Food Services of America

Food Services of America Employee Reviews in United States

Great working environment
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 21, 2016
Absolutely amazing coworkers. Everyone works as a team. Very organized and goal oriented community that thrives everyday to improve company's goals.
Switched field.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 17, 2016
I loved working there but had to switch to nursing because I have always loved to be in medical field.It is a nice and encouraging place to work.
Run away!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 14, 2016
Stay as far away from this place as possible. Worked here for 17years and treated like dirt for last 5 years. No respect for drivers and hard work you do here. Management cares only about numbers and hates people who are on FMLA or are sick or injured. They will find away to get rid of you and play favorites games with employees. Stay far away from here as Union does little to help you out when you need it most
Pros
Not a lot!
Cons
Management will throw you under the bus to self preserve themselves!
Fun place to work, develop customer service skills
Churches Chicken (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXJuly 11, 2016
My time at Church's Chicken was helpful to me. I was able to develop my customer service skills. I learned how to run a register and to work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly work environment, employee training
Cons
Short breaks, always fast paced
Different work environment
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJuly 5, 2016
Working for Canteen Services was a good job over all but poor training. I was trained in how to run the day, basic paperwork, and computer work but you are never really trained in how to handle inmates. I was given a book to read, as a training manuel as how to deal with inmates. I learned a lot about food temperatures, and diets. The hardest part was watching what to say around inmates but be stern and friendly at the same time.
Pros
less stress
Cons
inmates
Properly prepared food for a senior citizen center
Café Assistant Manager PENNSWOOD VILLAGE (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 5, 2016
Typical day:
-Routinely executed lunch, dinner and dessert preparations, while supervised staff members.
-Delegated responsibilities to staff.

