FoodLion

FoodLion Employee Reviews

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
District Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: WAS GOOD PLACE TO ADVANCE
Cons: I HAD NONE
Was opening a lot of stores and was a great place to advance in the grocery industry.It was a joy to go to work everyday. I worked with some great grocery employees in the country. I loved to plan my work and watch that plan take place during the week
Fun place to work I love my customers. Great environment friendly place to work.
assistant customer service leader (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJuly 1, 2015
I do different task at my job for example. I'm a customer service leader, I'm over Health Beauty and Care(HBC) and back up DSD receiving. I've learned how to work with others. The management is ok I just think they are unaware of somethings that go in the store, that they should pay more attention to. I love working for this company mainly because of the customers they're such a joy to be around especially when u see them on a day to day basis .
Busy but fair environment
DELI ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), fayetteville, ncJune 29, 2015
Pros: lunch break, proper raises, great environment
Cons: hour shortages, no overtime
Operating sales terminal, bagging and loading(if necessary) groceries and sale items, organizing products, managing money but must importantly managing customer satisfaction. Co workers were easy to get along with, hardworking and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create smiles on many different faces.
Great
FRONT END ASSISTANT (Former Employee), NorfolkJune 22, 2015
Foodlion was great company only thing I would like to see more of is employee advancement. Hard worker sometimes get over looked.
Productive and fast paced.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: easy promotion
Cons: Store closed down
A typical day of work involved assisting every day people with their shopping needs. I learned how to be a leader and communicate effectively with my (team) not staff. The hardest part of my Job was having to cut labor and send people home.
was a good job
Market Manager (Former Employee), Winchester, TNJune 21, 2015
oversee and run meat dept.enjoyed interacting with customers on a daliy bases.cutting meat is a good trade to have.working in management can be stressful but rewarding.
great place to work
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJune 13, 2015
Pros: the bonuses
Cons: being short staff
having the chance to work all over the store in all of the departments. Being able to learn everything about different kinds of foods and ingredients.
Productive place and overall a good work enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Leland, NCJune 7, 2015
Food lion stays busy so you are always running around with no free time. for the most part management is very nice and helps you excel in what you do but on some days the main boss will do nothing but put you down. no matter what you do she will not think it is right. the rest of the employees in every department were nice as can be and the customers make it hard to leave the store.
its a nice store
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2015
a typical day at work deal with over a couple hundred of people every day at work. im a well mannered and nice person ! its okay it could be better and it just need to give us more hours
good job for young people
Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 29, 2015
Pros: you will never have to travel for food
Cons: short lunches
typicial day at food lion is fast pace and a field where multitasking will be needed.i learned how to be more efficient with customers time and money handling.management was alright for the mot part just depends on which location you are at.co workers are not to friendly more so stay to their self's.hardest part about food-lion would be when customers have to void and whole order after 3-4 carts of ring up and food stamps both are long processes but nothing is easy.most enjoyable would be the fast pace hours.
GROCERY STORE
CASHIER (Former Employee), Avon Park, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: HAVING A JOB
BUSY WORK ENVIRONMENT,LEARNING TO PROCESS INFORMATION AND MERCHANDISE, ABLE TO WORK WITH OTHERS. AND MEET DIFFERENT PEOPLE DURNING THE PROCESS.
Truly Care for Their Associates
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Breaks are always formatted to your shift, excellent atmosphere
Cons: some co workers do have negative attitudes but more have positive
Amazing place to work, management always keeps a positive attitude no matter their mood. Always open to helping their associates at any given chance. Fast pace and constantly on your feet. Co workers are always nice. Always something to do.
productive
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 11, 2015
working with customers,maintain the store upkeep i like to help the older customers with there groceries. management was very good as well as other employees,i learned how to work in a fast situation
Awesome job I miss it very much
Cashier/Deli Associate (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Family environment
This review may not be appropriate for all foodlions and this one in particular is closed now. However this foodlion was amazing and I miss working there. The pay was not much but it was minimum wage for that time. They were very flexible and would cross train you in almost anything you wanted to do. The management was very nice and so were the other employees, it was really a family environment even some of the customers were regulars and also very friendly.
Great first Job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2015
I've Worked for the company for 5 years now and it has been a great place to work. I started when i was a junior in high school, the money was good for the type of work being that i was a cashier. i would recommend this job in the future.
learning new things
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and learning new things
Cons: Schedule, management
Being able to come to work knowing what to expect. I learn team work, how to decorate cakes and customer service. The management was so great, they look down on the employees at times. I keep a bond with all my co-workers and work as a team.The hardest part of the job was the schedule and working with the public. I have had rude people and racist people approach me. I enjoy having something to do every day and meeting new people.
stable job
cashier, bagger, customer service (Former Employee), Beckley, WVApril 28, 2015
stable job with good atmosphere. typical day started when i showed up counted my drawer down and went on register to relieve another cashier for a break. i rang people up on my register as fast and efficient as possible. i took pride in how i bagged groceries.
good
Cashier (Former Employee), NCApril 23, 2015
Working with this company was an experience that helped me learn different lessons in life. It taught me to be a hard worker and i learned how to work hard.
Fun place with a great team of workers
Maintenance (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great work staff
Cons: There isn't really anything bad about the job
My day is a very laid back for the most part. I've learned that the customer is always right no matter what. The managing staff is pretty open minded. There wasn't really anything hard about the job it was fairly easy. Talking to the customers is most fun part about the job
Good company to work for
Perishable Manager (Current Employee), Pulaski, VAApril 12, 2015
Pros: good benifits for full time
Cons: demanding work place
Food lion has been good to me . Over all it has been a good place to work. Some managers are easier to get along with then others, but the relations with other associates have been good i have made a lot of friends. The benefits for full timers are good, but part timers don't have any. It is hard to get a full time position, so getting your foot in the door at part time is the way most go about it. They are good about promoting with in company.

1 2 3 4 5

Deli Associate
Stocker
$8.75 per hour

FoodLion Photos

One of our many buildings!