Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employee Reviews

stay away from the tulsa/okc market
Store manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaJune 12, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: upper management
I worked for the company for 4 1/2 years. For 2 1/2, u was a store manager. The tulsa district is a joke. While there were just a few managers that actually cared about their jobs, there was too much back stabbing.

The "market leader" wouldn't help unless you kissed her backside. The district manager never would help either. She would always say talk with your market leader. Then, again, I would ask for help just to get a run around about how my store was fine and that I could handle it on my own.

When it came time for audits, my dm was never at my audits, and my market leader, when she did come, would throw me under the bus.

The st. Louis market was a great place to work...not so much the tulsa market.
BIGGEST REGRET, STAY AWAY
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 10, 2015
Cons: Everything. Pay. Managers. Co workers. Schedule. No advancement.
Awful company. Terrible pay. Theft of sales. Lack of management. No order. Scams being done in store with managers involved. Co workers made rude customers a joy to be around because they were all spiteful and grimy. You report something to management and you get in trouble for not keeping your mouth shut. Paid less than minimum wage because you work off commission yet all your co workers steal your sales so there goes your pay check. Don't waste your time.
The job is great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2015
I love the overall workplace. The employees are great, the managers are great as well. The biggest thing I learned is how to manage a store and making sure to stay attentive. The most enjoyable things is interacting with the customers.
Productive, competitive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJune 8, 2015
Pros: Relaxed environment when sales floor isn't busy
Cons: Very minimum pay
Constant one-on-one sales to customers and maintaining appearance of the sales floor. Co-workers are usually fun and upbeat. The hardest part of the job is trying to avoid being sluggish after 8 hours on your feet constantly running back and forth for customers.
Fun and fast pace but pay is bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TxJune 7, 2015
Pros: good discount, fun environment, develop sales skills
Cons: pay
For the most part, it's a great and fun job. If you enjoy sneakers and new "street" fashion, you will enjoy the job and the good discount. The only thing you won't enjoy is pretty bad pay.
Fun workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AzJune 6, 2015
Bringing in and shipping out stock, grouping shoes together by brand,size,color. Learned organizational skills as well as managing skills. All of my co workers were great, including bosses. Was no hard part of the job really, and i enjoyed being able to listen to my music while i worked.
busy
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJune 5, 2015
Good company to work for, great benefits if you are there for more than two years. There are some nice perks with working for them.
Fun workplace
Stock Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 3, 2015
UPS deliverers shipment, I bring into the back room and check it all in. Once checked in, I begin unpacking and putting them in the wall in correct size/style/brand. All of the managers were great and very friendly, including all the co-workers. Everyone got along well and there was never any problems. I loved the job because I could listen to my music while i worked, which helped me get though those long days of 100+ packages.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 31, 2015
Job was fun if you and your co-workers know how to work together. A lot of slow days unless it is release days or holidays. Management was easy to get along with friendly, and knew how to keep people busy. The hardest part of the job is understanding the pay, and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leave happy.
Poor Management
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMay 29, 2015
Pros: 30% discount on products
Cons: large company
Management is having a hard time trying to figure out why they can't retain people and it is because it is the way they treat their employees.
productive and fun
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2015
Typical day was making sure that store stayed clean and that I managed co-workers on things they were doing. You could talk to management about any concerns.
Fun environment, but must be able to work in a fast pace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2015
On a typical week day, your mornings can be slow, but give you ample opportunity to make sure the customer is being shown everything from shoes to clothing. I've personally learned that it is necessary tone able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to hold multiple customers at once. Always keep the customer happy. My co-workers and I have always gotten along but there can always be some tension in a sales based of employment, especially when you make almost minimum wage and receive commission. Hardest part would probably be the holidays due to the hours being strung out everywhere and not being able to truly spend time with family during the holidays. I love Foot Locker and what the company stands for, and I love being able to truly help the customer make sure that they are extremely happy with each decision they make. Overall, the company is an AMAZING company to work for. I do, however, believe that their are somethings that could change to make it a little bit more enjoyable.
easy job just stay on task
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), los angelesMay 22, 2015
It is a very easy job to do. Nothing about working here is difficult anyone can do it all you have to do is talk to people so if you are shy then you are just not going to last because anyone is easily replaceable. The only way you get decent hours is is you are part of the management other than that you will probably get like 8 hours a week if you are lucky 15 at most when there are busy weeks. It all depends who your manager is some are really cool and others just take this way too serious when it really is not. Anyway if you have a chance at a better part time job where you are guaranteed at least 20-25 hours per week then go and do that you will suffer here trying to get hours, Working weekends and holidays is not worth working here.
Career Growth
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on Shoes
Increased annual revenue by 55 percent with gross profits of 2 million dollars
Trained 12 cross functional employees, created work schedules and maintained daily operations
Researched marketing strategies and merchandising in order to increase customer satisfaction
Created inspired and detailed product displays to show case the company's most popular assets
Ensured employee awareness of safety, emergency and organizational policy and procedures
Maintain adequate store supplies, through the ordering, tracking and maintaining of shoes, clothing, athletic apparel and associated products
Great Discount
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TxMay 20, 2015
Fun Laid Back Job, Doesnt pay enough only good for shoe discount. Fun people to work around, customers are even better, Mangement pretty cool
Productive and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 120 w. 34th StreetMay 20, 2015
The morning shift is slow at times, but from 11AM until closing time, it's busy and active. There's always something to do, so that you aren't bored but always busy.
Cultured and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Bonuses and work environment
Cons: Short breaks and pay
When you would arrive the first thing you would do is set a goal of how much you wanted to make for the day and how much you wanted to sell in shoe care, insoles, and socks if your manager didn't already make one for you. Throughout the day you would strive to be the best sales associate you could be using their six strategies and being knowledgeable about the products. In my three years for working for Foot Locker Inc they have had good managers if not they got rid of them fast. It was always fun competition with my coworkers which helped us strive to maintain and get better. It was like a family working for Footlocker. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers by any means. There would be times when a customer would pull off the shoe they came in with and they would ask for the same exact shoe. The model of the shoe they had could be years old but being knowledgeable about how to check inventory could help the customer leave out with the shoe they wanted by ordering through the store. The hardest part of the job was the flexible scheduling and lack of full-time positions. I was switched to this store after Lady Footlocker closed down in my mall, I can say that this job increased my knowledge about products for not only women but men as well and it strengthened my efforts as a hard worker.
Footlocker Fun
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Lithonia GAMay 18, 2015
I love working at this company I have been with this company since I began my journey as a graduate student at the University of South Carolina
Meeting new people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 17, 2015
With this company you meet new people face to face daily , and have fun explaining new products that we sell ,hardest part of the day would be closing and putting the shoes up and fold clothes. Other than that I love this job and company.
Learning experience
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: none
A typical day at work would be cashing out customers.
I learn how to cash out customers and do returns.
I had no problem with management.
I had no problems with co-workers we all worked together.
The hardest part was having to watch those customers for not taking merchandise with out paying.
The most enjoyable part of my job was putting shoes back that were left out.

About Foot Locker

Foot Locker leads the pack in the race to capture the biggest share of the global athletic footwear market. The company is a leading – Read more

Foot Locker Salaries