Food Services

Food Services Employee Reviews

Happy environment
Whittier City School Dictrict (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short hours
typical day prepping for all schools was great interacting with employees, and the children at school sites, was nice to make kids smile when they volunteered ti help set up lunch area.
My idea, my own time.
Baker, Boss. (Former Employee), Desert Hot Springs/Palm SpringsJuly 20, 2015
Pros: I baked whenever I could and made lots of money through this.
Cons: None.
Through this "job", I baked cupcakes and cookies for the students at my high school, and sold them to raise money for my AP tests. Since I had time after school and after homework, I baked the cupcakes and cookies so that I can sell them the next day.
Great co-workers. Fun and relaxed place to go to work.
Volunteer Projects (Former Employee), WYJuly 9, 2015
Organize my area and help prep the food.

Working in fast paced environments also have there benefits.

Calm and relaxed management position.

Co workers were awesome.

Being in a kitchen that was over 100 degrees during the summer months.

Going into the freezer.
Fun workplace and always something to do
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: No Cons
Every work day is basically the same just different food to prep. I do learn how to prep the food in different ways, learn faster ways and ways for it to come out better. The most I enjoy about the job is serving and making the students happy and full.
Efficient in Mass Production
Vegetable Preparation/Butcher (Former Employee), Lisbon, OHJune 19, 2015
 Cleaned and prepared vegetables for meals
 Provided sanitations services
 Carved and minced meat and vegetable for meals
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate portion control and maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume and fast-paced operation
Dietiary Aide
Dietician Aid/Hostess (Former Employee), Memphis, TnMay 14, 2015
Prepared and disbursed meals in the in the cafeteria; stocked vending machines and cashiered every day and account money end of the day. I was served customers by understanding resolving or forwarding complaints and adjusting order. Maintained safe operation clean appearance of facility's dining area and kitchen area. Normally receives no intron routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Community Renewal Team
Food Server (Former Employee), Hartford CT 06114May 6, 2015
Cons: CDA, Bilingual and CPR
i worked as a Teacher Assitant with preschoolers ,I supported the teacher with different assignment and children' s evaluations. I learned to work with challenging behavior children and keep a safe envirornment in the classroom.
My wife and I bought and managed this business while in college
Self employed (Former Employee), NatchitochesMay 5, 2015
Pros: it was our business so we did well for ourselevs
Cons: we had no benifits
good place to work and hang out all day never felt like work really
helping people reach their personal goals was rewarding.
we had a few employees to help with different programs we offered.
best part of the day was really all day.
Love my school
Day Porter (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2015
Working with other students and staff is great. It allows me to network. I am the person people see first when visiting campus and looking for food.
overall good people skills, great work place. Easy to get to from home.
temp (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2015
Great work enviroment.Easy to be a team member.I would have liked to been a complete worker for this company. but overall i was happy with my time with them.
Challenging, fast-paced work environment
Bus Boy, Pizza boy, delivery boy at Traverso (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 3, 2015
The customer is always put first and personal agendas are not welcome in respect to the customer's needs. An employee needs to love the food industry and want to give others a pleasurable dining experience.
Time Management
Cook (Former Employee), Derby, KSFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I enjoy people socializing. I am to greet the guests, clean tables, keeping the breakfast area clean and deliver hot fresh food.
I enjoy helping other employees with there job duties and putting a smile on the guests.
Productive and fun environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 18, 2015
had a great experience here giving out the food to the less fortunate on Thanksgiving Day.The people were great and i had a great time. Just seeing the smiles on they face was award enough for me.
Fast-paced.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Wallkill, NYFebruary 12, 2015
I learned the importance of discipline, great work ethic, and just working hard. I enjoyed this job because I enjoy seeing people satisfied, especially when I am the reason.
Great place for experience
Shift Runner (Former Employee), Damascus, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyable staff and hours.
Cons: no health care for average workers.
I started out here part-time as a cook. I loved it so much! The manager asked me to become full-time so I put in a notice at the other job I was working at. They had higher wages, so I was happy to work full-time. It was nice to come to know all of the regulars and their families. I did not find anything hard about this job. The work could be very demanding and fast paced, still it was never hard. I always loved working here. I was promoted to shift runner within three months. I was also training to become Assistant Manager.
Wonderful Place at first
Salesperson (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 24, 2015
At first you start out in the job and it seems like everything is ok, and that this job will be awesome. Give yourself 3 months there and you realize everyone hates each other. If you happen to get in a store where the manager cares that awesome. I did not. Both the stores I worked at the managers did not care, they were very lazy sat in there office all day long. The management also came off as I don't care attitude. I was supposed to promote up and become a shift leader in the company. That never happened due how understaffed people are.
THE KIDS COME FIRST
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJanuary 2, 2015
I PERPARED MEALS THAT WENT OUT MONDAY THUR FRIDAY . PREPARED AFTER SCHOOL SNACKS AND COUNTED BY LOAD CASE.I LEARNED THAT THESE MEALS MIGHT BE THEIR ONLY MEAL SO IT ALL COMES FROM LOVING AND CARING FOR THE KIDS .THE BEST PART OF JOB IS SEEING THE KIDS SMILE AND FULL .
dunkin' donuts
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, CTDecember 30, 2014
a typical day at work is very busy and easy to get through. we are constantly moving around making sure every order that comes through to us is made correct and fast

the hardest part of the job is becoming a big family and there will always be drama in the work place, even if you do not try to make any.
I have learned a great deal of responsibilities working at this establishment. i learned teamwork and how to properly communicate with customers and employees, even after a conflict or complaint has occurred.

the management is well organized and is very fair.
i was the pharmacist right hand
Certified trainer and mixolgists (Former Employee), hyvee, southern hills in sioux city, iowaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: learning something new every time i worked with the pharmacist
Cons: short on pharmacy help, i worked all the time but i liked my pay checks
i had hands experience from the pharmacist to teach me the pharmacy technician position. i was put in the pharmacy right away upon being hired at hy-vee. i felt very successful in my career at hyvee. i was excellent at what i did behind the pharmacy. i gained the pharmacists trust because my work was 100%. i was in charge of ordering at the end of my shift. i also became very knowledable with taing customers prescription, typing it up, running it through their insurance, and taking their medicine off the shelf and filling their prescription with little or no mistakes. the pharmacists would check my work beforwe it was given to the customer. i was trained very well behind the pharmacy that even the hyvee mangers could rely on me and trust my work was 100%

1 2 3 4