Foot Locker Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,887 reviews matching the search
Feast or Famine
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KSFebruary 27, 2016
Worked many 12 hour days when the scheduled hours were for five eights. Worked to many weekends. Kept changing start times. Wouldn't let You have time off when needed. Work many hours for weeks then it would slow down and you would be lucky to get twenty hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Face paced but fun interacting with ordinary people. Great learning experience for me being as though I'm still young so I enjoyed it. The hardest part would be dealing with people who has no manners.
Typical
REGIONAL HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2016
This was one of the best places of employment I have had the pleasure of working for. The motivation, job morale and opportunity for growth was unbelievable.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
I was laid off
pretty good job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 24, 2016
The typical day was fun with a lot of customer interaction. It is a lot of back and forth walking to get shoes from the back of store but nothing too strenuous. I learned a lot about different shoes, insoles and cleaning, and customer relations. The hardest part of the job was some of the other employees. Several friends were hired and decided they did not have to work as hard since they were friends with upper management.
Pros
discount on shoes, socks and in-store items
Cons
little to no break and short lunch
Productive and fun workplace
2nd Shift Product Handler (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 24, 2016
Since I started working there, everything was new to me. I didnt know what to do. I ask my lead to see what I can do to get thing done without worrying anything that fall behind. If the order fall behind, then we should work hard to get most order done and what not done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 23, 2016
I would assist customers with selection in shoes. They need fitted I would measure they feet. Nice commission if you can make the sale.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Store rearranging
NIce company to work for.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 22, 2016
I worked for the company for six and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Employee pay is nice, and so are the benefits. My manager was the GREATEST!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customers
Nice environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 22, 2016
The employees that I worked with were nice, but the lack of job security is very disconcerting. Overall, the company is nice.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Pay
productive and fun worklplace
Pt. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55425February 22, 2016
It was a very fun and professional environment. working at lady footlocker taught me everything i know about customer service. It helped me build and shape my professionalism and helped me become a better employee.
Sales Associate- MIT
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2016
An environment were your day can be determined by customers or the typer of relationship you have with peers. You have to thrive in communication and be aggressively assertive in attempting to be helpful.
Good place to work for High school & college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 18, 2016
Learning new sneaker products every week and displaying shoes and clothing neatly and properly in the store. Lots of cash handling daily
Fun Place to work at, Great enviornment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Typical day at work would be, clocking in at around 4:30 PM and go directly to helping customers, which made the day pass by so fast it barley felt like a 6 hour shift. What i learned was great customer service skill. Management was ok it could've been better, more helpful and can encourage their employees to do better. most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and selling them the product they want, also seeing the smile on their face was awesome to me.
Pros
Great discounts on shoes, and clothes
Cons
Low pay
It was a cool work enviornment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2016
It was never a dull day working there. Meeting new people and even getting to know some of the customers who came more frequently to the store by name as time went on.
Fast paced enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2016
The typical day consisted of greeting and welcoming customers in a friendly, providing the customers with the help and advice they are seeking.

The majority of the customers that came into the store were tourists visiting the city
retail sales
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2016
Sales, Inventory control, customer service , Building a sale BAS , ability to train in various markets, constant change
Pros
commission plus base salary
Cons
Mall hours
Typical Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at Lady Footlocker depends if the day is fast or slow. If it's slow that means the store didn't reach the goal of the day, and also you were low in commission. I learned patience, and great customer skills at this job. Management didn't give workers enough hours. Co-workers always was willing to help one another. The hardest part of this job was lack of hours. The most enjoyable part of this job were meeting customer needs because I know I did my job correctly.
Pros
New sneakers
Cons
Low pay, not enough hours
Strong
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2016
The corporation is a strong place to grow and learn the techniques and ideas necessary to succed in the athletic footwear and apparel industry.
Fun work place when you have the right staff some higher up's after store manager should be replace they are disrespectful.
Store manager, Champs Sports (Former Employee) –  PA/NJFebruary 12, 2016
I love working with the company until 2 years before I left a lot of the district managers are very disrespectful, and inappropriate towards female employees. You work over 45 hrs and never get compensated. if you wish to start a family definitely not the career you want. I will never work with Champs Sports, Footlocker Inc EVER AGAIN.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, discounts
Cons
you work hard and extra hours mangers never get compensated, commission sucks.
I do not wish to repeat this review
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 11, 2016
Cashier, folding clothes, greeting customers, answering the phone, checking for shoes, shipping and receiving shoes
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALFebruary 11, 2016
Average customer flow.
Co-Workers adapt and react quickly from coaching in the moment.
Hardest part of the job is trying get the customer to purchase a insole.
Most enjoyable part is work with my team and daily conversations with customers.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
Long hours of standing