Foot Locker Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,232 reviews matching the search
Fun and energetic work environment with awesome music
FULL-TIME ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2016
a typical day as a sales associate at footlocker would usually consist of 2-3 people per shift. One Store Manager, two sales associate. Depending on customer traffic duties may include building sales on the sales floor or in the backroom adjusting inventory.

you have 2 option is pay compensation.
-minimum wage hourly- no commission
-set hourly base pay(less than min. wage) + Unique commission percent rate that is based on volume of the store and performance.

You receive constant product knowledge and work close with brand representatives that help individuals sell their merchandise.

the more you sell the more you make.
Pros
30-50% employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
hours, pay, product availability
Fun work place when you have the right staff some higher up's after store manager should be replace they are disrespectful.
Store manager, Champs Sports (Former Employee) –  PA/NJFebruary 12, 2016
I love working with the company until 2 years before I left a lot of the district managers are very disrespectful, and inappropriate towards female employees. You work over 45 hrs and never get compensated. if you wish to start a family definitely not the career you want. I will never work with Champs Sports, Footlocker Inc EVER AGAIN.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, discounts
Cons
you work hard and extra hours mangers never get compensated, commission sucks.
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 29, 2016
Long days with something to always do at all times. Focusing on customers first then tasking such as cleaning the store or processing shipment. Learned a lot working for them about budget sales, maintaining hours at or under target, hiring, training and promoting associates. Merchandising with a given guide. Hardest part of the job is definitely the hours since it is retail and having to work extended hours during holidays. Friendships and memories are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Health, vision and dental, 401k
Cons
Holiday Hours
Productive and fun work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 20, 2016
I loved working with Footlocker. Depending On If We Have To Shipment or not , we did inventory, Stocked Shelves. Working With Different Customer Trying To figure out the shoe that will be the right fit off of if they had high or low arches, whether if they were using the shoe for working-out, standing on there feet all day, running, lifting, indoors and out. that experience was very exciting and interesting, interacting and engaging with different people, races, ages and personalities is something that I had gotten a joy out of it. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. they always had my back when ever i need an extra hand, except for the store manager , the management team were kind of useless when it came to managing things. And the hardest part of the job was to actually make sure if what the customer is buying today is gonna be the same tomorrow so they wouldn't come back and say it feels different and return any items.
Pros
30 min. breaks, discount, benefits
Cons
disrespectful customers
A good and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Good management
Good coworkers
Typical days that I earned good amount of money
I learned customer service, retail sales, inventory procedures, and ability to deal with a hostile environment
Enjoyable day is when i earned over $1500 in sales and had no complications with customers or my coworkers
Hardest day is when I didn't earned a cent of sales and had o deal with difficulties with customers
Pros
Good lunch time period and reasonable benefits for hardwork
Cons
only one lunch period and not that many benefits
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
An exciting and fast-paced environment. Opportunity to collaborate with a variety of internal teams and vendors. Opportunities for advancement and to make significant contributions. Great team in terms of passion, work ethic, talent, and overall friendliness. Good benefits.
Pros
Being able to build with the company
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to gain expeirience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2016
This is a good company if you want to gain managerial experience They give you the tool necessary to learn how to manage a store. The down side is the compensation for the amount of work that you have to do, it almost makes it not worth it. This would be a good job for a college or high school student looking to gain knowledge on management.
Pros
Great people, good discount on appearal, alot of upward mobility and room for advacement in the company.
Cons
Compensation!
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Great company to work for, and would've stayed if pay was not so low. Hard to make a living without any raises, but management was amazing and really cared about your well being
Pros
Shoes, management, work/life balance
Cons
Pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 15, 2016
Pros
People
Cons
Expectations
Fun and laid back
Part-time Assistant Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66605April 5, 2016
Enjoyable job with its benefits. Management inside the store is good. Some hire up management could be better but its not awful.
Pros
Get 30% off shoes.
Cons
Have to deal with favoritism.
Lady Footlocker
Part time Sales Associate - 20hr+ week (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2015
Working at Lady footlocker has taught me the value of true customer service. The staff at Lady footlocker is amazing. My co-workers and the management makes work an enjoyable experience. For the years I have worked at Lady Footlocker I have enjoyed there. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile the consumers face. At my job I have plenty tasks to do at my job so I am never standing around at Lady footlocker.
Pros
advancement in company
Cons
salary pay
Lady Foot Locker
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 29, 2016
When I worked here, I loved the benefits that came out of it, but at the same time the management and employees were not as helping when it came to first starting out.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
Alot of overtime but under paid
Lead Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 31, 2015
We've had to work mandatory 10 hour days for the last year because of demand but management is slow to ease the stress of work by hiring more artists. The benefits are great and the Wausau area is beautiful. There is no advancement as a production artist. The overtime helps compensate for the overall low hourly wage but you sacrifice any kind of social life.
Pros
overtime, employee discount, good benefits
Cons
no advancement, mandatory overtime, below average pay
Great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Good company to work for. However, as a sales associate we don't get a raise and only make $7.25. Management system is great
Fun and Productive
Sales Associate- Westfield Sunrise Mall (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Kids Foot Locker is an extremely fun position for shoe lovers. Helping customers with different styles to putting outfits together with the accessories the store has is fun and the benefits while working here is great.
Pros
Benefits and Interesting
Cons
N/A
NIce company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 22, 2016
I worked for the company for six and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Employee pay is nice, and so are the benefits. My manager was the GREATEST!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customers
Fun Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2015
Foot Locker is an exciting and fun place to work. There's always something that needs to be done around the store; which makes for no time to be bored. I've learned a lot while working at this company from being able to do management duties, knowledge of the products we carry, customer services and learning from my co-workers on how they succeed at doing their job well. I work with a management team who wants their store to succeed as well as their employees. They take the time out to train and push their employees to be the best sales associates they can be. The hardest part of my job is meeting the needs and expectations of each customers that visits our store; the easiest part of my job is being comfortable enough to ask my management team and co-workers for help when I need it.
Pros
Discount, customer service experience, position growth, product knowledge, management skill development.
Cons
No benefits for part-time workers, no set scheduling and no guaranteed hours.
retail sales
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Sales, Inventory control, customer service , Building a sale BAS , ability to train in various markets, constant change
Pros
commission plus base salary
Cons
Mall hours
Worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 15, 2015
Footlocker is not a good place to work! You are under paid and over worked! The company wants you to do so much and not put up raises. As an assistant manager they pay you minimum wage, yes 7.25 along with 2% commission, which is just enough to get you by IF you have 1 bill and no family to support. The store is ONLY busy TWICE a year, B2S and holidays. That's the only time you see money on your check. Other than that you are begging customers to spend money in your store. You are lucky if you even get a 6.99 cleaner with that shoe. It starts off fun in the store but it gets miserable after a while because there is no money walking in, so you not getting paid much. The most you'll take home every 2 weeks is 500-650, BUT when B2S and holidays come you're looking at 800-1000. But it won't last long.
So if you're looking for a cool laid back job to laugh with customers and coworkers and not make a lot of money this is the job for you. But if you're really about making money this is not for you. This is more for a high school student looking for extra cash to spend on unimportant stuff. I've been here for 3 1/2 years and the last year when I got promoted to AM was one of the worst!
Pros
Cool laid back job
Cons
Under paid over worked
for highschoolers only
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 22, 2016
7-15 hours perk week which inst enough for anyone living on their own. Great with discounts on shoes and when it comes to learning about different shoes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
horrible benefits