Foot Locker, Inc

Foot Locker, Inc United States Employee Reviews

Sometimes Footlocker can be a great place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), 9501 Arlington Expressway Jacksonville , Fl. 32256April 19, 2015
Pros: The employee discount program and being able to recieve new releases before the public.
Cons: The healthcare is very costly and the pay is below average.
I have been employed with Footlocker Inc. since November of 2001. In that time I have learned a great deal about products and services offered by Footlocker. I enjoy assisting customers, I believe that is the most enjoyable part of the job, and learning from management. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is not being able to satisfy every customer.
Fun work environment
Full Time Associate (Current Employee), Unknown, MNMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work for, very fun environment and great coworkers. Everyday is different from the last, always learning something new.
Fun environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great work discount
Cons: pay is terrible
Its a great fun environment to work in with the latest sneaker and athletic apparel. Its a team oriented job therefore you easily make friends with coworkers and managers always make it fun. hardest part is meeting sale quotas.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: inside the mall
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work was inventory. I learned how to sale myself and products. The management was wonderful. Co-workers kept me on top of my game as far as sales and commission. Nothing hard about selling shoes and accessories. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Overall a great place to have a career
Director of Learning & Development (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great product, very successful organization, great people.
Cons: a culture of internal competition between divisions too often leads to a lack of collaboration
Foot Locker is a great place to work, the product is fun, the sports focus is fun, and most of the people are great. The company is financially successful and dominates the athletic footwear retail business.
Long hours, good pay.
Store Manager/Manager Trainer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 7, 2014
Managing people is a tough task, but working 60 plus hours every week makes it even more difficult. I enjoyed my time at Foot Locker, but the hours wore me out. The discounts were awesome and the benefits were standard.
Meeting people from all walks of life
Store Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FlSeptember 15, 2014
Never a dull minute which I love. There is always customers, shipment, floor set ups and cleaning to do. It is a great group of people to work with and I learn something new every time I work.
Productive, fast paced environment.
Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: salaried benefits, etc. no clocking in / clocking out
Cons: company changes hinder possible promotions.
To be a part of a very successful company is an honor. I run reports on various vendors and customer who owe the company. From these reports I am able to see the age of the items that are owed to us and recognize how collectible they are. From here I make phone calls, write emails and delegate responsibilities to the staff in order to make collections. We work separately and in teams to collect the funds owed to us. I am also responsible to ensure incoming checks are allocated properly. I work to ensure all month end, quarter end, and year end processes are completed timely and accurately.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Del Rio, TexasAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work was just to make sure to greet all customers, to assist customers with anything they need. Making sure the stored looked nice andy neat everything in place and order. I learned to be more responsible and get faster by practicing, i learned that working as a team is important and it held the company in order to achieve it's goals. Management was good, they knew what they were doing and they handled every thing and situation well while I was there. My co-workers made the working environment fun and productive at the same time, always working on something, never wasting time and always active. The hardest thing about this job is whenever they want a certain style of shoe and we do not have their size in stock so to deal with that I would show the customer a similar model and then when they would try them on they would feel how comfortable the shoe was and the look in their face was awesome and i think seeing the customer happy makes the job enjoyable.
Sales oriented company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMJuly 19, 2014
Days are very slow on the job, not many customers come in due to the area. I have learned the ins and outs of management whether it is handling paperwork and money at the end of the night, to being apart of conference calls with the other stores in the district and the District Manager. My co-workers are mostly high school kids whom are eager to learn which is great to see. The hardest part of the job is having to push sales to make the day but with very little customers it makes it tough and us as a store looks bad at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy of helping consumers with purchasing shoes or apparel that suit their needs.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 24, 2014
Foot Locker has taught me a lot about customer service and sales. The managements is very helpful on getting you prepared for moving up within the company. Co-workers are reliable and friendly which makes the workplace the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good company, limited advancement
Manager Trainer (Current Employee), VirginiaJune 10, 2014
Pros: discounts, freedom to operate with limited direct supervision
Cons: steadily changing message, long hours, low pay
Pay slightly below average. Work isn't too hard, but limited communication coming from the corporate office. Those who succeed are typically smart and hard working, but find their skills can garner a lot more with different companies. Most employees are not too educated and have very limited aspirations.
A fun job for students with sales experience opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flushing, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours & discounts
Cons: running up and down to the inventory room
Learning about the newest shoes and sneakers and applying your knowledge towards your sales skills.
Great Job Expirience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMarch 19, 2014
Pros: 30 to 50% employee discount
Cons: 1 hours of break working 4 hours.
A customer service dedicated company overall experience is good would recommend to anybody.
easy job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: discounts and meeting new people
Cons: no lunches no breaks
Led sales meetings with team members to establish sales and customer retention goals. Monitored customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts. Resolved customer complaints by exchanging merchandise, refunding money and adjusting bills. Shared product knowledge with customers while making personal recommendations. Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.
Enjoyed Working at Foot Locker Inc.
Graphic Production Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: extensive travel
Overall I enjoyed my years at Foot Locker. Fast pace enviroment with many talented individuals in the field. Encouraged co-learning from team members and provided many developmental opportunities in your field.
Fun Place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Great working experience, customers are friendly, and the workers are fun to work with.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no raises
My day at work consist of making sure customers are satisfied. At this joy I learned how to adapt to different people. I also learned how to multitask. My manager is a great manager. He taught us so many things and he did not put a lot on us all at once. I felt like we were a big family. My coworkers and I were really close. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are very rude. The best part is meeting new people.
Fun and competitive work environment demanding attention to detail and a quick wit.
Store Manager, Associate (Former Employee), Longmont, CODecember 17, 2013
Fast-paced work environment with a focus on strong customer service and sales skills. Difficult hours, but competitive pay.
Dedication to the customer - Distrubution Center
Material Handler-II/Back-up Clerk/ Dock Stocker (Former Employee), Junction City, KSNovember 24, 2013
I loved my job for the simple fact that I was able to advance in many different areas of my department and in the company itself. I was always pushed to do better. My supervisors saw what kind of an asset I was to the company and always pushed me to do better. I worked in the Receiving department so the hardest part would have been proving as a women that I could do a mans job. I was 1 out of 5 women that worked in the department when I started and then I was the only women left that worked on the floor.

1 2 3

About Foot Locker, Inc

Foot Locker, Inc. is a global retailer of athletic footwear and apparel, which operated 3,641 primarily mall-based stores in the – Read more

Foot Locker, Inc Salaries