Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employer Reviews

i really enjoyed this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJanuary 7, 2015
it was fun seeing the eagerness to see people in and shop there were some slow days but overall it was a good experience never had any complants wish i had more time working there employees were great always had a positive attitude and seeing the customers satisfied was the main important thing.
FootLocker
General Manager (Former Employee), new yorkJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: you get to see the newest apparel as soon as it comes out
Cons: standing on you feet for most of the day
Working with customers, making sales on the floor. Work the register from time to time.

More people skills, ways to act fast in certain situations, money handling skills, display placement etc

I'm a people person and I never get into any confrontations with any co-workers. I was friends everyone at footlocker

Having a lot of work to do and not enough stuff

Just to do my job well is enjoyable, no matter what job it is that I am doing
Very fun and upbeat work environment to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for the footocker Company for many reasons one would happen to be because of the location there where plenty of people from out of the contry that come to shop and at times it challenged my position but what's work without a challenge.
Division of FWW/Kinney Shoes in Beginning and became parent company when both closed.
Planning Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: sports related environments
Cons: commute to nyc
Provided planning managers with files to manage topside open to buy plans to roll up for VP of planning.

Improved Excel skills and planning software knowledge while coordinating roll up of plans and reports.

Worked with various departments and enjoyed a great working relationship with all parties involved.

Rolling up plans on a weekly basis with time constraints and proofing accuracy of plans.

Developing training tools for the planning managers to use.
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newport News, VADecember 22, 2014
Sell sell sell and have fun. All co-workers and managers are fun and easy to get along with. If you just do what you're asked you'll be successful.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 18, 2014
Pros: sneakers, discounts, fun environment
Cons: career advancement opportunities were not advertised (among employees)
This was a good long-term first job to have. I learned about working with people, and selling, as well as marketing and professionalism. Can't see how I could have made a career out of it though, the opportunities to advance were never readily available in the stores I worked in, so I could not set a career path once I finished high school.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VADecember 16, 2014
Sales Associate
Foot Locker - Woodbridge, VA
July 2009 to July 2010
Responsibilities
Responsibilities included cleaning and keeping a neat display area.
Making sure each customer was greeted in a cheerful manner when walking into the store.
Be proactive in helping customers decide which shoes to purchase without being controlling.
Always mention any sales going on to the customer before closing out the purchase.
Keep cash drawer neat and accurate at all times.
Making sure the back stock room is properly stocked and shelved according to shoe and size.

Accomplishments
While at this job I was remained top sales lead for 8months straight. Receiving employee of the month several times.

Skills Used
Attend
Skating and Bowling Center - Fort Belvoir, VA
May 2008 to June 2009
Responsibilities
This required making shoe and skate rentals along with lane assignments, run cash
Fast Paced Work Environment
Sales Associate/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 15, 2014
Pros: sometimes our managers treat us to lunch
Cons: the pay
A typical day at work is talking with customers and trying to see why they came into the store and make sure they don't leave without them being satisfied. I learn how to interact with people better. Management is driven off of our communication with one another. We communicate well. The managers never abuse their powers and treat you equally fair. My co-workers are very friendly and down to earth. And the hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with ignorant customers.The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to talk about sports with my co workers when things get slow.
Productive, and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), chicago, ILDecember 15, 2014
stock/maintain order of sales floor and displays. sale and disrtibute various athletic apparel.
very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), bronx , new yorkDecember 15, 2014
a lot of multitasking with customers , look for the right sneakers that suits them well for whatever they need it for , team work
I Enjoy Working Here
Sales Lead (Current Employee), South Euclid, OHDecember 14, 2014
Pros: 30% discount at all foot locker companies, flexible schedule, management, environment
Cons: pay rate, promotions can take a long time, hours can be cut
I've been working for Foot Locker since i've been in the 11th grade. The people I have worked with have been really great. From the regular associates to the management. Its like a family. I've worked at 2 different locations, 1 inside of a mall, 1 street side store. Its a huge difference in traffic but its something to adjust to. I can say its not a job for everyone. People always tell me "you are lucky to work at Foot Locker, I'd love to have that job". But you have to meet different sales goals every day, every week, every month.

Based on the day or week, a lot of hours can get cut. That sucks the most about the job honestly. Also the pay is low for the work we do. The physical labor, obnoxious customers, and day to day procedures. I think Foot Locker employees should get paid ALOT more than we do.

Also working for the company, you have to have patience. You can get promoted. But you have to wait. Your sales numbers have to be good and you have to wait for the position to be open. I was a Sales Associate for 2 years until I found out that I was going to be a Sales Lead, but someone transferred to my store at that position so I couldn't. It took me 3 years to get the promotion, but it can be a lot quicker and would have been for me too.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 10, 2014
Help customer's critical think about what shoe best fits their wants and needs while adding on other merchandise. Fun people to work with and must be able to manage your time and have great short term memory.
Worst job I ever had!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PADecember 7, 2014
Pros: discount, you get 50% 3 times a year.
Cons: everything else
Foot locker does not give out raises at all. I worked there two years without receiving a raise and there was obviously people who worked there way longer. One girl was there for 14 years and never once received a raise. You would think the pay would be great if they don't feel the need to EVER give out raises but its not. As a sales associate you get paid $6.13 a hour plus 1%commission. Assistant managers make minimum wage with 2% Commission and i am not sure about the actual store managers but i know they don't make commission. As a part time employee you can not go over 30 hours so even with the max hours you can only make but so much with $6.13 a hour and the commission doesn't really help, If you sell $1000 worth of shoes you only get a extra $10 on your check so to make a extra $100 on your check you would have to sell $10,000 worth of shoes. This job only works for people who have another job and just want a discount on shoes because that is all this job is good for. The discount is 30%
Fun work environment
Champs Sports Sales Associate Brea Mall (Current Employee), Brea, CADecember 5, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: not alot of hurs
Great and fun work environment, staff is extremely helpful. only negative were the hours.
cool job
Manager/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
how to train employees. self motivated goals accomplished.how to be the best. tools to do it.
Cash plus sales associate
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee), annapolisNovember 22, 2014
I checked out customers that were ready to by sneakers, apparel, and other things.
Managment
part time associate (Former Employee), greensboro, ncNovember 17, 2014
great company to work for with a lot of opportunity to grow. fast paced retail job that is fun with a lot of opportunities to grow.
Was never a dull moment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: meet celeb, artist, professional athletes
Cons: always work holidays
i really did enjoy working for this company and would come back right away. Management was amazing in every store i ever worked in.
Foot Locker is a good shoe store to buy shoes from
shoe keeper (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 10, 2014
I would like a job at foot locker so I can show my parents I am responsible for the job I have.
A productive great learning invierment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYOctober 30, 2014
A typical day at work would be smooth depending on the customers that enters the store. I have learned how to be a leader and a strong manager throughout the years. From moving from store to store progressing on my skills i've realized all managers manage different.We keep a friendly relationship with the coworkers.

About Foot Locker

Foot Locker leads the pack in the race to capture the biggest share of the global athletic footwear market. The company is a leading – Read more