Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 2,971 reviews matching the search
Very fun place to work
Sales & Stock Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
I enjoy sharing my shoe knowledge with the customer. Answering any questions they might have, also making sure they are satisfied with their purchase is my goal and is what makes the job fun.
It is a great job to work, but doesnt pay the best
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2017
i love my job. the people are cool most of the time and its always a fun atmosphere. the only down side that i see about the job is the pay. you can sell all you want but in the end the store manager reaps all the benefits.
great experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2017
Poor pay in the slow months where your commission can only be but so high. however was fun. I would still be working here if the pay was higher. I got too comfortable here now I need change in my life.
Pros
great experience
Cons
poor pay
Sales Associate
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2017
Footlocker was my very first job as a teenager. Working at Footlocker was very fun and fast paced. I was able to hone my sales schools and interact with people from all demographics.
Pros
Fun
Cons
N/a
High school student job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 11, 2017
Spent three years with the company. Very fast paced and sales are important. The environment is extremely competitive. Store manager can make OR break your experience. Not a job for somebody looking to live off of. I would say this is a side job or something to do with your extra time. Definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone looking to pay any rent or major bills will this pay. As assistant manger working 40+ hours a week my checks were only around 650 average every two weeks. With commission. The work is draining and I feel it isn't for pay for what comes with the job.
Pros
30% discount, flexible hours if part time
Cons
Pay is low, no paid time off until full time for 6 months
Life of a Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 11, 2017
Typical day for me was come in set up the store, drive sales, run stock, paperwork, make schedules, recruit and train employees, close the store at night.

District Managers need to listen to store managers sometimes when it comes to moving troublesome assistant managers. Do not tell them to wait it out and not be able to move them just because we have a problem with them. Thats why you loose so many great store managers.
Pros
Discount on everything you sell
Cons
if your not Full-Time, you sometimes feel like you don't exist. no benefits either.
a hate love relationship
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJune 11, 2017
i enjoyed working for this company but sadly due to poor communication from management i am no longer with the company.i with they give more opportunities to people who have been with the compny for years then maybe they employees would stick around longer.
Pros
discounts, great networking opportunities, easy work
Cons
pay isnt much, hours vary, managment can be lazy
easy fun job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2017
This is a fun job for shoe enthusiasts and people that have great customer service skills all kind of pics of shoes all kind of pics of apparel meeting new people everyday this is a good job
Pros
first pick of all new items in shoes
Cons
short breaks
Very fast pace environment assisting customers with merchandise.
Assistant Coordinator/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Footlocker is a very fast pace envirment. Lots of customers, and merchandise. I learned that the customer is always right. The envirment was very professional. The hardest part of the job was helping subordinate employees that did not take the job serious. At footlocker it is a team effort to make sales. The most enjoyable part of Footlocker was to assist kids by their favorite sneakers.
Pros
Helping kids choose their favorite sneakers.
Cons
Subordinate employees
What I learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 9, 2017
At Footlocker I learned how to manage more than one task at a time. This job also delivered the ability to work under pressure, in certain situations.
Pros
Interacting with different people
Cons
Short breaks, on feet all day
Good place depending on location
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
Footlocker is a fun place to work depending on the management and location. The location determines the kind of customers will encounter and sometimes they can be very rude and demanding. The management determines how relaxed and fun the environment can be as well as the associates. They make and break your day including the tuff days. Most associates are fun and welcoming as well as managers
Awesome energy and fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 8, 2017
Most enjoyable place I have worked
Company standards are effectively communicated and easy to understand
All levels of management is very easy to communicate with
Pros
enjoyable, fast paced, definitive direction, nice product
productive and fun-friendly environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2017
a typical work day would be a steady- pace environment . friendly-funny customers..get alonq with and my employees.

what I enjoy the most at work is the customers and what you can learn so much with interacting with the customer.
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Foot Locker's Marketing Department is full of talented and dedicated employees. The work pace is fast and deadlines were typically tight and tended to move frequently. Adapting to these changes was an essential skill to have to be successful.

The culture of the organization is very laid back, especially for a large global corporation.
Pros
Discounts, Good Employees, Nice Office
Home Feeling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 7, 2017
My time so far at Foot Locker has been memorable due to my great co-workers. As a neighborhood store we receive more customers that live in the area and it's always nice to see them because they're polite usually.
Pros
Gret co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours and long training process
Working
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 7, 2017
I would love to work hear, i always visit the store to buy shoes and clothes. I would love to be a part of the team and spend time helping out the company as best as i can.
Pros
Good breaks, and lunch breaks, clean sneaker and clothing
Cons
Small store
Wouldn't recommend
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2017
Power struggle within upper management. Upper management does not consult with engineering on technical decisions. Any attempt at planning is rebuffed and due to lack of planning, lots of troubleshooting.
Pros
Mostly friendly co-workers
Fun, healthy environment
Assistant Manager sales lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 7, 2017
Great first job. Fun environment, lovely employement. If you like shoes you'll like it there.. great way to open up an become better at conversating with people
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
not for everyone
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
I loved working in the footwear industry but mall retail isn't for everyone. Long hours and long weeks with little to no time for family eventually wears you down. Work/life balance is non existent with this companies demanding work schedule.
Fun workplace
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 7, 2017
Fun workplace, fast paced, good environment, you get paid off commission so you need to make sales. It can get competitive. Always in uniform. And standing for most of the day
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.