Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Extremely fun, plenty of benefits and options
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaOctober 14, 2017
Working in Downtown Disney had unlimited opportunities in advancement, scheduling and learning. The main part that sticks out is that every cast member was willing and able to help each other out at well as keep up with the at times brutal pace set by customers. I had grown in the business and learned leadership and teamwork along with customer service that I'll always have.
Pros
Great crew, strong management
Cons
Long commute
Great Company
SUPPLIER INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2017
FSA has been an amazing company to work for. Their family friendly atmosphere and dedication to their associates makes coming to work daily a rewarding experience.
Good standards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 8, 2017
Their company motto is great! Words to live by. Some do there and some should. Working for FSA has paid for my college, help me buy my first house and also help raise my children.
Loved Working with Children
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 6, 2017
This fast, quick paced environment made for a quick day. It was non-stop from beginning to end, but very rewarding knowing that I was feeding children that usually do not get food. The hugs and thank yous from the children were the very best part of my job!
Pros
Love from the children
Cons
No breaks, messed up deliveries
Excellent
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
I found employment at FS of A to be true memorable.They were the most friendly people in the employment industry and I can say enough about how well I was treated.
Productive, Busy
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 3, 2017
When I started at FSA I learned things from scratch. Training was minimal and the pressure for perfection was paramount while taking customer orders. Job was stressful, could be fun at times.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Healthcare benefits, social pressure
Great culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work with great people. Second time I have worked for them after moving back to the area. Great managers and they give you the tools to succeed
Pros
Family owned
Cons
Still a very big company to navigate
Fun place to work and learn
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 29, 2017
Great team players, excellent oppertunity for learning and advancing. Worked at food prep station and served customers. Also cooked chips in the deep frier, and cleaned resturaunt.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Frequent management turnover
fun workplace
Chick fil a (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHSeptember 29, 2017
a typical workday would be me taking orders, helping bag food and cleaning in the lobby. i learned that as you work at food services you get in too a lot as of what you do constantly everyday. The hardest part of the job is having too hear a customer yell at you if something is wrong. Management is always amazing!
Fast paced
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2017
This job is very fast paced and provides a workout while making money. The pay is very competitive and the employee discounts are great perks of this job
I never worked for this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Small Island, CASeptember 27, 2017
I don't understand why Indeed is requiring that i submit this survey. I am not familiar with food services of america at all. I just want to get on with my job search.
Good place to work if your young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VASeptember 26, 2017
was not a bad place to work but wasn't for me i feel my abilities go beyond food service and i want to make a difference some where in someone's life. I believe the skills i have could be used better elsewhere.
Hard work
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORSeptember 21, 2017
The work is way too hard for the amount of pay. Company doesn't care about employees, you'll get stuck with messed up routes, pallets that aren't packed correctly, you'll get over worked because they can't keep drivers because of how horrible conditions are.
daily work review
P/T Foodservice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYSeptember 14, 2017
As a Food Service Manager my daily routine was to come to the kitchen area check sick calls if any and see how the morning operations went.In any wok place you will always find employee's who are helpful and those who aren't,and you have to deal with them.In terms of management daily meets were attended to update all on all facility recent situations.
Good
ORDER SELECTOR & SHIPPING LEAD (Former Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 6, 2017
Great place to work. There should be night and day pay difference. Nights is much harder and way longer hours. The pay is amazing and the benefits are great
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Bad work hours
Very pleasant, easy and social
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 2, 2017
It was slow but meeting different people every day, is the part I liked.This was a senior community, very pleasant.It included a lot of socialization with the residents.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant/Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 31, 2017
Very busy, I've learned a lot working at FSI, this job was flexible, the management was great and it was a great place to work. I really enjoyed data entry and answering the phones. The hardest part of my was waiting on paperwork
Pros
Free Lunch, Flexibility, atmosphere
Cons
lack of meeting the managers
Supplemental income when needed it.
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2017
Has helped me to find quick employment & be paid same day or within a few days. They provided many opportunities to be employed when an industious supervisor being zealous to solicite contracts for company. Sometimes not so much if they are not zealous to look for contacts or clients that provide work. Such as Union High School Cafeterias & others.
Pros
Same day pay or within a few days. Could usually find work there/
Cons
Would like to have more hours.
Poorly managed, under payed
Burger King (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 28, 2017
My experience with food services of America were poor. I believe it was just my location & not all restaurants are this way, so I am still open to working with this company.
various roles and fast paste environment
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Elon College, NCAugust 28, 2017
Communicating with administrators and food service staff daily.
Learn how to multitask and resolve issues very rapidly. Long work hours. Being able to also have all tasks in writing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.