Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 2,326 reviews matching the search
fun place to work but not the biggest opportunities
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 31, 2016
I was a MIT with one of the Footlockers in MOA. Typically I would handle all the paperwork, I would handle any customer problems and assist customers.
Pros
Fun environment, Fast pase. enjoyed the team members
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement within the company
Fun Workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2016
Working at footlocker was a fun experience. In a typical day i would come in and start organizing a part of the stockroom that needed the most fixing until the truck came. Once the truck would come in, me and my co workers would unload it and well also load it it with ship outs. once we unloaded the truck, we would take the boxes into the stockroom, unpack them and put them in the correct shelves in order. i learned how to meet project deadlines and be more organized. i worked with great coworkers we was about teamwork and helping each other out when we needed it. the hardest part was having a shoe and having to look for the other shoe in a large stockroom. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and my fellow coworkers.
Pros
Great Discounts and Great staff to work with
Cons
early morning shifts
A great workplace with very hard working people.
Cashier/Visual/Sales (Current Employee) –  440 BroadwayAugust 31, 2016
I would highly recommend working at footlocker. They help work with your schedules so that they are flexible for you. The work is a little challenging at first but you start to get the hang of it.
Pros
30% discount in footlocker stores. Discounts on other things.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIJuly 26, 2016
slow days are Monday-Friday
weekends most busiest days
fun staff
the beset part about the whole job is thats you get shoes for 30% off which is a bonus if you like shoes to take advantage of. out of the 2 years i didn't have any problems with my performance.
Pros
shoes
Cons
unnecessary guidelines
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 26, 2016
i loved working for this company the pay just wasnt enough to keep me there. I was devoted to this company for eleven years. i enjoyed meeting different people of different cultures that were in search of fashion of shoes and clothes and glad that i was able to help them in many ways.
Pros
discount on shoes and apparel
Cons
not enough pay
It was a good place to learn experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 8, 2016
I learned how to communicate and also got better at interacting with people. I had a good time at Foot Locker built lots of great relationships with my coworkers. A typical day at work would be putting shoes away, dealing with money cashier, selling the shoes, managing the stores, it was a store that did not have many people on the floor so lots of times I had to manage the store myself which gave me a great experience. My co-workers and I all respected each other they were all older than me and took me under their wings. We would all often go out and grab something to eat. Hardest part of the job was when there were no customers or people to communicate with. The most enjoyable part of my job was interactions with people and building a relationship with all the customers.
Pros
Get to talk to people and build great realationships
Cons
The store was very slow
I will Love to work here.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63116August 3, 2016
I am a hard dedicated worker i am easy to work with i am willing to learn new things and you will not regret hiring me.With me working here i can save my paycheck for my college tuition and to pay for books.
Pros
Free Lunch provided
Cons
How far is it away from my house and what time do i get off
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 15, 2016
This was my first job when i was in high school so i stuck it out for 5 years. i loved being a sales associate, the pay wasn't much but like i said it was a job i had during high school. i would highly recommend it to someone to someone looking for a job for the first time.
Pros
discounts on shoes, clothes
Cons
pay
Productive fun nice working encironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAAugust 3, 2016
Fast past ,enjoyable work place that I enjoy going to on a daily. Benefits are well and management is fantastic. Everything from the start of your shift to the finish is well prepared if not the training so you can be prepared is easy aswell
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I learned how to deal with multiple customers at once. The manager I had was always playing games on his phone, co-workers acted like they didn't want to be there. Hardest part was remembering what everyone wanted, best part was commission.
Pros
you get commission
Cons
No room for growth
Great enviornment and people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 19, 2016
Overall a good job but with 0 life outside of work, when your paid on salary they might expect you to stop everything your doing on your day off and drive a couple hours away for something as simple as going to a audit. This job is ok if your fine with putting your family last and this job first but if thats not your style of job you would like to pursue this may not be the job for you if your looking for store management.
Pros
get to work with great high demand product
Cons
No outside life, NO job security, A lot of Favoritism, high stress with little pay
Boring and no pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2016
Only got paid $6.25 an hour. Didn't know it was COMMISION until I started. For the first like 2 1/2 weeks or so, I sat in the back doing workbooks so, I didn't get opportunities to even get commission. Because of that, I could be there 20 hours a week and only have a check for less than $100. When I finally got onto the sales floor, I was trained so much on how to sale shoes that I wasn't really taught where specific shoes were located. I would feel bad because I would have a customer waiting 5+ minutes because I had no knowledge of the stock room. My location ended up closing about a month after I started.
Pros
Managers were care free so I pretty much did what I wanted.
Cons
Everything else.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  kids footlockerApril 17, 2016
a typical day at work for me as a assistant is very fast past at time I have to balance customer service and managerial duties as well as training my part- timers. My staff members are great people and very great to work with the learn very fast and are great about getting the job done. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people and knowing that I gave them a great shopping experience in my store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Commision in a slow volumn store
Fun place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 12, 2016
Depending on your location, it's a lot of work for little pay. You have to wear the type of shoes they sell, but they aren't easy to purchase with the pay they give. The atmospher of the place is really fun and great for young people.
Pros
Store discounts.
Cons
Horrible pay.
Competitive but still freedom
Foot Locker Salesman (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 22, 2016
This job is however you make it out to be, if you are hustling and greeting people and attending to their needs, then you should be okay. It is a performance based company where the goal is to sell more than just the shoe by itself, but if you are greeting people, attending to their needs and showing them the products, then you should be good.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Rarely rewarded
it was a friendly working environment, the employees were helpful
cashier (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUMay 3, 2016
I sold shoes and ran the cashier. Provide right sizes for customers is a good example of my every day duties. For the most part the working environment was very relaxed. The management of course can be strict once in a while but thats how all companies are.
Pros
discount on shoes, friendly people
Cons
rude customers, busy days
Great starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 7, 2016
Lady Foot Locker was my first starter job when I was in high school. It was enjoyable but boring at times. I enjoyed my coworkers. The customers are what made it worse. I had to find other employment due to lack of hours.
Pros
decent breaks, employee discount
Cons
angry customers, lack of hours
Great atmosphere loving always fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 22, 2016
I had a great experience here, being an assistant manager nand be able to help my team succeed far as my store as well. Making sure customers are taken care of is important. Interacting with kids is the key. Point of sale is to make that commission.
Corporate Culture Obsessed with Cost Cutting
Manager, External Financial Reporting Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Fair place to work if you're in their Corporate Offices. At Retail, very poorly managed and treated like cattle. The Company is constantly falling behind on trends and struggling with proper product mix.
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 15, 2016
i feel the footlocker workers or sales associates are confident and people person workers. i hope for one day to work at footlocker. the most enjoyable part of the job to me would probrably the excitement the costumers has before buying the product .