Foodland Employee Reviews

Locally owned and Family oriented
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 21, 2016
Foodland is a great company to work for. Its my first job and I've been employed with them for 12 years and loved it. I've been given many opportunities to grow with in the store over the years. Such as courtesy clerk, cashier, in-store and scan coordinator, closing and over night manager, and office clerk. A typical day at work would be counting register tills, helping customers, monitoring register lines, breaks and lunches for cashier and courtesy clerks. Management are very professional and willing to help in any way possible. We all worked well together . The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing customers come back to shop because I did all I could to satisfy their needs.
Pros
rewarded with shaka bucks
Cons
n/a
Fun job
Meat Department (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 5, 2016
I enjoy working here, but currently looking for something with more hours and offers benefits.Also something in a different career
Productive and Fun Workplace*
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dadeville, ALMay 10, 2016
When i first arrived at work the first thing i would do is have a conversation with my manager about what i was expected to do for the day. Sometimes this would consist of my manager telling me what register i would be on for the day, and nothing more. Other times i would learn about another department that i would be helping in for the day, or a project that i would be in charge of for the day. The days that i spent in other departments would usually be right after we got a truck in and they needed help putting the merchandise on the floor. Apart from checking out customers, at the end of the day i would be required to clean the floors around my register, my register with a disinfectant, the break room, etc. The day would end with my manager counting down my drawer.
it was challenging everyday different issues
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
I learned so many different job hats it was very exciting challenging from security store resets operations one of the challenging taking on produce/buyer supervisor with very little produce knowledge weeky price changes it was very much a great learning experience and i also loved merchandising departments it is one of my strong ponts.
Loud lack common sense rude selfish mean
Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 11, 2016
Overall it wasn't to horrible working there it was my first job just some of the staff was completely rude and was to the customers to but I don't think you get paid as much as you should you literally work your butt off if do what you are really supposed too. They are unsanitary the managers have attitudes they accuse and point fingers at any. They always have old food they reuse everything they use expired food always the cheap way.
Pros
got a lot of hours sometimes when someone called off
Cons
new people everyday rude workers deli wasn't clean
meat cutter bagger carryout retail stocks person
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Gassaway, WVJuly 28, 2016
it was good place for customer service. they were good to the people. Anytime you needed something they were there. My managers and employee's were friendly and like family. They would go out of there way to help people in need with what ever they need
Good first job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Great coworkers and feels like working with family, but favoritism is present. A lot is asked for from you but with good pacing everything can be accomplished.
Cons
Minimum wage, hardly no raises, management is unfair
Very nice place to shop for groceries.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVSeptember 14, 2016
Management, and advance placement should chamge a little bit if I had the choice. Also as well that there was too much favoritism involved in certain areas of the work place I didnt approve of.
Pros
Work style
Cons
Managment
Great People, Bad Company
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Killen, ALJuly 11, 2016
My coworkers and managers were great to work with, however the policies of the company make it a bad place to work for, It feels that it company is more concerned about the bottom line than for customer service or employee advancement/retention.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Sissonville, WVAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work is cutting meat and putting plastic around it.

What I learned during this job was the proper way to cutting meat and wrapping meat.

The management was handle just fine.

Co-workers were friendly to each other.
Fun at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ford City, PAJune 14, 2016
Foodland was a great place to work for someone in high school. I wouldn't go back here because one they went out of business and two the owner wasn't very nice. He found problems with everything you did even if there was no problems. The other employees were great and the atmosphere was nice too.
Great customer service and friendly coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 18, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Foodland. The managers and my coworkers were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot about customer service and sales. Management was also very flexible when working with my schedule, even when I had a second job. The hardest part of the job was learning to resolve problems when it came to customer complaints. The most enjoyable part was being part of the Foodland family and the friendships made while working there.
Pros
Very friendly work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes had very difficult customer service experiences
Very unprofessional place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PAJanuary 7, 2016
My typical day at work was long and slow. But work is work so i put up with it. My boss was very unprofessional. Management was terrible. My co-workers agreed with me about the management. I would never go back to this job.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Terrible management
Good place to work with limited room for advancement
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 14, 2015
The experience overall is great but there is little room for advancement. Management is willing to work alongside your daily outside life to accomadate your needs. The pay scale is fair but on the lower end compared to national averages.
Fun work place
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kanawha City, WVJune 13, 2016
Great part time job. I worked here as a teenager and I'd have my son work here too. Very fun work days and it always went by fast because I was always doing something.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVApril 4, 2016
I worked in the deli, as a cook for one year. Then I moved to the produce department. Had a great boss that taught me a lot about the company and what needed to be done.
Great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALMay 3, 2016
Never had to worry about losing my job. The only bad thing is that you could never get a raise. Would love all of your coworkers.
Not difficult
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scotts Hill, TNMarch 25, 2016
It wasn't a very difficult job other than standing for longer periods of time. Sometimes I would be required at the last minute to work longer than my shift. Coworkers were nice and customers were too.
Cons
Standing
Good work environment although such retail operations often lead to in-house politics, and a kind of pecking order.
Meat Cutter & Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 5, 2015
Overall good work environment. As I traveled among most of the Oahu stores in the first two years of employment, I experienced among managers and fellow employees a range of personalities from open and receptive to exclusive and cold. For the most part the former personalities prevailed and there was usually a spirit of cooperation.
Upper management were, for the most part extremely helpful and encouraged bottom line participation without de-personalizing anyone. (They helped you feel like a team player).
Pros
Good emphasis on team work.
Cons
Tendency to move employees around without regard to travel challenges.
Great place to start though it was many many years agao
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 8, 2015
Started there and was quite happy but resigned because I wanted to stay home with my children. At the time management was good and as long as you did what was expected of you things worked out. Provided a good work environment especially when there are always pros and cons with customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foodland. Our community is ready to answer.