Food and Beverage Employee Reviews in United States

Sometimes a high stress but fun job all about time management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 10, 2016
I love this job, it's really all about getting the job done efficiently and to the best of our abilities. Also, perfection is a big part of this job. We have to do everything to the specifications set by out bosses, because our customers pay high dollar for the very best. Typically, its fun and productive. We are a well oiled team that is very good at what they do with our managers just overseeing the job to their specifications. The hardest part of the job is the late, and long hours that we sometimes work, but it is also the most rewarding part. The most enjoyable part of the job has got to be the satisfaction we feel when an event goes off without a hitch.
Pros
Leftovers from events for our lunches, great management and great coworkers
Cons
It's only part time.
Royal Lahiana Resort, Maui, Hawaii
busser (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HISeptember 20, 2015
A very pleasant experience working right next to the beach. Location made even the not so good days seem better. Working with and serving people from all over the world. Working with vacationers, business types, and locals made for a interesting mix. The cons were the lack of pay compared to the price of living in Hawaii.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Great teamwork and management
intern at "Admirl's Cove Country Club" (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, Florida, USAJuly 22, 2016
One of the best places you can work at. You receive support at any point. People help each other and there are great policies and rules that employees and managemnt work with perfectly. You have to be a really hard worker so you can succeed there and prove yourself. We were respected and heard. Best placement year!
Very laid back job with terrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAApril 17, 2016
Management was absolutely terrible, and was very unfair when it came to scheduling. Some of the customers were snobby although there were plenty of nice ones. Most of the staff was pleasant to work with and a good few weren't.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
terrible management
Hilton Garden Inn
Banquet captain , Chef , Server , Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hilton Garden InnJuly 15, 2015
I loved the people I worked with at this location, made a ton of lifelong friends.

Management was what drove me away. Had about 4 or 5 General Managers in the 2 years I was here. Had 3 different Food and Beverage managers as well as a span of 2 or 3 months with just us employees taking over and running the entire show.

