choose
Cons: no break room, creepy guys from the plant, long hours, smelly meat
This company has horrible insurance/benefits and poor pay scale. As a recent college graduate, this place was a decent step into the door for gaining experience and technique for a biology career. Much of the technique and instrument training i received will continue with me throughout my career, no experience can be viewed as bad experiences as far – more... as lab techniques go. However the long hours, very stinky surroundings, and sometimes unrealistic expectations make this a very stressful work environment. Management has its pros and cons as all businesses do, however, it seems quite unorganized and there is little respect between co-workers. For the most, this company is doing a good thing for food safety rules and testing, however the lab is a joke. – less
Great starting job
Lab Technician II Main Lab Lead (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: provide lunch once a month
Cons: healthcare is an arm and leg.
The job is very overwhelming and mainly based off of efficiency. It tends to over work their employees who are on salary and never satisfied because they are not efficient enough. It is a great job for someone who does not have an outside life.
Respect In the Workplace
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: can give you a new start after years of not being employed.
Cons: not eoungh pay for the physical demands of this position.
First let me say that FSNS gave me another start in the job market. I enjoyed my postion in the company but there was a lot of disrespect on the parts of some people choosen for the role of supervisiors. I think these people forget that people are human and have feeling. No supervisor should take down to the people they are to oversee.

The hardest – more... part of the job was the heavy lifting on a day to day basic. The most enjoyable part of the job was having co-works help with what was not taught in the training process. I can say I did learn a lot about viruses and what it takes to detect them with the correct chemicals. – less
Stepping Stone Job
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: a great learning experience
Cons: drama, holiday/vacation/sick days after 3 months, benefits after 6
First, this job is a great job if you just got your degree and need experience, but it's not a job that you can make into a career because to move up, it's hard. They hire a lot of young people and once they become lead or supervisors, they usually don't leave unless they are forced to.

The pay is not that great for the amount of physical work you – more... have to do, especially in main lab. There are a lot of people there who like to create drama and they play favorites a lot. There are also a lot of people who act like they know it all, but they've been there for a few months A lot of power struggles, finger pointing, and drama. It's frown upon when someone speaks their mind and management don't really know how to handle all the drama going on so they pretend to not see.

Overall, this job consumes you and get ready to not have any free time because everyone starts off working nights. – less
Great source of knowledge and experience of food microbiology, but not much else.
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee), Covington, GAOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great knowledge of the field gained, lab experience.
Cons: pay doesn't seem to be competitve, benefits only after 1 year with company.
I have learned a ton about food microbiology and what it takes to work in a professional lab, but the way this company is structured, it is only a career option for a few people. Even though the pay and benefits aren't good, the experience gained can surely be transformed into the career you want if this is your field of choice.
Daily Challenge
Assistant Laboratory Manager (Current Employee), Covington, GAAugust 24, 2012
Maintaining quality and operations defines a typical day.
The most enjoyable part of this job is delivering to the client daily.
Very clean, good place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 22, 2012
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: little pay
I would dispose of samples after they were tested. i Learned good skills on how to be safe around potential infected samples.
Typical Laboratory Environment
Pathogen Technician III (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2012
Initially very interesting work providing many opportunities to learn new things. Eventually, however, it becomes very routine. Workload is very dependent on the lab the employee works in. Pathogen and Main labs have a very high workload and testing turn around times are very important to clients. Chemistry and special projects labs can work at their – more... own pace and perform testing when they desire. As a result, hours in Pathogen and Main labs are often long and, depending of shift, can be late as well. – less
Valuable experience gained but management lacks structure and corporate office feels disconnected from day to day lab interactions.
Technician II/ Main Laboratory Lead Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2012
Overall, not a bad place to work but the long hours and mandatory overtime weigh heavy on valuable employees because turn over rate is very high. Management seems disconnected from Laboratory technicians and compensation is not competative.
Opportunities
Pathogenic Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Commerce, CAMay 1, 2012
I was happy for the opportunity to learn and grow. I was able to learn many new things working in the lab. I enjoyed being able to work as a team with my co-workers.