FOODS CO Employee Reviews

Life at work
Front End Lead/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2015
Although this is a great company to work for, the work load among each associate can be over-bearing at times. However, it has taught me to become a leader among the group. Taking the initiative to get the job done has been instilled in me.
fast paced work environment
Cashier/PIC (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 1, 2015
Very Fast past work environment, a lot of hours available if needed. Depending on management the culture of store can be great.
great entry level job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  santa maria caFebruary 16, 2015
good job for entry level, push carts, store, sweeps, collect boxes and compact it. fast promotions into other departments and get a variety of training and use towards other career paths
Pros
great entry level job
Cons
low hours
Fun and easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 20, 2014
If you show up on time and do what you are suppose to do, the work is not hard and you get more hours.
Pros
paid weekly, benefit for full time workers, discounts on groceries
Cons
short breaks
nice people.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CADecember 9, 2014
Great environment but they switched managers to frequently and reduced pay after 2 years
Pros
was promoted
Cons
reduced pay after 2 years
Fast pace and very busy at times. Great people
DAIRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Handford CaliforniaNovember 18, 2014
A regular day includes picking up items and placing them back to there location. Helping customers through out the day. Answering calls from customers. I learn to better my customer service and how the hierarchy works within the company. The company consists of one store director and four different floor managers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers. The most enjoyable part is meeting so many different types of people from the community.
Pros
one hour lunch close to good food. fun at times
Cons
very busy an hectic
Productive/ Teachable work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 29, 2014
Typical Grocery store environment, a lot of positive individuals, management was unorganized, all around enjoyable work-space.
Great company
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2014
decent job. A lot of opportunity to move up. managers could be hostile other than that good job
Fast paced production and high expectation
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 14, 2014
This place is not the best place to work for everyone. But if you are a fast learner, fast paced person, and likes productivity; this is the place for you. Every day is a challenge because the volume and sales of this place is just ridiculous! I didn't have to go to the gym because of this job, I lost 20 pounds after 2 months. Every day when you walk into work, the challenge is already there, waiting for you to do better than you did yesterday.
Pros
great and fun co-workers to work with
Cons
short breaks and favoritism
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  3657 W shawJune 30, 2014
I was hired as a cashier but I'm also cross trained in four different positions such cashier, bread, liquor, and general merchandise. The hardest part about my job is remembering how to do every position to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part about my job is my co workers and the customers. It's great to know you can make someones day.
Pros
co worker you work with are awesome
Cons
no promotional opportunity or hours
Productive and fun work environment
Deli/ Bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2014
FoodsCo is a great place to work with friendly co-workers. I learned many things while being employed here. Everyday is a new challenge dealing with large amounts of customers on a daily basis. There really is not a hard part of the job I feel I handle everything in stride. The most enjoyable part of the job is having nice co-workers and meeting new people everyday,
Great Benefits
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2014
Lack of communication from management. After six years and several managers, the company changed for the worst.
Pros
advanced quickly
Cons
no more growth for long term employees.
Fast paced and unsafe.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 19, 2014
While employed management was not helpful in providing safety and security. Co-workers were unable to provide customer service due to language barriers. Theft was too prevalent and frequent in and out of the store.
Pros
scheduling was manageable.
Cons
transporting to and from work was unsafe due to severe crime in the area.
Poor place to work
Customer 1st Clerk, Ripper, Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2014
Worst place I've ever had to deal with. There were no training process at all. I remember my orientation clearly. I had to go to another store and the person who ran the orientation had no clue what she was doing. First we went through all the chains and companies associated with Foods Co, nationwide. After that, she tried to show us a video and didn't even know how to put it on. Then after we took a lunch we came in and rushed through all the policies, which I thought was very unprofessional. My first day was in the first week of July, and it was chaotic, especially with Independence Day. No trainer or even a lead supervisor to walk me through what my responsibilities were. Basically, threw me into the wild to survive on my own. Sometimes, they schedule me in the evening, then a day off, then the following morning, and next day will be the evening again. I was waking up to work, sleeping to caught my sleep, and really I would only have like one day off. After that they did the same thing to every new hire, even now they're still doing it. The people are unmotivated and lack communication. The managers hardly listen to anyone's suggestion, yet expects so much out of everyone. The same with the supervisors. Front leads don't know how to utilize their customer first clerks. They have combo-clerks which are checkers and customer first clerks; hardly will they be doing go-backs and running around. They are forced to check all day because the lead says so, and leave go-backs unattended for hours; yet expects all the customer first clerk to finish by closing. I was bumped up to floor  more... work, but it seem like work slavery. I am a little over 5 feet and they have me pulling pallets full of dog food and other heavy stuff with a manual jack, while the floor supervisor just check all day and expect me to do his stuff for him. Teamwork is a rare commodity among the workers, only certain individuals with great work ethics will contribute because they see the corruption in the work area. This is the worst place I've ever worked at, and I don't even under union... it's unfair. Hardly any hours given, yet they still hire new people every month and cut more hours. I don't know if any other store is like this, but my experience with this store portrays how all the other stores might be like, since there should be a "similar" orientation, training and work environment. I give 1 star to everything because they lack too much traits to be call a "decent" job.  less
Cons
everything
Productive Fun place to work
Night Crew Leader / Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Soledad, CA.February 13, 2014
Fast paced environment with a lot of room to excel and grow within the organization.
Foods co
GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2014
This is an ok place to work at. The employee there are nice and helpful except for the manager and the night crew lead because they feel like they can tell you to do anything. True you must listen to your manager but if one is telling you to do something and the other tells you another thing, ok so who do you listen to the higher one.
Pros
easy going place to work
Cons
bad management
A lot of work, fun/funny people.
Assistant Night Crew Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2013
I work hard from when we clock in till we clock out. Every minute counts. Minutes spent not working is minutes added for overtime. What I've learned working at Foods Co is not to take work so personal. Just do the best you can, as fast as you can. That's all anyone can ask for. My co-workers make work easier, because we all joke around to keep a positive mood while working hard. The hardest part about the job is breaking down the load because its more lifting involved when breaking. Personally, the most enjoyable part of the job for me is sweating. I like to workout, so when I'm stocking or breaking down the load, I work as hard and fast to get a little workout.

The bad part about working at Foods Co, personally, is the raises. I started working at this particular Foods Co around December of 2012 after transferring from another Foods Co and I haven't received a raise since. Not so great benefits and I don't like the Union. I feel that this union does nothing for us employees and they only contact you if you're getting suspended.
Pros
great people in management
Cons
raises, benefits, and the union
Good work place i get to interact with customers
Customer service first clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CANovember 2, 2013
I get to interact with customers everyday and my work consist of taking care of the stores needs. I learned the value of customer service. The management team there is good and friendly. My coworkers are easy to get along with fun people. The hardest part of my job is when work overnights it throws me off on my sleep patterns with random shifts. The best part of my job is I get to enjoy what I do.
Pros
good working enviroment, fun place to work
Cons
short hours
unfair
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 28, 2013
they gave an unfair treatment it was like a fav thing or something that i dont understand
over all a good place to work
asst. customer 1st mgr. (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at Foods co was always exciting. i enjoyed our regular cutomers. i knew them by first name. At foods co i was able to train new members and old. It was a good feeling that i can help members and customers resolve there issues.