Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in, great people to work with.
Project Leader / Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2015
Pros: just great in every aspect that you can rate.
Cons: none that I can think of.
On the amount of time I spend ad FSA it was obvious to me that my coworkers were top notch. The work environment was excellent and productivity was through the roof,. I would rate this company among the top 5 companies I have worked for in the last 20 years.
Growth opportunity
Account Manager (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORJune 4, 2015
Pros: Growth opportunity
Cons: No set work hours must be available 24/7
Met with vendors and brokers weekly to ensure most current products were available for all customers. Maintained awarded Bids (Request for Pricing) to ensure the company had the proper Gross Profit Margin on a consistent basis.
Strong company
District Sales Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 30, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: advancement
Great Company, loved working solving problems and finding solutions. Good benefits package, strong team environment. Lots of opportunities for extra income based on performance.
poor treatment of employes
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 28, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: long htrs
no review done i do not feel this company treated employes good
treated poorly long hrs forced to work on days off and holidays
Good company with limited career growth
SENIOR TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Kent, WAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good core values, teamwork
Cons: lot's of lateral career growth, but limited upward mobility at a point.
Company has good philosophy of team work and providing outside tools and resources to help the customer thrive beyond just selling food. How effective those tools are is how your use them. Training is marginal if you're new. If you're career growth driven seeking both professional and monitary growth you will eventually be confronted with challenges. Overall, FSA is a very good team/food distributor to work for.
High Stress
Lead Driver (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 3 nights per week schedule
Cons: short pay checks
Inconsistent in providing tools necessary to make the day to day seamless. Company over focuses on customer, taking away from employee experience. For example, I have a shift that only give me 4 hours of sleep in between my routes. This is causing my body to breakdown.
Great Company!
National Accounts Executive (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 2, 2015
Great Company! I have enjoyed my time here and they are great to work for. If you are straight out of school this is a great chance for you to learn food service distribution.
Very Hard to work at
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day would start at 1800 and go until 1100 the next day. My co-workers where very good to work with. the management was ot understanding of injuries on the job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free soda in the company breakroom
Cons: few breaks during the work day, long days, old equipment
The days start very early. Usually between 2-3 am. The job is physically demanding. Management doesn't communicate with the drivers that well. Often, you don't know your route for the next day until 4 or 5 in the afternoon of the day prior. Some co-workers were very helpful in giving helpful advice in how to do the job better. Some were not as it is a union company and they like to play the seniority mind game. The best part of the job is that although you start early, you're often off by 2-3 in the afternoon.
good place to start your career
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Billings, MTNovember 6, 2014
Pros: union insurance
Cons: lucky to get a break in 14hrs
wake up all hours of the night. drive doubles or single trailers to there location deliver come home. try to avoid management and there questions of why it took so long. the other drivers are good people just trying to make a living. hardest thing is trying to get all your daily deliveries done in there scheduled manifest time. that the company has given you impossible to do i might add.
A great place to work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Project Leader) (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: everything is a plus
Cons: none that i can think of
I can only say that I had the priviledge of working at FSA on a short term contract to hire position. It was my misfortune that the economy took a downturn an my termporary position was not made permanent. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Incredible independent sales career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Billings, MTAugust 19, 2014
Pros: your own schedule
Cons: constant pressure on budget
There has been some change at FSA. And change in the food distribution business. The Sysco/US Food mergers and Sysco's plan to change the model has changed everything. Foodservice needs to respond to companies like Costco/Sams/Amazon & Restaurant Depot.
Horrible
driver (Former Employee), oregonAugust 17, 2014
Cons: everything
No work, family balance. Routing personell are complete idiots and disrespectful liers. You are just a body to them! Trucks are old and unsafe.
Non-Trade Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2014
Co-workers and management were great to work with. Strong sense of family between all departments in the company, which helped with open communication and effectively completing tasks.
pay is good benefits are great
warehouse associate (Former Employee), kent, waJune 12, 2014
people are fun to work with, as long as you can handle freezing temps and frequent lifting well worth the time and effort to get in
typical job
Associate Services Representative (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 8, 2014
Many great employees with this company. The company offers a really good benefits package.
Loved working here
Frozen Foods Local Buyer (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 4, 2014
Working here was amazing, the company was a joy to work for. Great benefits, great employees, good experiences all around.
Great Job with Lack of Work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: busy all day long and room for advancement
Cons: get my routes bumped due to senior employees and lose hours
Unloading 800 cases of dried, chilled and frozen groceries up and down ramp and stairs. Delivery up to 20 stops a day - restaurants…..the hardest part of the job is getting my route bumped and losing hours. The best part of the job is that it is physical all day long and helps me stay fit.
Exciting, fun and challenging job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WADecember 9, 2013
Pros: excellent training of procedures and product. upbeat team environment.
Cons: remote issues with required internet connectivity, made web based programs and reports time consuming.
Start at home office reviewing and preparing for daily sales calls, researching and printing customer specific requests. Make 12 -15 scheduled contacts with customers, review performance, consult for profitable sales, receive order and transmit for next day delivery, meeting all time deadlines. My knowledge of the food industry was continually enhanced, My direct management was encouraging, helpful and knowledgeable. Co-workers worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was also exciting and fulfilling. and that was successfully dealing with the necessary interruptions from customers who had challenges of varying nature and importance. The most enjoyable part was seeing a customer become satisfied, successful and able to achieve their goals, partly because of my efforts as a consultant and a business partner.
This was a Great experience for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodburn, ORNovember 30, 2013
Pros: this job gave me a lot of experience i never had the opportunity to aquire before.
Cons: working so many hours
A typical day at work included visiting customers, getting their orders, making suggestions for new items to run as specials or, to replace current items they were purchasing from our competition. Talking to them about their AR and what they needed to do to stay current. Making sure they were happy with the services being provided.

I learned to always be pro-active in discussing all the day to day business challenges with our customers, constant education on products we were selling, always learning about new programs within our company.

Management was always very professional.

Co-Workers were Great to work with & had a real Team attitude.
they will be missed.

Collections, this was always a challenge with a handful or more of my customer base. Working 60-70 hrs per week and sometimes more.

the most enjoyable part of my job was working with people. I really like to interact with people & help them find solutions to their challenges.

1 2 3

About Food Services of America

Supplying American restaurants with food is the primary service of this company. Services Group of America (SGA) is one of the – Read more

Food Services of America Salaries