Food and Drug Administration

Food and Drug Administration United States Employee Reviews

Biologist Lab Assistant during summer internship
Biologist Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2015
Biologist Lab Assistant: I learned a lot in the lab and experiment on seafood(clams) and Plankton, microscope, and research. The management was good and got along with co workers very well.
nice place to work
Tier 1- FDA Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), silver springFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month
everyone knows what they suppose to do and get it done .
managers make sure all tickets are processed.
they are pretty nice and listen to you
Federal Government
Program Support Specialist (Former Employee), College Park, MDNovember 23, 2014
Job Security was excellent until they decided to hire contractors
N A
PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDNovember 7, 2014
 Delivered support to 75 tenant commands (approximately 8500 military and 15,600 civilian) via auditing, check balancing, quality assurance, purchase reconciliation, and adjusting travel reimbursement; gathered information on a variety of subjects and compiled financial, statistical, and legal reports.
Great Experience
Consumer Safety Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay and job security
Clerical duties. You record messages and assist FDA investigators in their handling of food/drug samples. You process and review reports and oversee firm corespondance.
Educational Student Internship
Student Intern (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 15, 2014
Aside from the cubicle lifestyle, this internship within the FDA was an enriching experience. I was given the opportunity to work on a database project designed to make searching for licensing history easier for the CBER division. With this I was given the task to design, load, and test the database for any potential kinks. The FDA is a great place to work with a ton of job security and plenty of your standard government employee benefits. Overall, I came away from this job with the most beneficial experience when it comes to managing time, working with deadlines, and giving presentations.
###
Cincinnati District/Columbus Resident Post (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2014
Great place to learn continuously and keep your mind sharp, while protecting the public!
Federal Government
Secretary to the Director (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2014
Pros: steady employment
A typical day for me was to answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls. Receive and direct visitors and clients. general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing, maintain electronic and hard copy filing system, retrieve documents from filing system
handle requests for information and data, resolve administrative problems and inquiries, prepare written responses to routine inquiries
prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails. Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
maintain office supply inventories, coordinate maintenance of office equipment, coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash.

I learned about Congressional matters, as well as how to make Executive Secretary decision.

Management was great, fair, friendly and generous

Co-workers were different big office staff of 21 many different personalities and ways, for the most part enjoyable.

The hardest part was to resign.

I enjoyed my position with FDA as Secretary I love office work.
Professional place yet very friendly and fun people
Intern/Junior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
This is a very professional place where everyone is friendly and tries to help. Great benefits and also room for growth and advancement.
The FDA is great place to work.
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: telework, work/life and flexibility
Cons: sequestration
A typical day at work is performing daily operational checks on the applications I managed. I learned a new methodology to employ for developing projects rapidly. My management is changing due to my supervisor accepting a position with another agency. I have a great team and work with people who are bright and talented. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with emails, especially after vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a thank you with a smile, after resolving a customer IT related issue.
Loved it!
Office Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 14, 2014
The FDA was my best and most current job. I loved working with the people and they truly made me feel like I was a team player and an essential part of the tier.
Ok Place to work
Deputy Director (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2014
Not bad not good. Its what you make it. Not a place to spend your whole career but a pretty good place to start.
A research oriented environment.
research fellow (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 23, 2014
A very suitable place to develop your research skills further.
A nice place to work.
COMPLIANCE INSPECTION ANALYST (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 10, 2014
This company has established a great start for me in the compliance field. I look forward to advancing my career with a progressive company.
FDA
Safety Evaluator (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great team
I had a great experience working at the FDA. I worked with a wonderful team, and had supportive mentors.
Productive and interesting
Scientific Reviewer (Former Employee), MDDecember 31, 2013
I learned various aspects of medical device industry from product design, clinical trials, to final launch of the product. In here, I worked with people from various backgrounds: statisticians, academicians, regulatory board etc. One of my best jobs held.
Overall, a very good place to work
Science Advisor (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 6, 2013
I was treated with respect by most of my peers and supervisors. I as able to work with fairly sophisticated instrumentation. Sometimes it takes a long time to get new equipment and supplies.
Best benefits to work for the government
Import Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: federal benefits
Cons: too much traveling
During my years in FDA gain a lot of knowledge on laws for products that come from abroad to USA. i.e food, rx drugs and perfumes.

Did a lot of training as I enter a secretary and went to school to become an expert in Import department. Had 16 inspectors that I had to assign and check their accomplishments on their daily assignments.
dd
ss (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2013
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
Interesting work with flexible hours
STAFF FELLOW (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Overall working at FDA is great. The work is interesting and there is a lot of opportunity for training and learning new things. The down sides are that there is not enough opportunity to grow and advance. In some cases, advancement is difficult and can involve a very long drawn out process. Also, the compensation is not in keeping with industry.