The hardest part of the assistant manager job was to prepare all the feature desserts within the limited time frame.
The best part of the position was caring for the residents and growing a rapport.
Good but hours sucks
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 30, 2016
Worked there for 2 years, when we got taco johns and Dairy Queen, things got worst I started planing to quit, working 12 hrs every day (6pm -6am) people come n go, they hire today the next day he quits. In my 2 years I've seen more than 200 ppl hired and only 2 can stay, when I left 17 ppl were picking cases over 23,000.
If u need money then go there, start pay 17.85
Pros
Great money, free health care benefits
Cons
Long hours, management is awful, less equipment
Interesting Learning Place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 22, 2016
Long hours and wonderful service for the customers. The management there found ways to get us to try knew things without it being dangerous. Most of co-workers are easy to get along with then there's the co-workers who try to tell you what to do when the boss said something else which would get irritating. I learned how to recognize food allergies, different ways to cut up food by the recipe, and to make sure there was enough food. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with the co-workers who didn't know what they were talking about or cooking with my own personal allergies.
Pros
Free meals, allergy knowledge
Fsa
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 18, 2016
FSA was a good company to work for. Great people, great environment. I really enjoyed the time I spent with this company.
Fast-paced with high expectations of quality.
Lunchroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAJune 17, 2016
This is a high-energy, fast-paced position that requires strict application of all government sanitation and food safety rules. Because you are in a school you are expected to be professional at all times. Generally, the climate is good. As long as everyone does their jobs, the day flows smoothly. Very satisfying when you see the happy children who enjoy the product you have made for them.
Pros
Friendly environment, good hours, off summers
Cons
Constantly fast-paced, alot of scrubbing
lovey management
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GAJune 13, 2016
Zaxbys in portwentworth is the best the owner operator is the best. Makes sure the working conditions are up to participate also the pay rate is exceptable. Overall a great place to work.
Good Team fun people great supervisor
Order Selector/Associate (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 9, 2016
Learned to work as a team and set personal goals to help better myself and my team. my co workers were very supportive and friendly.
Pros
good pay and good company
Cons
long long hours
Worst 2 weeks of my life!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 5, 2016
I had an amazing interview, but everything changed when I started working. I didn't know who to go to for questions because my so called manager had a new role.
my "trainer" couldn't explain icons and didn't know the name of applications. She would say "to the right", " no,not there, go up", "it's RIGHT THERE ". She also gossiped about quite a few people, including the HR director.
I had an extremely difficult family emergency and because it was in a different state, I was told I would be fired if I went to be with her. The first day of my third week, I was let go and told I didn't do anything wrong. I had not made a mistake, I wasn't reprimanded for anything!!
BTW: my family member was diagnosed with cancer, What kind of person can live with themselves after being so hateful and selfish??? They have to live with it, not me!!
Pros
Not there long enough to know
Cons
Horrible HR Department
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 1, 2016
A typical work day would be to log in on time, starting packaging meals to be delivered to United Airlines for the passenger manifest. I learned how meals or prep and process for the safety of the food. Management was good, made sure breaks, were taken and lunch time was given , or if overtime was needed. My co-workers worked as a team player and helped out at times if an co-worker was behind. The hardest part of the job making sure every meal was accounted for and extra meals were given
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Getting to know different people
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX 77521April 28, 2016
Fast, productive, and getting the truck finished under two hour time limit.
Learned to scan merchandise with hand held device.
Managers help when you ask.
co-workers were fun to be around.
throwing the truck
lunch.
Pros
getting breaks, having an hour lunch
Cons
getting everyone to do there specific duty
was ok to work for
Janitor / Sanation (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 22, 2016
they pay is good but .insurence wasn't that good. and if you don't meet there work load they get rid of you. The mangament dosen't pull for there workers.This place is really unsafe company to work for. Be careful you don't get hurt.
Pros
no pro
Cons
poor insurence
Fun to work, team work,
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 22, 2016
Group effort, fast past, very nice boss, everyone helped everyone, kept the place clean, I learned to cook, work with others, I learned that every person counts to get the job down, the cleaning with co-workers was enjoyable, the hardest part was making sure the food was stocked and in the right place.
Good people to work with. Busy days.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Yermo, CAApril 13, 2016
Preparing and serving meals to students. Good people to work with.It helped me learn how to calculate amounts to prepare based on number of people being served with proper portion and nutrition requirements.
Pros
Staff Gatherings for Winter and Summer breaks. Same days off as children
Cons
Positions kept at 3-1/2 hours so did not qualify for benefits
Fun & productive work environment
Project Developer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 11, 2016
My typical day was a combination of managing accounts, working on projects as a direct support role for the sales department, completion of quotes & communication with vendors. Most of my time was spent working in Auto Quotes with the use of Salesforce. Towards the end of my time with the company I was in charge of handling the Home Depot account & was trained to load product skus, as well as pricing, into our systems. Management & Co-workers were lively & made the work day fly by. The hardest part of my job was being apart of a 2 man team & having large amounts of work come in at once. The best part of my job was completing projects & getting closer to our goal for the month, which we would reach 90% of the time.
Pros
Fun work environment, Vendor meetings/training sessions, free lunches, provided lunch at cafe, laid back but still professional, relaxed dress code, time off wasn't limited & fairly easy to have approved.
Cons
Raises were an issue, business wasn't managed properly which caused the company to lay off most of its workers
One of the best jobs I ever had
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 30, 2016
I worked 9-6 Monday-Friday, answered the phone both inbound and outbound calls to communicate to clients at my desk, had 3 screens to jump around from web site; fsw.com salesforce, to auto quotes to in order to sell restaurant equipment to new and existing clients.
Management was very supportive on our sales floor with me and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to be diverse in all the different products that we offered on the web site, we had up to 40,000 items that the customer could purchase. The most rewarding part of the job was to assist customers in their new/existing business ventures that they were creating and starting up. You never knew were your customer could be calling from because we were an Ecommerce company and they could be calling from anywhere in the world.
Pros
Great Christmas Bonus, Presents For Family, Work Outings Rockies Games
Cons
We grew to big to fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Food Services of America Reviews by Location