Food and Drug Administration Employee Reviews

Professional environment with smart, intelligent indivduals who all work together to complete specific tasks, while learning team building skills.
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 16, 2017
Working for the FDA has been a phenomenal experience. I have learned so much about records management and also learned the basics on how to submit data entry. Working here has given me the opportunity to expand my skills and has also helped me open new doors.
Pros
Free luncheons occations and the staff
Cons
Short Breaks, commute is too far
Great work culture and balanced working atmosphere
Scientist: Post Doctoral (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Exciting science, evolved as a leader, co-principal investigator, and accomplished great results for many grants. Trained students and get their projects published in journal and prepared them for presentation at international conferences.
Microbiologist/ Biologist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Productive and Rewarding. Great place to work in cooperative environment. Busy but rewarding, with complete satisfaction. Could have been straight forward, but things change depending on case by case basis.
Government agencey with mission to protect nation;s food and drugs
Research Associate Contractor, Center (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Good work environment with very smart research scientists. Very professional and good opportunity to grow and thrive your career
Excellent work place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 30, 2016
Quality of life and work environment is great. Working conditions were great and environment is good. I enjoy doing the tasks at hand and interacting with employees.
Good Job
CyberSecurity Analyst II/Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2016
Good job, great starting point or end point. Excellent people working here. Pay is above average. Location is far (from Frederick). Advancement opportunities are sub par.
Company review summary
Network Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 8, 2016
"I loved working for these people. Although I worked remotely from home, I nevertheless formed a close personal relationship with the people I worked with (with the help of occasional face-to-face meetings). Very professional. I was given a lot of independence. I'd work for them again in a heartbeat. For "The ability to improve and move up" I have marked "average" because this was a consulting position that had a hard limit of 36 months according to company policy. When it ended, there was no permanent position available in the same group. I would have gladly stayed if allowed to."
Productive workplace with outstanding coworkers
Intern (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 7, 2016
The work that this agency does for the country is extremely important and the people who work here are not only extremely qualified to do this job, but they are the nicest most diverse group of people. Even with a large workload they are efficient and positive.
It is a very productive workplace
Consumer Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  White Oak, MDOctober 16, 2016
I enjoy my job as a Senior Reviewer and my co-workers are hard-working. The management is very professional and helpful. I enjoy performing triage and ownership.
Senior Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 15, 2016
Good environment a good meting pot environment that will make you feel wanted.
Very friendly people with versatile skills.
Pros
Flexbility and good working culture
Cons
Exciting workplace, employees were great
Document Conversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 8, 2016
I loved every minute of working at the FDA. It was a wonderful working experience and I would love to go back. The environment was impeccable. I absolutely loved my job and my coworkers as well as my supervisor.
Conventional Government Position
Office Automation Clerk *Internship (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 11, 2016
This job was great for getting the formal experience in the job world. Lots of filing, and small tasks for upper management employees. The one thing that I wanted to gain out of this experience is spending more time so that I could have gained more experience.
Stressful
Records Management Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 4, 2016
I've been working here for 10 years, it helps me get by that's it, the work environment is stressful because they talk to you like you're children...
Fda
Health Manager (Current Employee) –  College Park, MD 20740May 3, 2016
Great place to work, Fast paced organization with layers of controls.
Many managers are in the "acting" position and this holds things up for years.
Fast Paced and Structured
Program Analyst (Student) (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 27, 2016
Good training for pathways intern. Had an awesome team. The work was fast paced. Telework allowed. Supervisors worked in teams as well. Very good structure and delegation of duties. I have nothing negative to say about the FDA.
Pros
Funny and fun team
Great Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 22, 2016
Great place to work if you are not a contractor. If you are a Fed than you are good. Contractor sometimes have it rough. New buildings. Friendly poeple.
Pros
Nice Cafetiria
Cons
Contracting
Very dynamic environment
SME/Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 15, 2016
Very fast pace and dynamic environment. Hardest part of the job was requirements changing until last minute. Very challenging requirements to implement.
Excellent Employer
Office of Operations-Associate Ombudsman (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Excellent Public Service Employer
Focus on employee development, recruitment of high caliber scientific talent, focus on employee engagement, work-life balance.
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 3, 2016
As soon as I walked in the front door I was given task to complete. The management was able to give any form of assignments whether its was lengthy or short term.
Productive and relaxed workplace.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I was mainly a clerk who just organized files and assisted with office cleanliness. It was my first job in an office environment and I learned many things about working in a formal setting as I was in high school at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food and Drug Administration. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4