Foodland United States Employee Reviews

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Keaau, HIApril 27, 2015
Pros: Double Maikai Rewards
Cons: No Employee Discounts on Lunch Breaks
Foodland was a great company to work for always gave back to workers and CEO would make store visits and make the workers feel very grateful for working for such a great company. The workers all had such great personalities which made the work environment very fun and made costumers enjoy shopping there.
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVApril 12, 2015
Customers were friendly, co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done when the store was busy. The easiest part of the job was interacting with customers and meeting new people
interesting place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), South Shore KentuckyMarch 15, 2015
Pros: working with the public
I enjoyed learning about the new and improved tech. being done to the stores and I loved working with the public. The South shore Kentucky store was a great place to work and the people working there were great and good people to have on a team.
Company is no longer in business.
Bakery Employee, June (Former Employee), Kittanning, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Company is no longer in business. Company is no longer in business.
Workplace at Foodland Supermarket
deli (Former Employee), Killen, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: loved serving people, and meeting all the great people.
Cons: sometimes only one off day, hardly got breaks
On a normal day at foodland I arrived at 6:30-7:00 a.m. in the moring, I would clock in and go and do my part to open in deli department, which inculded; cutting on the lights putting our smoked foods in the smoker, sanitize the marinating bucks, put somemore food on to marinateand wash hands, go out to our table getting our sandwhiches and other food that is about to go out of date and mark them down and fill the table up with more sandwhiches, pies, ect. then I would look at the prep cart and see what prep needed to be done that day. Then when that was done I would get everything together to start frying everything for lunch and check to see if I had any orders that day. after everything was fired, if I had time before the lunch crowd got there iwould help my co- workers with the prep list. as customers came to the counter i would ger there lunch, and as calls came in I would answer them and take orders or handed the phone to who I needed to or answered any question the caller had. The management at foodland was great, always there to help with any problem and they were very respectable and fun. The hardest part of my job was working 6 days a week and hardly ever taking a break but once I got used to it, it almost became a second nature. The part I enjoyed most about working there was meeting all the wonderful people I got a change to meet.
Productive and nice place to buy groceries
Volunteer in an Asbury Kindergarten (Current Employee), Asbury, AlabamaJanuary 6, 2015
You walk in and the first thing you do is clock in. Then you count your drawer to make sure it is right. After that, just make sure all customers are satisfied then count your drawer down at the end of the day.
I've learned that you have to be patient with others and it may take time to adjust to certain work environments.
My managers and co-workers, for the most part, are good to work with.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people leaving happy.
Productive and peaceful job.
Manager (Former Employee), Cross City, FLDecember 10, 2014
working at Foodland was a pleasure and I enjoyed each day.
customers happiness was very important to me.
each day was an adventure.
Productive and Fun work place
Courtesy Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee), Kamuela HawaiiDecember 8, 2014
Pros: schedule came out in advance, reward system, work enviroment
Cons: weather, fairness
A day at Foodland consist of counting money drawer at the beginning and the end of each shift. Assisting customer find products/ items, bag groceries and load their car. Retrieving and collecting shopping carts. My co worker were friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of this job was the communication with the foreign customers. However I did enjoy going work and a seeing a lot of new faces and being able make people happy.
Everyone works as a team to get things done.
Stock / Cashier (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVNovember 10, 2014
Pros: laid back envirment
Cons: minimum wage.
Everyone works as a team to get things done. There is always enough people working.
Good Learning Experience
COURTESY CLERK/BACKUP CASHIER (Former Employee), Haleiwa, HIOctober 11, 2014
It was a good learning experience on how a grocery store runs, that is outside of the usual retail that I was used to. Made me a little more opened minded
A Productive Day
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement
I clock in at 7am and go to the 1st floor to retrieve the morning mail. I catch the elevator back up to the 4th floor and unpackage and sort the mail to 50+ employee's mailboxes in the 4th floor mail room.

I then, go to my desk, which is located on the same floor, log-in to my computer and turn on the scanner. I then, check my e-mails and delete all that is necessary and start scanning batches.

Late morning, early afternoon, I check the 4th floor mail room to see if the USPS mail from the 1st floor mail room was brought up. If so, I'll sort the mail to the 50+ employee's mailboxes. Then, return to my desk to scan more batches.

In the afternoon, a courier will come with a load of bags of invoices from 6-8 different store branches. Which I will open and sort to the 50+ employee's mailboxes.

And in between all this work I'm sorting and preparing in coming batches by date and alpha order to be scanned. As well as, preparing previously, scanned batches to be shredded.
My bosses were compassionate and understanding
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: getting to move all of the time(great exercise), always doing something a little different
Cons: working weekends and holidays, working in the cold
My day consisted of removing old meat from the case and wrapping fresh to put in it. I rotated lunch meat cases and made sure they were stocked. I learned about all of the different cuts of meat and how to cook them. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy and I had to keep the cases full. My co-workers and me didn't relate to well to each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I took pride in that the cases looked fresh and full.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cross City, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: customer service
Great place to work at, I loved it. I learned alot of new things and I was promoted within months because of the skills I possessed.
Inexperienced owner
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Centre, ALJuly 20, 2014
Pros: meeting customers
Cons: inexperienced management
The hardest part was to teach the owner how to control the business
The most enjoyable was serving the customers
Good starter job
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Rogersville, ALJuly 17, 2014
Good job for a high school/college student. A typical day at work would be stocking shelves and cleaning the store.
stock person
Janitor/stock person (Former Employee), Charleroi, PAJune 11, 2014
like the work i was doing. good company to work for and good clean environment to work in
Cashier & Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2014
I love those mangers they was very helpful and dependable. I was my favor jobs.
Very nice people.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVMay 14, 2014
job had very nice people and there was room to make a career if you make it to management.
It is a good and fun. It was a good experice
Cashier and customer service (Current Employee), Hurst, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: getting paid every week
Cons: short breaks with long hours
What I do everyday at work is taking care of all the money in the story. I also take care of all the cashier and I also do customer servicers. I have learned how to balance the office and the paper work too. the managers are understanding with my school and that really helped. The hardest part was getting off work and having to go to school early in the morning. I loved working in the office because I lied having an important job to do.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Monessen, PAApril 18, 2014
Pros: great working experience
Cons: understaffed
A typical day at work was simply spent providing customer service and ensuring all guests are satisfied. I have developed flawless communication skills. The management team was very understanding. My co- workers were pretty amazing. The hardest part of the job was working understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public.

1 2 3 4