Food Services of America Employee Reviews

productive work place
delivery food to patients (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 19, 2017
all day working with competente people
i learn a lot abouth how treat patient
manager was really human great team culture everybody respect any cultu
Pros
free lunch
good
Fun great place to work
Five guys (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 16, 2017
It's a great job love the money and its not that hard to do its very easy and you can make great money while sitting at home not doing anything really
Pros
Free
Cons
Great breaks
busy and fast paced days .
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2017
I have been privileged enough to be involved in a school that I was abl to learn ...hands on. I enjoy my employees and training them to be prepared for all areas of the job. being in a school, helping the kids and staff is a plus.
Pros
school hours, summer off
Cons
not full time, minimal increase in salary
Didn't like the job at all.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNJuly 11, 2017
The job really wasn't for me, I have no problem wishing dishes. But the whole experience with the whole company or the job period... Was undesirable and draining.
Pros
Dishwashing skills
Cons
No appreciation
foodservice
free standing restaurants and chef (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 5, 2017
I was the boss in all food service places I worked, had a lot of fun at the time, there is alot to learn and stay up with as far a laws, go. its a ever changeing business.
Pros
food
Cons
long days
poor management
Agency for Community Treatment Services (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 5, 2017
Overall This is not a place you want to work. It is poorly ran. The pay is horrible. The clients in the facility are involved in illegal activity. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
I love to cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 4, 2017
Cooking is great, it is fun, working with other people in the kitchen is exciting and stressful. Customers always make the job interesting. Prep work sucks, sue or head chef is cool. Line cooks are heros.
I do not recommend this place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 3, 2017
The manager I worked for at the time was very unfair. She believed in treating herself to all the benefits, and I felt like she was stealing from the company, but I could not prove it at the time I was laid off. I was laid off to bring back a former employee who needed her job back due to death in the family.
Pros
Relaxed
rewarding
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 1, 2017
Learned to follow my dreams. all employees are encouraged to reach and achieve both personal and professional goals. Individual responsibility was the key to success
Pros
openess
Cons
Hard work, well paying job
Oder Picker (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 30, 2017
I worked the grave yard shift in a freezer, while the pay was good it was not for me. The management was good, the co-workers were good. I learned how to stock orders and prep them for loading fast and accurate
Decent place but lots of issues.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 29, 2017
I'm a current driver here and there are things I love but also hate about the job. You work on your own, get to be physically active, be outside, work with some pretty good guys and see and go places and people you wouldn't normally experience throughout the state. That being said, there's a lot of downside. The hours are very odd and makes it difficult to lead a normal social life, especially if you have a family or young children at home. Turnover is very high, the pay is way too low(especially compared to all the other major food companies in the state), poor management at times, the best drivers get taken advantage of and are expected to pick up the slack for the majority of awful drivers who are employed here. I could go on but take this ad with a grain of salt and realize FSA has it's issues just like many trucking companies today have.
Pros
Physically active, outdoors, independence.
Cons
Low pay, no incentives, high turnover.
Productive fast paced place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJune 26, 2017
hard work an was union job good benefits employee sales had warehouse funtions such as family picnic free pizza lunches at times work job bids posted weekly an all done by seniorty
Just another job
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 23, 2017
I don't mind the minimum wage, but there are no benefits and now they have taken away our mileage re-imbursement, which hurts a lot. We are short staffed every single day, which adds to the stress and customer complaints.
Loved It
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Smashburger, i would recommend any kid fresh out of high school to get a job here. The location in Katy, TX is really great and always busy, if you like that setting.
spring Arbor
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2017
A typical day would be doing my responisble duties. Helping the residents or in other cases helping customers.The management did theyre best to see that you were satisfied with the outcome of your employment.At times I would say the hardest part would of been making everyone happy.The enjoyable part would be to talk to each individual and get to know them.
working with food
Hershey Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2017
i loved working at dutch wonderland, it was very fast opaced and fun to be around. hershey ent is one of the best places i worked at. i would love to go back if i lived in PA.
Fun workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 20, 2017
I liked my job. The supervisors worked around your schedule because they knew you were a student and sometimes you can't always be there. I also liked my coworkers they were very friendly and tried to help as much as they could.
Decent work for decent pay
TELEMARKET REP (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 15, 2017
you got paid what you worked for, IT's a job for people wanting a start but not something to live off of, therefore self improvement is a must once you find what you want.
productive, busy and fun work place
Atlanta Bread (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 14, 2017
prepare for breakfast, serve breakfast from 7am- 10am then we start serving lunch at 11am and go through our tipical lunch rush from 11am- 3pm. from 3pm to 8pm we stock the store while attending to customers and around 9pm we start to close the store.
Pros
liked the new skills ive learned, the customers, and learning better ways to prepare for food.
Cons
short breaks, being over worked, under paid
Great
Put in-charge (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 13, 2017
Wonderful staff. Very flexible with my hours. Everyone was really nice and amazing. If you are looking for a good, flexible first job, I would highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Food Services of America Reviews by Location