Food and Drug Administration

Food and Drug Administration Employer Reviews

Professional place yet very friendly and fun people
Intern/Junior Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2014
This is a very professional place where everyone is friendly and tries to help. Great benefits and also room for growth and advancement.
The FDA is great place to work.
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: telework, work/life and flexibility
Cons: sequestration
A typical day at work is performing daily operational checks on the applications I managed. I learned a new methodology to employ for developing projects rapidly. My management is changing due to my supervisor accepting a position with another agency. I have a great team and work with people who are bright and talented. The hardest part of the job is – more... keeping up with emails, especially after vacation. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a thank you with a smile, after resolving a customer IT related issue. – less
Loved it!
Office Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 14, 2014
The FDA was my best and most current job. I loved working with the people and they truly made me feel like I was a team player and an essential part of the tier.
Ok Place to work
Deputy Director (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2014
Not bad not good. Its what you make it. Not a place to spend your whole career but a pretty good place to start.
A research oriented environment.
research fellow (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 23, 2014
A very suitable place to develop your research skills further.
A nice place to work.
COMPLIANCE INSPECTION ANALYST (Current Employee), Rockville, MDFebruary 10, 2014
This company has established a great start for me in the compliance field. I look forward to advancing my career with a progressive company.
FDA
Safety Evaluator (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great team
I had a great experience working at the FDA. I worked with a wonderful team, and had supportive mentors.
Productive and interesting
Scientific Reviewer (Former Employee), MDDecember 31, 2013
I learned various aspects of medical device industry from product design, clinical trials, to final launch of the product. In here, I worked with people from various backgrounds: statisticians, academicians, regulatory board etc. One of my best jobs held.
Overall, a very good place to work
Science Advisor (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 6, 2013
I was treated with respect by most of my peers and supervisors. I as able to work with fairly sophisticated instrumentation. Sometimes it takes a long time to get new equipment and supplies.
Best benefits to work for the government
Import Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 19, 2013
Pros: federal benefits
Cons: too much traveling
During my years in FDA gain a lot of knowledge on laws for products that come from abroad to USA. i.e food, rx drugs and perfumes.

Did a lot of training as I enter a secretary and went to school to become an expert in Import department. Had 16 inspectors that I had to assign and check their accomplishments on their daily assignments.
dd
ss (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2013
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
Interesting work with flexible hours
STAFF FELLOW (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Overall working at FDA is great. The work is interesting and there is a lot of opportunity for training and learning new things. The down sides are that there is not enough opportunity to grow and advance. In some cases, advancement is difficult and can involve a very long drawn out process. Also, the compensation is not in keeping with industry.
Great Place to Work
Performance Test Lead (Current Employee), Rockville, MDSeptember 18, 2013
• Create test scripts for ORA application including PLATS, MARCS, OASIS, Entry
• Execute Performance testing using Loadrunner, ALM Performance Center and find performance bottleneck in the applications
• Develop Testing artifacts and Testing Best Practices for Overall testing
• Create and execute QTP test scripts for ORA applications
• Work with development – more... team to resolve test finding, defects and re-test. – less
Professional workspace where you can learn regulatory science. Also fun, having a gym within and frequent courses
contractor (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 7, 2013
Serious and critical regulatory culture. Pay attention to detail. Good place to develop critical thinking, viewing issues from multiple angles, not purely in the scientific way, but also in social beneficial perspective.
A Professional and Enjoyable Workplace
Biomedical Engineer / Medical Device Reviewer (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 26, 2013
Pros: stability, benefits
Cons: salary, bureaucracy
A typical workday is spent interacting with co-workers and industry representatives and reviewing medical device submissions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant exposure to new products and innovations.
Government Agency
Consumer Safety Officer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 27, 2013
Pros: coworkers, knowledge learned, important mission
Cons: workload excessive, turnover
Very heavy workload. Great coworkers. Management troubles with too many people leaving. All in all not bad.
Great experience
Fellow (Current Employee), Silver SpringJune 20, 2013
Pros: independent work environment
Cons: one year fellowship
As a fellow at the FDA I am working on an analysis of patient-focused drug development. A manuscript will be submitted for publication at the end of the fellowship. My work is heavy in computer search and MSWord document building. The team of people around me are all professional reviewers for FDA and are always ready to help me when asked. Learning – more... about the processes of the FDA regulations is fascinating. – less
Productive Environment where respect of persons is priority.
Database Administration/Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2013
Pros: excellent management, great hours, comfortable work environment, vacation
Cons: no benefits, temporary
A typical day at this job included morning and afternoon meetings along with a daily email of tasks to complete and an email at the end of each shift to document completed assignments and upcoming assignments due for completion. I learned how the Southeast Region of the FDA receive their budget, what they are allowed to spend it on, how much time they – more... have to spend it, and what happens if the money is or is not spent. Management was very impactful, approachable, and excellent and solving problems and teaching others how to solve problems as well. Co-workers worked well as a team. The hardest part of this job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of this job was constantly learning new information that was beneficial inside and outside of the job. – less
Good Place to Work.
Summer Intern- Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 18, 2013
My role at the FDA was that of a summer intern, but I quickly proved to be more valuable to the office, enough to be given my own workspace and allowed to assist fellow employees with their various projects. My ability to keep a well organized station and quickly grasp the finer points of the FDA's filing system gained the admiration of other employees – more... who then began asking me to perform background research for their various projects. – less
Awesome environment to work in. Wonderful co-workers who made me feel like I was part of a team.
Management Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MarylandJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: i was able to further my education, a major benefit was continuing education. i took classes at the local community college.
Cons: perhaps the commute.
Busy, multi-tasked, interacted with many others in the division.