Food Services of America

Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Great compnay with good people to work with
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 23, 2016
FSA is great company to work for. You get treated fair and although a larger company it has a small compnay feel, your a person not just an associate number.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not a 9-5 job. Weird hours
Rewardin and Challenging
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 15, 2016
AST pace environment and solidly, well established principles. Everyday could bring new challenges and priorities. Upper management was very approachable.
Pros
Variey of tasks, great crews overa24/7
Cons
On call 24/7: Slow advancement.
Cooking is fun
Cook/Asst. Chef (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2016
After 25 successful years in the food industry I have to say it was an overall good experience. Creativity and hard work combined was great and often good appreciation from the clients. I began as a dishwasher at 13 and learned so much so fast I was running a 2.5M dollar catering house (all facets) and a full time restaurant by 21 years old.
Most people in the food industry are transient so friends are rare but solid people for the most part. Pay often terrible and management always about their bottom line and disagreeable but we ate well and got paid so it covered a multitude of sins.
Most enjoyable part was after a good Friday or Saturday dinner rush was having a beer and talking to my coworkers in the aftermath.
Pros
Work and clients
Cons
Awful compensation.
i would go back
Hot Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 8, 2016
there is one manager Felisha who if they get rid of many people including myself will go back and work there, she needs to learn respect for others, she talks down and uses profanity towards the employees, and when brought to the attention of the higher management nothing gets done. its sad. but is she would leave that store i would go back and work there in a heart beat.
Pros
co workers and some managers
Cons
manager felisha
Fun seasonal workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 6, 2016
Valley Fair was an entry level job that allowed me to get my feet wet in customer service. However, I never viewed this as a long-term employment.
Pros
Great entry level job
Cons
No benefits or room for advancement
Honey baked
Honey baked ham inc (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 26, 2016
It was a great seasonal job. I loved working there the two days I worked there. I got paid a good sum of money also. The people I worked with where great people. Customers were great nice people.
Efficient workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Millstone, NJJuly 26, 2016
The job is to keep the front gate secure and direct party guests to proper parking lot. Also, monitoring the security cameras throughout the work shift.
Pros
Free wifi
Cons
Minimal pay, mostly weekend work.
Keria lynch
Subway (Former Employee) –  Linton inJuly 24, 2016
Subway is a good restaurant very friendly and very clean the managers were really nice and I loved working at subway it was a very positive work place everyone was positive it was a good paying job at 8 dollars and hour
Great working environment
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 21, 2016
Absolutely amazing coworkers. Everyone works as a team. Very organized and goal oriented community that thrives everyday to improve company's goals.
Switched field.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved working there but had to switch to nursing because I have always loved to be in medical field.It is a nice and encouraging place to work.

Want to know more about Food Services of America?

Ask a question
Run away!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 14, 2016
Stay as far away from this place as possible. Worked here for 17years and treated like dirt for last 5 years. No respect for drivers and hard work you do here. Management cares only about numbers and hates people who are on FMLA or are sick or injured. They will find away to get rid of you and play favorites games with employees. Stay far away from here as Union does little to help you out when you need it most
Pros
Not a lot!
Cons
Management will throw you under the bus to self preserve themselves!
Fun place to work, develop customer service skills
Churches Chicken (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJuly 11, 2016
My time at Church's Chicken was helpful to me. I was able to develop my customer service skills. I learned how to run a register and to work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly work environment, employee training
Cons
Short breaks, always fast paced
Different work environment
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJuly 5, 2016
Working for Canteen Services was a good job over all but poor training. I was trained in how to run the day, basic paperwork, and computer work but you are never really trained in how to handle inmates. I was given a book to read, as a training manuel as how to deal with inmates. I learned a lot about food temperatures, and diets. The hardest part was watching what to say around inmates but be stern and friendly at the same time.
Pros
less stress
Cons
inmates
Properly prepared food for a senior citizen center
Café Assistant Manager PENNSWOOD VILLAGE (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 5, 2016
Typical day:
-Routinely executed lunch, dinner and dessert preparations, while supervised staff members.
-Delegated responsibilities to staff.

The hardest part of the assistant manager job was to prepare all the feature desserts within the limited time frame.
The best part of the position was caring for the residents and growing a rapport.
Good but hours sucks
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 30, 2016
Worked there for 2 years, when we got taco johns and Dairy Queen, things got worst I started planing to quit, working 12 hrs every day (6pm -6am) people come n go, they hire today the next day he quits. In my 2 years I've seen more than 200 ppl hired and only 2 can stay, when I left 17 ppl were picking cases over 23,000.
If u need money then go there, start pay 17.85
Pros
Great money, free health care benefits
Cons
Long hours, management is awful, less equipment
Interesting Learning Place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 22, 2016
Long hours and wonderful service for the customers. The management there found ways to get us to try knew things without it being dangerous. Most of co-workers are easy to get along with then there's the co-workers who try to tell you what to do when the boss said something else which would get irritating. I learned how to recognize food allergies, different ways to cut up food by the recipe, and to make sure there was enough food. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with the co-workers who didn't know what they were talking about or cooking with my own personal allergies.
Pros
Free meals, allergy knowledge
Fsa
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 18, 2016
FSA was a good company to work for. Great people, great environment. I really enjoyed the time I spent with this company.
Fast-paced with high expectations of quality.
Lunchroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 17, 2016
This is a high-energy, fast-paced position that requires strict application of all government sanitation and food safety rules. Because you are in a school you are expected to be professional at all times. Generally, the climate is good. As long as everyone does their jobs, the day flows smoothly. Very satisfying when you see the happy children who enjoy the product you have made for them.
Pros
Friendly environment, good hours, off summers
Cons
Constantly fast-paced, alot of scrubbing
lovey management
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GAJune 13, 2016
Zaxbys in portwentworth is the best the owner operator is the best. Makes sure the working conditions are up to participate also the pay rate is exceptable. Overall a great place to work.
Good Team fun people great supervisor
Order Selector/Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 9, 2016
Learned to work as a team and set personal goals to help better myself and my team. my co workers were very supportive and friendly.
Pros
good pay and good company
Cons
long long hours

Food Services of America Reviews by Location