Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Just another job
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 23, 2017
I don't mind the minimum wage, but there are no benefits and now they have taken away our mileage re-imbursement, which hurts a lot. We are short staffed every single day, which adds to the stress and customer complaints.
Loved It
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Smashburger, i would recommend any kid fresh out of high school to get a job here. The location in Katy, TX is really great and always busy, if you like that setting.
spring Arbor
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2017
A typical day would be doing my responisble duties. Helping the residents or in other cases helping customers.The management did theyre best to see that you were satisfied with the outcome of your employment.At times I would say the hardest part would of been making everyone happy.The enjoyable part would be to talk to each individual and get to know them.
working with food
Hershey Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2017
i loved working at dutch wonderland, it was very fast opaced and fun to be around. hershey ent is one of the best places i worked at. i would love to go back if i lived in PA.
Fun workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2017
I liked my job. The supervisors worked around your schedule because they knew you were a student and sometimes you can't always be there. I also liked my coworkers they were very friendly and tried to help as much as they could.
Decent work for decent pay
TELEMARKET REP (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 15, 2017
you got paid what you worked for, IT's a job for people wanting a start but not something to live off of, therefore self improvement is a must once you find what you want.
productive, busy and fun work place
Atlanta Bread (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 14, 2017
prepare for breakfast, serve breakfast from 7am- 10am then we start serving lunch at 11am and go through our tipical lunch rush from 11am- 3pm. from 3pm to 8pm we stock the store while attending to customers and around 9pm we start to close the store.
Pros
liked the new skills ive learned, the customers, and learning better ways to prepare for food.
Cons
short breaks, being over worked, under paid
Great
Put in-charge (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 13, 2017
Wonderful staff. Very flexible with my hours. Everyone was really nice and amazing. If you are looking for a good, flexible first job, I would highly recommend.
Productive work serving and preparing food.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OklahomaJune 5, 2017
A typical day at work is to be busy and always working. I learned how to lead other people in learning to run the kitchen and to help others. I learned different parts of the kitchen. The culture was great, the employees were great!
Pros
Good work environment and wonderful boss.
Cons
Trying to keep people working without overstepping my boundaries.
food service manager for tom thumb
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 2, 2017
For a smaller grocery chain they provided some of the best benefits of any retail establishment I had ever come across. The compensation was good to better than most other competitors and the insurance was great. they also provided generous sick time leave as well as vacation.
Good environment
St.camillus (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2017
You will learn things you didn't know in food service. Great place to work. Met new residents and employee who have a smile on th3re face and always willing to work.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier, Food toppings and prep, Clean (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 24, 2017
A typical day included register, sandwich prep, and cleaning. I learned communication skills and flexibility. I was under great management. The hardest part of the job was taking people's orders. Some people were hard to hear and some couldn't hear well, which made it difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment and positive feedback.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Frequent call ins
Teamwork makes a difference
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 18, 2017
I really enjoy interacting with the kids when they come through the line in the cafeteria. We work hard to prepare lunch for the day. Teamwork is always required to make it work.
Productive place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 16, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Just wish they didn't give us bad checks. I also wish we would have got out checks on the original pass out date we were scheduled to get them. I learned to always be on my feet. I learned to always be friendly to customers. The hardest thing was staying busy on slow days. Management could have been better.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, bad checks
It's a fun place to work
CHEF & SERVER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06114May 14, 2017
Working as server is awesome when you are working with kids.my supervisor see how great i'm so she send me to do chef training it was good i learn a lot.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
yes break
Cafeteria work is what it sounds like
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 13, 2017
This was not my favorite job. You don't get a lot of hours and unless you fight to be promoted, you are probably going to be overlooked. The pro however is that you get to learn almost every persons name on campus and meet a lot of them.
I love the company but management is bad
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2017
LOVE the company good people to work with..kids are great..the hours could be better an the raise could be to..in over all is a very very good company
Pros
Good uniform
Cons
Bad management
Fun place to work and employees a rewarded for hard work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 11, 2017
I love this company and only have decided to leave to relocate to be closer to family. They hire well and are continually helping you to further your career and personal life.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMay 8, 2017
This job was very easy going. Other than when helping with merchandise and truck which you can consider the "hardest part" of the job, it was easy going. Most of the days i come in and start on dishes right away, and when finished i would prep the food. On certain days I reorganized the stockrooms, and freezers, and helped unload the truck. Nothing was too hard about the job. Hardest part was when got busy and enough prepped food was up in time. But other than that the job was simple.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
nice
worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2017
it was nice working in the kitchen. Working with the kids was great. I loved coming to work not so early and having the weekends and holidays off. The job is what you make of it. Pay sucks and no benefits,. only 3 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Food Services of America Reviews by Location