Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 2,971 reviews matching the search
fast paced work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 24, 2017
As a worker at footlocker, you have to be knowledgeable on all product. Also, you have to be willing to be outgoing to give the customers a memorable experience.
nice working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2017
no complaints. I really enjoyed. Met a lot of friendly people that helped me out along the way. It was a nice challenge when we had to met monthly sales goals
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2017
A major thing that I learned at Footlocker is that every customer is important even if they are just browsing around,. Another thing I have learned is that a customer is most likely to buy if they try a product on. The hardest part of the job is when traffic picks up and you have to help more then one customer.
Pros
Discount, fun, meet lots of new people
Cons
short break, open on holidays, hard to advance
Fun if you're into sneakers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 23, 2017
It isn't a particularly difficult job, and at times it can even be pretty fun. But in order for you to get the most out of it, you'd need to be into sneakers. And if you're not a full-timer or management, you're not really going to be getting too many hours, so it's not a job if you're in high school.
Pros
Sneaker discounts
Foot Locker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJune 23, 2017
A typical work day would be dealing with different types of customers who you would have to treat fairly although you knew they werent interested in making a purchase. Also depending on what time of year it was determined how constant the traffic was and how much harder you would have to work. I learned how to multitask and talk to people to be able to best fit their needs. Management varied on the store location because of the different area and the expectations involved. The hardest part would be not knowing the new products because of not having any hours for an extensive period of time and the lack of knowledge I was able to provide customers without having to continuously ask for assistance. The most enjoyable part would be having customers leave the store satisfied.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 23, 2017
Manager was amazing . Put me to work in stock flor and cashier in which all I professed and became very successful . Discounts were great . Great ob for college student at the time .
Pros
Discounts, Comission
Cons
N/a
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
as my first job its a great place to start to build your customer service skills. working retail as a agent taught me a lot of things as far as customer service.
Pros
good learning
Cons
short pay
Foot Locker
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 21, 2017
Good company to work for overall. Selling atmosphere can be very enjoyable when surrounded associates with mutual interest. Advancement is provided to deserving employees.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Long Shifts at Times
Fun place to work interact with people to sale everything you can
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 21, 2017
Nice company good place to work if you're into this kind of thing , good perks for employees for retail such as employee appreciation I enjoyed my time there for sure
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
Very little to no break time, people can get really rude & disrespectful
amazing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 21, 2017
great people
great managers
great customers
amazing experience. great stores.
great pay.
always busy.
smiling faces.
great conversation
positive energy
amazing vibes
Pros
everything
Cons
timing
Trabajo en equipo
Asistente (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRJune 21, 2017
Trabajo en equipo.cajera, cuadro caja .. acomodo mercancia , ago inventario. Servicio al cliente
There ok but very understaffed allways
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJune 20, 2017
Work 50 to 40 hours a week sometimes two,12hr shifts in a week with no lunch or 15 it was honestly it was a very bad experience being a part of management
Fast paced and exciting sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work here consisted of ensuring the displays were properly set up, making sure inventory was accurate, and ensuring we met the needs of our customers. I learned how to help people find a comfortable or fashionable shoe that met their needs. Management was very engaged with the employees as well as the consumer. The culture of the workplace was friendly! The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all new and old inventory making sure nothing was unaccounted for or out of place. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to buy shoes and clothing at a discount!
Fun Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 20, 2017
Everyday just really helped customers
I learned how to work well with a team
The management was really easy going
the culture was great if your into shoes.
the hardest things was keeping the store clean
the most enjoyable had to be the customers
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
lifestyle
awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
i loved working at footlocker it was great! love helping people pick out shoes, im a shoe person myself, which is a plus working there. i would work afternoon shift which was also just laid back to.
I enjoyed being able to wear store clothing and shoes at work
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 19, 2017
Foot locker was good to work around my hours. I feel the employees should be paid better. I learned so many things about shoes. I didn't realize different shoes had different purposes.
Pros
discount on shoes and appearal
Cons
only minimum wage
very fun enviornment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 19, 2017
Everyday theres something to different to do. Open up the store and print out daily goals and individual goals for the associates working that day. talking to different type of people. always a good vibe working in a mall. I learned leadership and how to train new employees and training new upcoming management. hardest part is starting to sell if you havent sold before but its a very fun way to learn retail and to sell. Most enjoyable part is interacting with people and helping customers find what fits them best.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 19, 2017
I enjoy the energy the environment brings . I feel the job caters to young adults looking to grow the ladder to success. The harder one works , the more growth you can gain in the company
Very productive workplace. Great opportunity to network, and meet new people. I also was able to impact lives through exceptional customer service.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
I have a passion for fashion, music, and helping people, so this job was nearly ideal for me. At times my creativity was stunted, and guidelines were required to follow. The company encourages innovation and a family like atmosphere. I learned some very valuable lessons working with this company.
Pros
The best products. Relaxed work environment.
Cons
No job security.
Flexible Workplace with a Friendly Atmosphere and Great Management
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 18, 2017
From the first day Foot Locker they made it clear that they prioritize the employees first. They understand that most of their employees are students and they are willing to work with class schedules. They also provide training and opportunities for advancement within the company. Within 6 months of being employed I was already on the fast track to being advanced from a part-time sales associate to a full time manager. Sometimes there would be push back if there would be some improvement that would needed if a part-time would bring it up. This could include criticisms of the scheduling, the way the floor was ran, or if certain employees were not doing their job. But eventually the managers would notice the initiative a part-time would be taking and begin to address those concerns.
Pros
Freindly Work Enviroment, Excellent Scheduling Practices, Very Flexible
Cons
Hours are Competitive, Can Be Relocated at Moments Notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.