Food Services of America

Food Services of America Employee Reviews

good
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingsley, MIFebruary 23, 2017
i love working for the company that i work for its a structured and friendly work place our general manger assertive understanding , caring and available the service is great.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no over time
Productive, great coworkers, good benefits
Dishwasher cooked and cleaned kitchen (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I really liked working there, I had good benefits, and great coworkers. High job satisfaction as well, I learned how to use different cleaning systems, and how to prep different foods in large quantities.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours sometimes
needs improvement
Pre-cook items (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Small place with too much drama. Maybe you should change up the way the business is ran. ask more questions! other than that, it was a pleasure.thanks
Fun work place/ bad management
Valley Inc (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2017
The people i worked with were awesome always had fun but the management wasn't all that great most days they were unorganized but after we got it together it was great
Pros
Payday every week
Cons
Could get overtime
Productive, fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYFebruary 4, 2017
Keeping customers happy and satisfied. keeping a clean and neat work area. Being on time to work in uniform. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the costumers and seeing the smiles on there face.
Excellent work-place!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Blowing Rock, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Excellent company that not only employs hard-working, fun staff, but, allows you to be paid enough to feel fulfilled each pay-check. The overall environment is upbeat, positive, and always satisfying.
N/a
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. It was always a pleasure to see my customers succeed. I enjoyed working with the local brokerage firms and showing new products and services to my accounts.
great
Trail Boss (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I loved my job there!! everyone was great and we all got along. the days ran smooth and I got to learn a lot!! It was an awesome job!!! I loved it there!
Working with food can be a pleasure
Catering to events as a leader who cooks (Current Employee) –  From Minnesota to Chicago to MichiganJanuary 24, 2017
If you work while alone and handle food well you could make a living loving what you do. What never changes is the level of cleaning that is needed to serve customers with confidence.
*Wonderful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Moravia, NYJanuary 24, 2017
indeed is an employee review site that helps anyone -- from prospective employees to prospective customers to investors -- get an idea of what a company is really like from the inside. In other words, it helps measure the more qualitative factors of things like valuation.
Easy going work area
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 20, 2017
Work is simple just fast paced and hard I bathe body . But overall , good training and co workers , the pay could be better but the top pout rate isn't too bad. Takes a while to get there considering it's a union job
Cons
Union job .
It was quite a stressful job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 19, 2017
A lot of politics to handle. Very hard to have a personal life with all the hours. You are very highly called upon. Politics are very strict and demanding.
Heading out to set-up for food shows
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Preparing for food shows has always been a bit stressful, especially if too many people start becoming involved. Then it becomes chaos, from that I learned what needed to be done first, how to delegate the work load and needed to be loaded onto the truck first. I found it fun when we finally loaded up the truck and would head out to wherever we needed to go because I got to know my coworkers a little bit, and that made it easier to get our work done.
Loved my job,
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work for, I had a great boss, I enjoyed the people I delivered too. Just an amazing company to work for. I recommend this job to anyone who enjoys great management and great people
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Great service
Substitute (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 11, 2017
The food service industry is very efficient. The management knows what they are doing to ensure food is served productively to every student.
must be single
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ORJanuary 10, 2017
This is a good job if you are single. If you have a family it is difficult because there is an adjusting that will need to happen due to the shift.
Pros
pay and health insurance
Cons
shifts and time with family
Great place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 9, 2017
Love the job. Great place to work when you have a family. Holidays are off and overtime is easy to earn. Great benefits. Management is great. Some days can be long, but if you are flexible you will be successful.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Seniority is important
N/a
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2017
I did not work for food services of America. This is an error in the system appearing to be associated with my resume. I am not directly involved with this company.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 3, 2017
Information reiterated concerning job duties much appreciated. I have not worked in this realm before. Need more information!! I would be interested in working with co-workers as a team.
Pros
Stable position/decent wages
Cons
Healthcare
When you start you will be in the -10° freezer most likely
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 27, 2016
Short staffing needed ten more order pickers for the work load. Abuse of the contract, not able to leave until all the orders are filled even if this means a 13 hour day 12 hours consistently. Picking standard is not enough. there was six L&i claims in a six month period. Over working of associates. Average routes are 2000 pounds with a pick time of 30-50 minutes. 80-100 pound cases of meat are picked on almost every chill order.Dry selecting the first two isle are sixty pound cases of canned goods from your feet to over your head.

Good money but your body will pay the price. All associates with five Or more years in have reoccurring injury such as back in the injuries
Pros
Started out as a good place management switched
Cons
Tried out for yourself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

76%