Food Services of America

Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Family feel company
Deliver driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKNovember 27, 2016
This company was fantastic to work for. all the employees were awesome, the way the job worked it it felt you were your own boss, since it was the drivers discretion for returns, payments recievable, and worked directly with the sales reps. the hardest part of the job was getting started. hours upon hours of paper work and videos tow atch but in the end was well worth it. a typical work day was betwen 11 and 14 hours and only worked 4 days a week with home time every night
Pros
Large payment compentsation
Cons
none that i can even think of
Decent work place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Forge, NYNovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work was very chilly although the location is set at a water park. I learned that if your workplace is open for just one season, they will jack up the prices to ridiculous amounts to make profit. Management was very strict and at times unreasonable. I made the best friends that I've ever had at Water Safari that year, they were the best co-workers I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job was making sure that we didn't run out of supplies or make a customer angry for having to wait too long. The most enjoyable part of the job was Safari Radio and the great friends that I made in my co-workers.
Needs better management
Hardware tech (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 21, 2016
Management doesn't listen to input and only cares about their numbers. They got rid of a top performer on the team because of a lie from another associate who was just having a bad day. So your job is never safe. They don't care to listen about your side and just want to hire someone at a lower pay rate.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management only cares about themselves.
Cooking is fun
Cook/Asst. Chef (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2016
After 25 successful years in the food industry I have to say it was an overall good experience. Creativity and hard work combined was great and often good appreciation from the clients. I began as a dishwasher at 13 and learned so much so fast I was running a 2.5M dollar catering house (all facets) and a full time restaurant by 21 years old.
Most people in the food industry are transient so friends are rare but solid people for the most part. Pay often terrible and management always about their bottom line and disagreeable but we ate well and got paid so it covered a multitude of sins.
Most enjoyable part was after a good Friday or Saturday dinner rush was having a beer and talking to my coworkers in the aftermath.
Pros
Work and clients
Cons
Awful compensation.
i would go back
Hot Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 8, 2016
there is one manager Felisha who if they get rid of many people including myself will go back and work there, she needs to learn respect for others, she talks down and uses profanity towards the employees, and when brought to the attention of the higher management nothing gets done. its sad. but is she would leave that store i would go back and work there in a heart beat.
Pros
co workers and some managers
Cons
manager felisha
Run away!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 14, 2016
Stay as far away from this place as possible. Worked here for 17years and treated like dirt for last 5 years. No respect for drivers and hard work you do here. Management cares only about numbers and hates people who are on FMLA or are sick or injured. They will find away to get rid of you and play favorites games with employees. Stay far away from here as Union does little to help you out when you need it most
Pros
Not a lot!
Cons
Management will throw you under the bus to self preserve themselves!
Different work environment
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJuly 5, 2016
Working for Canteen Services was a good job over all but poor training. I was trained in how to run the day, basic paperwork, and computer work but you are never really trained in how to handle inmates. I was given a book to read, as a training manuel as how to deal with inmates. I learned a lot about food temperatures, and diets. The hardest part was watching what to say around inmates but be stern and friendly at the same time.
Pros
less stress
Cons
inmates
Properly prepared food for a senior citizen center
Café Assistant Manager PENNSWOOD VILLAGE (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 5, 2016
Typical day:
-Routinely executed lunch, dinner and dessert preparations, while supervised staff members.
-Delegated responsibilities to staff.

The hardest part of the assistant manager job was to prepare all the feature desserts within the limited time frame.
The best part of the position was caring for the residents and growing a rapport.
Good but hours sucks
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 30, 2016
Worked there for 2 years, when we got taco johns and Dairy Queen, things got worst I started planing to quit, working 12 hrs every day (6pm -6am) people come n go, they hire today the next day he quits. In my 2 years I've seen more than 200 ppl hired and only 2 can stay, when I left 17 ppl were picking cases over 23,000.
If u need money then go there, start pay 17.85
Pros
Great money, free health care benefits
Cons
Long hours, management is awful, less equipment
Good challenging position
Employment Solutions, Temp (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CO 80538September 22, 2016
This was a very good position for me, solving and taking care of maintenance issues with plenty of electrical problems to solve, down side they were not going to hire permanent, cut backs and management changes were happening.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
I wasn't hired
Interesting Learning Place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 22, 2016
Long hours and wonderful service for the customers. The management there found ways to get us to try knew things without it being dangerous. Most of co-workers are easy to get along with then there's the co-workers who try to tell you what to do when the boss said something else which would get irritating. I learned how to recognize food allergies, different ways to cut up food by the recipe, and to make sure there was enough food. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with the co-workers who didn't know what they were talking about or cooking with my own personal allergies.
Pros
Free meals, allergy knowledge
Fast-paced with high expectations of quality.
Lunchroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 17, 2016
This is a high-energy, fast-paced position that requires strict application of all government sanitation and food safety rules. Because you are in a school you are expected to be professional at all times. Generally, the climate is good. As long as everyone does their jobs, the day flows smoothly. Very satisfying when you see the happy children who enjoy the product you have made for them.
Pros
Friendly environment, good hours, off summers
Cons
Constantly fast-paced, alot of scrubbing
Great Autonomy
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 18, 2016
Really enjoyed the daily interaction with established customers and on-boarding new customers. A typical day involved making sales calls and processing orders, demonstrating new products or product solutions.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Too much travel
good job
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 19, 2016
a typical day is driving truck and delivering food to costumers with 14-16 hour days once you make the management mad it will be matter of time before they find a reason to let you go but over all a good company to work for
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of hours little home time
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 1, 2016
A typical work day would be to log in on time, starting packaging meals to be delivered to United Airlines for the passenger manifest. I learned how meals or prep and process for the safety of the food. Management was good, made sure breaks, were taken and lunch time was given , or if overtime was needed. My co-workers worked as a team player and helped out at times if an co-worker was behind. The hardest part of the job making sure every meal was accounted for and extra meals were given
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 18, 2016
Worked in the freezer, was a great place to work. Supervisors are very helpful and friendly. Coworkers are the same, a lot of heavy lifting and repetition. Keep your head down and ignore what every negative thing someone says.
fun place to work with positive enviroment.
server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 15, 2016
learned alot about food services, from cooking to washing dishes to cleaning up and serving people, a typical work day was enjoyable, because every time is something new to learn.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
i have nothing to say ive never been employed by this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2016
I never worked to food service of America,i have never worked for this company I have never heard of this company I will never work for this company I'm not sure what you are looking for
production was good, enviroment good
prep cook (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 4, 2016
great hours and good management, also learned other skills that was not position related.Overall good job, relocated in residence
Pros
got paid holidays, hams and turkeys on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Rewardin and Challenging
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 15, 2016
AST pace environment and solidly, well established principles. Everyday could bring new challenges and priorities. Upper management was very approachable.
Pros
Variey of tasks, great crews overa24/7
Cons
On call 24/7: Slow advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Food Services of America Reviews by Location