Foot Locker

Foot Locker Employer Reviews

productive fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 15, 2014
fair managment , but favoritism. Easy day at work. Hardest part of the job would be attending to multiple customers at the same time.
Fun workplace
Salesman (Former Employee), Mesa , AZMay 13, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: down time
I started working at Footlocker while in high and went on a mission for church and came back to work there. It was a great job!
Lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 6, 2014
Foot Locker is a good place to work. Due to the fact it is a retailer, it possess a lively and upbeat environment. However there are peak times when business can be overwhelming, but that is an outcome that comes with any business in the retail industry.
shoe sales man
Associate/Manager (Former Employee), Medford, ORMay 5, 2014
Pros: learn about all the shoes
Cons: receiving shipment
a day at work was meeting new people the smell of new leather, sports, and competitive selling. my favorite part of the job was learning about every shoe we had in the store personally so I would be able to make the customer happy with their choice of shoe. the hardest part of the job was receiving shipment.
Sales person
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deptford, NJApril 26, 2014
Didn't like working for the company didn't give people the opportunity they deserved.
Great place to work for a short period of time.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: discount, work environment, learning selling skills, music, employees
Cons: short breaks, lacking employees, inconsistent business at times
I currently work at footlocker as an assistant manager, overall this is a pretty descent job and it has its ups and downs. I've been with the company for about a year and a half now , the overall employees are really talkative and down to earth and pretty easy to relate to. The work pace is mostly fast (especially on weekends), it usually slows down – more... Monday-Thursday. The discount is what keeps me still working here honestly, the basic discount is 30% off anytime and 3 times a year is 50% off. The most difficult thing about the job would have to be dealing with some hard to please, indecisive customers. Mostly people dealing with retro Jordan's or any exclusive sneaker. – less
Great workplace upbeat fast paced
Excellent salesman (Current Employee), Detroit miApril 23, 2014
A typical day is opening the store getting to service customers, making sure the workplace is clean and ready for business, i learned how to run a business train co workers and advance through the company. Dealing with all different types of customers and attitudes everyday but not letting them affect mine. I was a part of management and we worked well – more... as a team, the hardest part was letting people go or writing them up. I enjoyed the environment flexible hours and discounts. – less
Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours
Customers were fun. Employees made goals that were set for the day.
its not that great
Stock Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: pay
its ok if youre really into shoes, the discount is great, sometimes customers are needy, management can be pain and pay isnt that great either unless youre at big store.
Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee), York, PAApril 15, 2014
Productive and Very good Customer Service. The atmosphere was very helpful and clean. Coworkers worked very well together. The Management was very nice and they helped customers and employees in everyway they could.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Pros: free shoes, good money
Cons: it was too far
Managed sales transactions with a revenue stream of 2 million annually. Led sales calls with team members to establish sales and customer question calls. Hired and trained sales staff for new store location. Recommended and helped customers select merchandise
based on their needs. Informed customers about sales and promotions in a friendly engaging – more... matter. Managed wide variety of custom service and administrative tasks to
resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently. – less
Relax work place
Associate (Former Employee), BismarckApril 7, 2014
Relaxed and stress free work place
Management was good
Had a disagreement with new assistant management
Hardest part of job was finding shoes in back
Good work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CaApril 5, 2014
I learned how to interact on a one on one basis with my customers. A typical work day was fun and energetic and always keep me on my feet and busy making sure every customer was helped.
Productive and Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSApril 4, 2014
Pros: 30 minute break
Cons: short break
Very nice place to work, meeting friends was a plus and I enjoy working with my co workers, here was a lot of opportunity to grow. I would recommend this job to others.
great experience to my professional background
Manager (Former Employee), PRApril 3, 2014
training and supervision employees
inventory management
offer customer good quality service
nice work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: 30 % discount on anything
i like working at foot locker it's a part time position for me that i only work weekends. the pay isn't that great but what i really enjoy about it most is the customers that comes in the store because i work in a tourist area and the joys of the diversity that i see and the things that i learn from some tourist i enjoy my job working the weekends but – more... i dont make enough to actually have a living meaning housing, car ,and etc. – less
Simple retail 101
Market Manager Trainer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 3, 2014
Pros: availability of latest trends.
Cons: did not challenge my skills set.
Sales and customer service driven company. Management team was allowed to manage specific metrics to achieve sales results. Co workers were often younger and lacked long term goals.
Was able to see the new fashion items and help buyers develop new updates to consumer demand.
Low labor cost made it challenging to manage operational and sales task.
Entertaining and rewarding
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
• Welcome customers and assist with the selection of merchandise.
• Make sure that customer service goals and standards are maintained and optimum customer service is delivered.
• Assisted with employee Payroll.
• Handle cash, change and conduct financial transactions.
• Make sure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually.
• Maintain – more... merchandise pricing, signage and coding.
• Recruited and trained new employees.
• Participate in counting store physical inventory on a regular basis. – less
Footlocker
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: discount on cloths and sneakers
Cons: pay is low and overall hours are controlled
Its a great environment with great people that share the passion of shoes and cloths. Management all depends on the area.
Very nice
sales associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 12, 2014
this job was hard in the beginning, but as I worked more and more there, I learned more then I thought I would have. the customers are wonderful. the employees and mangers are very helpful and extremely nice.

About Foot Locker

Foot Locker leads the pack in the race to capture the biggest share of the global athletic footwear market. The company is a leading – Read more