Foot Locker Employee Reviews

Found 2,662 reviews matching the search
fun work environment
Cashier/ Visual Merchandiser/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Good pay, decent hours to work. health benefits good. staff were awesome. you get to travel with this company within the same state. easy to advance. security on site always felt safe (worked in New York)
Pros
discounts on sneakers and apparel
Sale associate to footlocker
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 7, 2016
Once I come to clock in to work, I would ready to sale the companies product. Comfortable environment, I would meet people everyday and have conversation with the customer on persuing to buy our product. I would have a goal each work shift and for the week that i would make sure to reach.
Pros
comfortable environment, holiday get together
Cons
low pay rate
productive and fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 6, 2016
I loved my job i just out grew it that, was my high school job and i wanted to get a taste of other opportunities, I love being at work and seeing the smiles on my customers face, I was excited to be at work because i can help; others in any way possible, just by making their day when I see a smile on their face,
Pros
discount on everything in the store
Cons
n/a
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA 22102December 5, 2016
Footlocker is a wonderful company to work for. If you love shoes as well as helping people this is the place for you. There's always something new to learn since the technologies used in running, training, and basketball shoes are constantly improving
Pros
Great discount
Cons
super busy holiday season
Competitive but team driven atmosphere among employees
Salesman (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Typical day includes keeping the store organized and tidy along with helping any and all customer service related duties. learned how to deal with difficult people and use sales pitches. great management and flexibility with scheduling.
It is a good energy enviroment and everone gets alon and it is not hard to not smile.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2017
My current foot locker position is impotant to me I enjpy to wrok hard and set example. Getting to customers first is one of the main thing.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
working garder when other people dont help.
Productive work place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 19, 2016
I use to love working at foot locker it was amazing , the management was outstanding , the co-workers were awesome but over time it became less and less fun due to the changes in the work place.
Pros
Free lunches provided by the manager
Cons
changes with management and co-workers made the job less fun
Fun
ASST. STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day of work was great. Learned a lot about consumer interaction. Management was great and helped me understand. My co-workers were amazing. really learned a lot about sales and retail intelligence. Very flexible and attentive to your needs.
Pros
Sneaker discount
Cons
Uniform
very boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 1, 2017
A typical day at footlocker is usually very slow if its not the summer or a holiday. The hours are very long just because business isn't great so it leaves you with not much to do. The pay is very low and not worth the time of even working there
Pros
discount on products
Cons
very low pay
Productive and fun environment
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 18, 2016
Footlocker was a great environment to work in. This job helped me perfect customer service to the best of my abilities.It was all about what the customer wanted and more. With Footlocker it was always about adding more. You cant just sell a pair of sneakers to someone without having them try on our latest graphic design T-shirts or even our comfortable insoles. It was always about hustling and going the extra mile for our customers so they can walk out content. I really enjoyed helping others in time of need, whether it was a new hire who was having trouble learning the system or if a co-worker of mine was having difficulties with another customer. I enjoyed giving every customer who walked in 110% of my attention and satisfaction.
Pros
Lenient with schedules
Cons
Short breaks
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 7, 2017
Great employees, great overall work environment. While employed with Champs sports under the Footlocker umbrella, I was fortunate enough to leaned and develop strong, lifelong skills in regard to customer service.
Pros
cool employees
Cons
not enough pay
Overall view of the company has shifted a bit...
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAOctober 29, 2016
Typical work day consists of a 9am to 7pm day. Printing paperwork, and filing paperwork. Checking the days sales projections and figuring out how to hit our sales goals. My co-workers are great. Young, energetic and they have a willingness to learn. I learned how to manage 16 to 20 associates at a time and make proper schedules to meet their individual availabilitiess. The hardest part of my job is having to work 12 to 14 hour shifts, and also having to fix customers issues and/or complaints. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with those open minded customers who come in and appreciate all we do at the store front. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and being able to turn them into Personal customers.
Pros
THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH AND THE GREAT CUSTOMERS.
Cons
CRAZY HOURS, HOSTILE CUSTOMERS AND THE NOT COMPETITIVE PAY.
Footlocker
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 27, 2016
Working at footlocker can be very fun with the right management team like any other job. I really did enjoy my time there. The hardest part of my job was trying to buy every shoe that was released.
Pros
Employee discount, friendships
Cons
Pay based on commission as a part of the management team
Productive and fun environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Working there was satisfying due to the vibe of the store.Management was very good, they communicated with the team very well and made tasks simple. It really felt like a safe and fun environment to work at
Pros
Discounts on apparel and shoes
Cons
Short breaks
foot locker
Sales Lead, Part-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 9, 2017
• Assist customers with locating items, purchasing merchandise and making returns
• Operate cash register, handling cash, credit card, and check transactions totaling up to $3,000 daily
• Organize and keep track of weekly inventory using store database
Really fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 5, 2016
My typical day at Foot Locker would consist of helping customers find anything they need and helping them with any questions they have about the shoes we'd have or any shoe repair things like that. My co-workers were the best! They treated me like if we were one big family. One of my favorite jobs ever!
Fast Pace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 4, 2016
Fast Pace. As Store Manager I had the opportunity to train all my staff and many of them are in management positions today! You get to meet people from different Backgrounds and learn to pick up on the strengths and weaknesses of each individual along the way.
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Compensation needs improvement.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAJanuary 24, 2017
I believe that the most enjoyable part of working in this amazing company was the way people would come and look around for the perfect accessories, and I had the opportunity to help them find the style they desire.
Pros
Working in the Fashion industry
Cons
Nothing at all
Good potential - poor execution
Director of E-commerce Strategy (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 21, 2017
Great brand, but their Digital arm is spread far from their Bricks and Mortar management. This makes true Omni-channel initiatives difficult.

I wish them all the best!!
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Poor management moves over the last 10 years.
Overall a stable place to work
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 23, 2017
Company is in a technology / architectural transition/transformation. Basic technology for collaboration and to connect teams across the globe is lacking.
Pros
Nice market share / presence
Cons
Technology strategies are slow to develop and implement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foot Locker. Our community is ready to answer.