Foodliner Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good pay, & benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Lake, MNSeptember 21, 2017
I've been at foodliner for a little over 8 months and have little to no complaints. Keep in mind that it's easier to complain than it is to praise, so I feel that most of these reviews don't reflect the overall rating of this company. Will you put in long hours? Most likely... Are you going to make good money & benefits? Very likely. I've been driving truck for over 16 years, and have worked at 6 or 7 different companies and this is by far the best one so far. Is it perfect? No... but it's a job, and I don't know many people who don't complain at all about work. The pay and benefits are better than average, the equipment is nice, and management although can have their moments are pretty easy to get along with. If you're willing to hustle, you can expect to make over $65k a year.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not home as much as I would like, but I'm home virtually every weekend.
trailer mechaninc
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IASeptember 10, 2017
lto checks prevenitve maintenace on fleet equipment. fixing tankers and all problems surronding them work place was allways clean and tidy not much taam work bujt you cojld get help by asking for it if you like to wrench and your in the midwes food liner is a good place to be,
Decent place to work
office (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 19, 2017
its an okay job to work for if you're looking to gain experience. I honestly wouldn't recommend it. You work excessive amount of hours, don't have a personal life at all. The stress level is high in the office, equipment not all up to standards. Needs more support from Management.
Pros
california staff very nice
Cons
no breaks, lunch unless you don't mind staying in the office until 9pm
Great pay but no family life
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 25, 2017
They don't give you the opportunity to have a balanced life it's all about work no family life and they are not interested
In trying to give you that. They don't offer an after hours for our Spanish speaking employees so you have to take these calls 7 days a week.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No family time
I would give Foodliner 4 stars
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 16, 2016
A 7/24/365 truck company with food grade trailers. Irregular routes nation wide, with some local and regional work available at some terminals.
Pros
The abilty to work Local, Regionsl at some facities.
Cons
Aggresive dispatching, Barely get your 10 hrs off-duty.
former foreman.
foreman (Former Employee) –  chicagoJanuary 15, 2016
Took th is job ,over a union shop worked there for 7 Months ,I was sent out to see the other terminals and Corp office ,everywhere I visited the first 2 weeks was great ,everyone treated each other with respect . Unfortunately the Chicago south location isn't one of those , the terminal manager is a workplace bully and doesn't know how to treat fellow employees or managers .I left after getting verbally insulted in his office , he called me a liar and took a vendors word over mine , and I was told to shut the up .they over work their mechanics make them work 50 hours before overtime , and treat the drivers bad.foodliner in a whole is a good company but the terminal in Chicago south needs a revamp of management, I was the 4th foreman hired in a year and a half ,if you don't do exactly what they want,or voice your opinion they replace you .
Pros
mechanics and drivers are great .
Cons
management at chicago south is poor.
a nice family atmosphere
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MiSeptember 10, 2015
was a good place to work home every weekend and 1 night per week. Most of the loads were light customers were polite. My dispatcher was a former truck driver so we got along great.
Pros
frequent hometime
Cons
not eough miles
Terrible Management, Unsafe Equiptment/Working Conditions, Pollutes Public Water Supply
Lead Tank Wash Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2013
They offer a great opportunity to learn new skills but at a cost. Management has cut too many corners by budgeting. The shop guys are not allowed to do preventive maintenance to their tractors so, the trucks aren't very good. They improperly dispose of waste water. Payroll and dispatch is constantly making mistakes. Coworkers are a good bunch but still like to gossip and point fingers.
Pros
Skill Opportunities
Cons
Bad Management, Payroll Mistakes, Terrible Dispatch Delegation, Run Down Equiptment, Extreme Weather Conditions, Dangerous Working Conditions