Food and Drug Administration Employee Reviews

great place to work
Consumer Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 25, 2017
Relaxed environment. Very family friendly. Intellectually stimulating.
Many opportunities to work in different work places. Many training activites available.
Pros
family friendly, flexible work hours
nothing to complain about
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 8, 2017
this job was great for a time but couldn't stay here forever management was great but the job after 8 months wasn't fully for me is all and it was impacting my social/family life
Pros
food brought in occasionally, friendly staff, paid time off
Cons
not much lawyer personality which isn't expected but I have a outgoing and talkative personality
Excellent work environment
Pathways Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 7, 2017
The work was rewarding. We were helping advance new drugs and find cures. The people were nice and worked hard. I worked as a summer intern so there was not an option to stay long term.
Pros
People
Atmosphere is Amazing
Full-Time Student Trainee (Administrative Support) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 19, 2017
The atmosphere at headquarters reminds me of a college campus. It is very laid back while remaining work-oriented. All of the workers strive to get work done but the overall morale is a little isolated.
Low stress slow paced.
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Oak, MDOctober 18, 2017
8-5 job with limited stress, but requires motivated personality. Duties tend to repeat themselves on a monthly basis. Relatively hands-off approach to management.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Can be monotonous
good work environment
Regulatory and Research Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, AROctober 17, 2017
would recommend to potential employees . good hours and sufficient salary. private office and lab bench with lab coats and safety gear provided. good health insurance.
FDA was large, they have very important mission. There was not much time for any relaxation.
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 2, 2017
When working for FDA everything was exceptionally moving, that is because scientists were working different hours. Our job in HR was to ensure that we got them promoted through the peer review process, which is very timely, much documentation, updating the peer review system, hiring foreign scientists as well as students. However, the work overall challenging.
Pros
Getting some time to telework, and received a promotion.
Cons
My cons were mentioned above in my review.
Contractor
Contracted interim project manager, valet parking (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 22, 2017
Nice Campus. Worked on the Campus since 2014. Wonderful work environment. I do not work directly for the FDA I am contractor with another company but great site.
Great Agency
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, MDAugust 24, 2017
The FDA is a great organization to work for. There are many moving parts so you have a chance to move around from project to project if you like. It provides a stable work environment. I would recommend it.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Average Pay
Not very efficient
Data & Text Analytic Intern (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 15, 2017
Job objectives changes frequently and the goal is ambiguous. The paper work is some how too much to let employees focus on the real job. Overall the job is not very demanding.
Fun place but toxic at times
Human Resource Classification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 15, 2017
Providing customer service through classification with inexperienced managers causes the culture to become toxic. This was the hardest part of my job but I love working with my customers.
Pros
Benefits was great
Cons
Toxic managers
Productive and High-paced work environment that contributes to public health
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 1, 2017
I have been working as a HR Specialist with the Federal Government for 10 years. It is a great career and plenty room for advancement. You have some flexibility and work life balance.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Long hours and very few increases.
Food & Drug ADM.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  silver spring, marylanfJune 24, 2017
I have learned about the different types of systems the administrators use to process the different types of medicine and how to respond to inquires about medicines and food.
Professional environment with smart, intelligent indivduals who all work together to complete specific tasks, while learning team building skills.
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 16, 2017
Working for the FDA has been a phenomenal experience. I have learned so much about records management and also learned the basics on how to submit data entry. Working here has given me the opportunity to expand my skills and has also helped me open new doors.
Pros
Free luncheons occations and the staff
Cons
Short Breaks, commute is too far
Great work culture and balanced working atmosphere
Scientist: Post Doctoral (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Exciting science, evolved as a leader, co-principal investigator, and accomplished great results for many grants. Trained students and get their projects published in journal and prepared them for presentation at international conferences.
Microbiologist/ Biologist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Productive and Rewarding. Great place to work in cooperative environment. Busy but rewarding, with complete satisfaction. Could have been straight forward, but things change depending on case by case basis.
Government agencey with mission to protect nation;s food and drugs
Research Associate Contractor, Center (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Good work environment with very smart research scientists. Very professional and good opportunity to grow and thrive your career
Excellent work place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 30, 2016
Quality of life and work environment is great. Working conditions were great and environment is good. I enjoy doing the tasks at hand and interacting with employees.
Good Job
CyberSecurity Analyst II/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2016
Good job, great starting point or end point. Excellent people working here. Pay is above average. Location is far (from Frederick). Advancement opportunities are sub par.
Company review summary
Network Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 8, 2016
"I loved working for these people. Although I worked remotely from home, I nevertheless formed a close personal relationship with the people I worked with (with the help of occasional face-to-face meetings). Very professional. I was given a lot of independence. I'd work for them again in a heartbeat. For "The ability to improve and move up" I have marked "average" because this was a consulting position that had a hard limit of 36 months according to company policy. When it ended, there was no permanent position available in the same group. I would have gladly stayed if allowed to."