Teamwork is one of the best things I learned about working here. Everyone had a part and if we got busy, all of us knew the other positions well enough to fill in as needed to get through it all.
Pros
Free food ( occasionally), travel perks
Cons
long hours, not having the right tools to do the job ( poor management)
I wanna come back
Food prep and maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 18, 2015
Was a great place to work, got to meet people from all over the world. Work is very demanding and leaves little time outside of work to enjoy benefits but still worth working and enjoying.
Pros
great hours and advancement capabilities
Cons
long hours, sometimes hot conditions
Working with the public is awesome. I enjoy sharing stories .
attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 21, 2016
Come in make tea and coffee, fill up ice machines and make sure cups and all condiments are stocked. The hardest part of job was dishwasher because there wasn't a dishwasher so I would have to do my own. I enjoyed listening to the soldiers and vets because i'm a vet also and my daughter is active duty.
Pros
Meeting someone new everyday.
Cons
Doing dishes.
Working hand to hand with other people
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 4, 2016
Been able to help other to obtain what they were looking for.
A typical day at work greet the guest and make ensure them a magical day.
I really enjoyed working for Sunmakers. My work was challenging and fun
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  SeattleAugust 16, 2013
I worked long days but the time went by fast because I enjoyed my work.
I learned many new skills, interacted with many new people and had many traveling experiences.
The management was for the most part very supportive.
I truly enjoyed most of my co-workers. We worked well together as a team.
Routine and monotonous was what felt the hardest.
Planning fam trips and traveling with co-workers and travel agents.
Pros
discounted and free travel.
Cons
long hours with little compensation.
Productive learning place
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 12, 2015
Its a busy fast pace enviorment, I love my job and everyone i come in contact with, It helps build great customer service skills and and great people skills due to the different people you deal with customers and co workers,My day consist of ordering setting schedules, dealing with customer issues maintaining a team of 45 and over including back of the house and front of the house, the hardest part of the job would be some launge diffculties and the most enjoyable part is the laughs and customers.
A place that certainly has the potential, but Management hasn't a clue
Food and Beverage Lecturer (Current Employee) –  My location now is Tobago. (Trinidad & Tobago)January 20, 2015
A typical day at work is getting on Campus at 8:00am, depending on your assigned shift. I mostly work for 12:00noon to 8:00pm.
You enter the classroom where students are always absent. You try to complete your course schedule, but the Marketing department is always on a different role. You sometime begin a class to then hear there will be a staff meeting.
Functions are taken at the Institute and sometimes classes have to be held in inappropriate classrooms/or cancelled.
The students are not the School's priority,
Management is disorganized and lack of effective communication is viral. Some co-workers are not qualified to do the job. I believe the most difficult part of the job is not knowing what you're going to teach until a few days before. Rather than allowing 'Faculty to plan for their classes, they always seem to have some way out training session, that uses us valuable time.
Undoubtedly the most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with students. I do believe that I bring out the very best in someone.
Teaching was my first passion, hence the reason I loved teaching there. I do not like teaching there because, people who haven't a clue about the Hospitality, are clueless. They think you demand too much for your client/guest.
Pros
teaching is my passion, we do benefit from holidays, we have a medical plan, we have a retirement plan.
Cons
not enough planning time, too many meetings, salary needs improvement, no scope for personal career upliftment, lack of respect for lecturers.
great customers
assistant/ bartender/ kitchen (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2015
I worked all positions in the club house setting, from bartending, serving, cooking etc.. Also did inventory, scheduling, and setting up for parties and tournaments.
Co-workers were all much younger, but they respected me.
The hardest part of my job was moving heavy tables and chairs when setting up and breaking down for the parties.
I loved my customers, and enjoyed waiting on them and helping them with their functions.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
long hours in season, and very slow summer months
High paced environment, needed to train and schedule employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Teton Village, WYSeptember 18, 2015
Company has changed hands now, staff was seasonal and needed much training to reach the level of customer services that was needed to meet paying clients expectations. This place has great potential to be one of the nicest place to stay when going to Jackson Hole Mountain.
Pros
Great location, beautiful establishment and potential to make a good living
Cons
Systems and process needed refining but weren't willing to make changes, therefore it closed
Fun place to work
server (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 26, 2014
I loved my job. Different everyday. Wonderful everyday people coming and going. Great company to work for! You have to be a team to make it work. Own It .
Pros
great benefits, advancement
Good side job.
associate (Former Employee) –  3524 S Peoria Ave TulsaApril 13, 2013
Keo is not a terrible place to work, decent starting pay. Managers will recognized effort at work and you will be rewarded with raises from time to time. Only real issue was the amount of hours available to anyone who wasn't a server or cook.
Fun place environment
Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  1600 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VA 23047October 9, 2015
This employer was an awesome experience. Everyone was a very people person. Never minded worker with me an so did I. I enjoyed every part of the position I worked.
Horrible work environment
Cocktail Waitress/server & bouncer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJuly 1, 2015
- serving alcohol and food to customers
- I learned to to handle people that are under the influence
- management is incompetent and lazy
- co-workers were fun
- trying to remained organized when there is no leadership and organization
- preforming security services in heels
- the customers
Energentic and fun
Stand Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 25, 2015
Always something different and exciting. I handle inventory, sales, crew and customer service. There is always something new to learn there.
Pros
fun work enviorment
Cons
not enough events
Great company to work for.
Lounge Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2012
Small practilly family run company with the corporate benefits.
Pros
family meals
Cons
erratic schedule
Multiple skills and knowledge experienced through a multitude of different individuals
Management and training (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 18, 2014
Capabilities must include customer service and satisfaction along with flexibility. Both time management and money management is a necessity.
Pros
different types of people, tips, and entertainment
Cons
long hours, unpredictable at times, inexperienced employees